Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shall we lose the New War?

VoidArkhangel

Just found this video and made me think about that, just imagine if we lose the new war and we have to ''rediscover'' everything again.. this will help to the story because we will have to learn about everything in the solar system (corpus, grineer, infested, orokin and sentient story, secrets, vantages and disadvantages) to bring maybe another war to the sentients where we could win because right now we do not know almost anything from the factions except for the grineer while Natah knows almost everything from each faction due to all the data we recovered (spy, mobile defense and intercept missions) and even she could get a lot of info while we slept, info about us too.

So we may have the power to defeat the sentients but they have the strategy and the vantage in knowledge, if you think that way maybe we need to lose this war to rediscover ourselves on the Duviri Paradox and with that our vantage.

Well, losing would certainly fall in line with the hero's journey structure and would allow for a soft reboot of sorts. But I think the intention is that the war is going to be ongoing for as long as the game continues. Such a dynamic setting would certainly invigorate the game. It would be good if your choices actually had consequences, and if you had to take a hard look at yourself and those choices. I don't think the Tenno are going to lose, but yes, perhaps we should. One of the reasons everyone likes The Empire Strikes Back is because the bad guys win. That's always a great trope to pull out against characters who are basically demigods. Perhaps the Duviri Paradox will basically be like the descent into hell, and that would certainly give them a lot of room to run with, lore-wise. 

• Like 2

Any semi competent leader will prob move all major war machine infrastructure to the void...as it is poison to the sentients...and the corpus and grineer might help too...meaning we can have basically an uninterrupted supply of war material...and if we get access to tau system, we can bomb their infrastructure and cripple their war machine...we might lose some battles, but the is unlikely that the sentients will win the war if we attrition it out. 

5 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Any semi competent leader will prob move all major war machine infrastructure to the void...as it is poison to the sentients...and the corpus and grineer might help too...meaning we can have basically an uninterrupted supply of war material...and if we get access to tau system, we can bomb their infrastructure and cripple their war machine...we might lose some battles, but the is unlikely that the sentients will win the war if we attrition it out. 

Unless they find some BS way of getting resistance to the void and we have to figure out a new way of fighting them...

hace 15 minutos, Askorti dijo:

Unless they find some BS way of getting resistance to the void and we have to figure out a new way of fighting them...

Erra talking to Natah during the new Quest:

Erra: But you have something our people have never had before, Natah. You're stained by their wickedness. Use it! Use their sin against them!

Natah can use Void, and seemingly also control Tennos

We are losing this war hard time

19 minutes ago, -STR-Lotus said:

how can we lose a war that doesn't exist?

Fortuna,Rail Jack,old blood ,many new Warframes they all came, but the new war didn't come, even though it was first announced.

I love comments like these, because old war was never announced to come before anything yet released. Its been hella pushed back, yes, but it was never said to release before old blood/empyrean/etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozcg888 said:

Just found this video and made me think about that, just imagine if we lose the new war and we have to ''rediscover'' everything again.. this will help to the story because we will have to learn about everything in the solar system (corpus, grineer, infested, orokin and sentient story, secrets, vantages and disadvantages) to bring maybe another war to the sentients where we could win because right now we do not know almost anything from the factions except for the grineer while Natah knows almost everything from each faction due to all the data we recovered (spy, mobile defense and intercept missions) and even she could get a lot of info while we slept, info about us too.

So we may have the power to defeat the sentients but they have the strategy and the vantage in knowledge, if you think that way maybe we need to lose this war to rediscover ourselves on the Duviri Paradox and with that our vantage.

I disagree with the video.

Yes, the Sentients have all the advantages in this war. That's because that fits well into a story where we are the heroes rising against impossible odds.

We've already been broken. We've already had our major loss, breaking our psyche: the Lotus essentially abandoning us, betraying us even. I'm still personally holding on to the idea that Natah doesn't possess her own free will in this situation. What we saw in the Chimera Prologue has me thinking that this Mother character has some way to control her Sentient minions/subjects/whatever against their will. Then the New War trailer, where Mother is speaking from off-screen to Natah? Natah sounded... broken. Mentally broken.

So I'm still hoping she's not really our enemy, and it will be interesting to see how the story plays off all of that. But the point is... we're already at a major low for the Tenno. The truth of our existence, and our warframes, has been revealed. The truth of the Lotus has been revealed. And now we're questioning everything, everyone, and have NO idea where to turn, or who to turn to.

So this is where we rise up and prove that we really are the heroes that we've always believed ourselves to be, even if before it was all lies. Because we control our OWN destiny. This is OUR truth, and we will make it true.

man. The Warframe universe really, really needs a Jean Luc Picard or a Harry Seldon. All this fighting will just end in loss for everyone. It's time for Peaceframe 😉. But seriously, this war doesn't need to happen at all. But I suppose "Peace Delegate" mode would probably be received as well as Lunaro… and played just as often. Which is to say, not at all, really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Askorti said:

It already exists in the lore. Kuva. The eidolon discovered that the unum's kuva has a regenerative effect, which is why Gara was dispatched to kill it. 

And where is the first place we've seen the Sentients attack in the new war? The Plains. 

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

NEW WAR  ChRiStMaS 2019 but we got FAILJACK and LICH your you free time.

Look at the roadmap they set in january. New war was ALWAYS set to be after railjack. 
honestly IDK why they put a date for new war anyway because we all knew it wouldnt hit that date but dont go spewing lies that it was supposed to be before railjack

5 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

Ignore Railjacks and Sentient war capabilities/strategy. We control the Void, which is literal poison to Sentients. We hold the Sentient Slayer. The only way the Tenno lose is if DE denies us the opportunity to kill Natah and all the Tenno boycott the war in protest.

Aren't the Amalgams being built by Allad V to house the Sentients immune, or at least not as affected by the Void?

1 minute ago, Rivyn said:

Aren't the Amalgams being built by Allad V to house the Sentients immune, or at least not as affected by the Void?

I appear to have forgotten about the amalgams.

For some reason my line of thinking was "Amalgams are for Alad V's army not Erra's" but Natah was literally the go-between for Alad and the Sentients.