Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shall we lose the New War?

VoidArkhangel

6 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Well, losing would certainly fall in line with the hero's journey structure and would allow for a soft reboot of sorts. But I think the intention is that the war is going to be ongoing for as long as the game continues. Such a dynamic setting would certainly invigorate the game. It would be good if your choices actually had consequences, and if you had to take a hard look at yourself and those choices. I don't think the Tenno are going to lose, but yes, perhaps we should. One of the reasons everyone likes The Empire Strikes Back is because the bad guys win. That's always a great trope to pull out against characters who are basically demigods. Perhaps the Duviri Paradox will basically be like the descent into hell, and that would certainly give them a lot of room to run with, lore-wise. 

This war needs to be a desperate, ugly thing that becomes near-apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic.

We’ve trivialized the experience with our power and our complacency and the Sentients need to hit every faction, the Tenno included, in a way where the fear of loss is real and the moment of realization that these are desperate times with only tragic outcomes to follow, no matter what choices the Tenno make.

We need to be reminded that we are still but foolish children playing at “god” and the Sentients have come to remind us of the way of things and put us in our place as people, places, and things fall.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

I reckon that there's a chance we might all unite; Corpus, Grineer and Tenno, probably Ostrons, Myconians and all the other syndicates too. essentially the entire origin System coming together to defeat a common enemy, and vanquish the Sentients once and for all. exactly how we would do that is unclear, but the Grineer would retaliate if attacked, the Corpus are learning about the Sentients thanks to Alad V, the Infested will just keep consuming everything impartially, the regular folk and syndicates would band together knowing what is at stake, and we would be expected to lead the charge.

all any of us really know is.. a LOT of people are going to die.

Would be interesting to have an impromptu coalition between the factions since the Sentients are the real threat. There would still be fighting between the different groups but once the Sentients hit a planet then they are the ones that you have to fight. If we are fated to lose for a time then there will be a huge comeback afterwards. 

6 hours ago, -STR-Lotus said:

how can we lose a war that doesn't exist?

Fortuna,Rail Jack,old blood ,many new Warframes they all came, but the new war didn't come, even though it was first announced.

Because you announce the big thing that's coming, then all the other stuff is in preparation for it. 

Mass Effect 1 predicted the reapers would show up eventually, and it took another entire game before they showed up in force in the third game. 

Edited by (XB1)Red Dough Boy

Frankly, if the new war turns into "lol reset!" I'll be done with warframe. The idea of having everything I've built up over the last several years taken out doesn't appeal in the slightest. 

That said, I don't see DE trying to pull that with us. More likely, there'll be a bunch of new things that require farming independent of all the stuff we've already farmed. 

hace 3 horas, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

I reckon that there's a chance we might all unite; Corpus, Grineer and Tenno, probably Ostrons, Myconians and all the other syndicates too. essentially the entire origin System coming together to defeat a common enemy, and vanquish the Sentients once and for all. exactly how we would do that is unclear, but the Grineer would retaliate if attacked, the Corpus are learning about the Sentients thanks to Alad V, the Infested will just keep consuming everything impartially, the regular folk and syndicates would band together knowing what is at stake, and we would be expected to lead the charge.

all any of us really know is.. a LOT of people are going to die.

As said here, the union of all the factions on the solar system is something near to impossible, rihgt now they are involved on their little war and everyone wants more power so even if we win the war they will want a part of the sentient remains leading to more amalgams that will end in the eventual ressurrection of the sentients BUT what if some faction joins the sentient army? on the seeking of power some could do anything to get it, maybe some faction joins the invasor or maybe they join the sentients against their will as happened to the corpus.

Yea i believe we shouls lose this war cause we're in no way prepared for it..there also isnt any faction that prepared for it either and atm most of the factions have alied with the sentients to survive..the only faction left is the grinneer, but after killing the young queen's sister there's no way she'd agree to ally with us..

• 2 weeks later...

As long we get option to kill Lotus,i dont mind if war will be lost or won.

A hunter must Hunt

Tenno must hunt and kill enemies of balance.

Lost war ,won war either way it will bring balance

We should get beaten. The sentients have been evolving and accumulating power for millennia. Not to mention, the sentients have been trying to develop resistance to the void and strategies against the Tenno. During the old war, we send the packing, but barely and thanks to the betrayal of the lotus. Back then, we had an entire empire backing us, with a well oiled military machine, a fleet, supply lines, not to mention Dax and Grineer auxiliaries.  

Right now, we're but a former shadow of ourselves, with part of our true potential locked, without leadership or direction and with a greatly diminished capacity when it comes to numbers and firepower. We're scattered, divided and without notable allies. By all accounts, we're far worse than we were in the old war and the sentients are far better.

We should lose, but barely, of course. We should lose only to unite the entire system against the sentient threat and then counterattack.

• Like 1

En 27/12/2019 a las 13:01, ozcg888 dijo:

Just found this video and made me think about that, just imagine if we lose the new war and we have to ''rediscover'' everything again.. this will help to the story because we will have to learn about everything in the solar system (corpus, grineer, infested, orokin and sentient story, secrets, vantages and disadvantages) to bring maybe another war to the sentients where we could win because right now we do not know almost anything from the factions except for the grineer while Natah knows almost everything from each faction due to all the data we recovered (spy, mobile defense and intercept missions) and even she could get a lot of info while we slept, info about us too.

So we may have the power to defeat the sentients but they have the strategy and the vantage in knowledge, if you think that way maybe we need to lose this war to rediscover ourselves on the Duviri Paradox and with that our vantage.

Just be patient we will learn in 2029

• Like 1

Honestly the conflict could go either way. The Sentients clearly have been developing new technology but the bulk of their forces seems to be remnants from the Old War. The Mother was likely the ship they arrived in the system, hidden away until the time was right. So while they have been advancing it hasn't really been much in the grand scheme of things.

On the other hand much of our warframes, weapons, and equipment have been scavenged or rebuilt. However there are 2 things we have that might urn the tide. The first is Umbra, thinking about it he is the biggest danger to the Sentients given that he was specifically built to fight them (Umbral mods) and thus our other warframes can use the same technology to get the upper-hand, this is likely the reason he was specifically targeted by Ballas and the Sentients. The second advantage we have are the Tenno themselves, in the Old War the Tenno used the warframes to fight the battle but now they have entered the fight themselves and can unleash pure void energy onto them. 

On 2019-12-27 at 5:47 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This war needs to be a desperate, ugly thing that becomes near-apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic.

We’ve trivialized the experience with our power and our complacency and the Sentients need to hit every faction, the Tenno included, in a way where the fear of loss is real and the moment of realization that these are desperate times with only tragic outcomes to follow, no matter what choices the Tenno make.

We need to be reminded that we are still but foolish children playing at “god” and the Sentients have come to remind us of the way of things and put us in our place as people, places, and things fall.

This. We need to get our asses kicked.

3 hours ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

That would likely be a VERY bad idea. 

but I would absolutely like to 'ascend' and be ridden of all the lies and deception that the other faction injected into our mind. Let's face it: the creatures that were once called Tenno, have *nothing* to do with what they currently are, as they now are Wally's brethren.
I know we may accidentally obliterate the galaxy and/or subjugate it under hordes of unfathomable creatures from The Void, but evolution may require some small sacrifice.

On 2019-12-27 at 11:47 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

it's not like I ignore the standard "hero's journey' but, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that in Warframe we are already so overpowered that only a plot device can give us some handicap serious enough to reduce the probability to overcome any problem; and let's underline that in the current timeline, we are not even at peak power (we just barely 'woke up') and we kicked both Orokin AND Sentients a$$et$ before taking some millennia nap.

Sentients can only teach us how to lose wars, unless -and I stress it- some heavy plot device is involved. Realistically speaking, a war against us is is completely hopeless, we are too powerful.

7 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

it's not like I ignore the standard "hero's journey' but, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that in Warframe we are already so overpowered that only a plot device can give us some handicap serious enough to reduce the probability to overcome any problem; and let's underline that in the current timeline, we are not even at peak power (we just barely 'woke up') and we kicked both Orokin AND Sentients a$$et$ before taking some millennia nap.

Sentients can only teach us how to lose wars, unless -and I stress it- some heavy plot device is involved. Realistically speaking, a war against us is is completely hopeless, we are too powerful.

This ^^

We are pretty much like batman but with actual powers, only a plot weapon can take us down and a lost war means death to the Tenno. I don't see how DE could even introduce some sort of exile/running away from sentients and good freaking luck harmonizing that with the normal gameplay where we visit all the planets like always and go to Cetus/Fortuna buying groceries as nothing happened.

No, it is more likely the war will not finish or end up in a stale mate or even a cliffhanger for Planes of Duviri. Even the whole system coming together seem like a pretty far fetched idea as we are used to factions hating each other, it would look like a bad Star Wars movie with a plot barely holding only to lead to an hasty and poorly thought finale. I think Ballas could play a major role in the new war as he finally came to actually hate the sentients. This time we don't have an empire as our backup but we also don't have an empire holding us back. Wally could still chime in and allow us a one time only full devil trigger to wipe the floor with everything that comes our way in a new cinematic only to give us the new "rage mode" we were shown some time ago. there are many possibilities but a lost war seems very unlikely to me.

PS: It's been years since we got stuck with holographic Lotus, how long till DE would actually code a quest where we get our payback? It would pretty much mean spending the next 4/5 years in a "defeated" state. Yeah...don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

37 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

I’ve thrown out there that I think that “Mother” is going to be a bit like the Sentient Death Star with a bit of Unicron thrown in.

If played right, the war will likely be about holding off the Sentient forces long enough to cut the head off the snake.

Hunhow might defect to save his daughter.

Everyone will want the Unum; the key to the war.

And we will find out which “family” Natah chooses and if she is being influenced or controlled.

I often wondered if the Sentients would have an “Orokin Debuff MaGuffin” that penalized primes and TENNO FRAMES would suddenly become the better choice.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

11 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

This ^^

We are pretty much like batman but with actual powers, only a plot weapon can take us down and a lost war means death to the Tenno. I don't see how DE could even introduce some sort of exile/running away from sentients and good freaking luck harmonizing that with the normal gameplay where we visit all the planets like always and go to Cetus/Fortuna buying groceries as nothing happened.

No, it is more likely the war will not finish or end up in a stale mate or even a cliffhanger for Planes of Duviri. Even the whole system coming together seem like a pretty far fetched idea as we are used to factions hating each other, it would look like a bad Star Wars movie with a plot barely holding only to lead to an hasty and poorly thought finale. I think Ballas could play a major role in the new war as he finally came to actually hate the sentients. This time we don't have an empire as our backup but we also don't have an empire holding us back. Wally could still chime in and allow us a one time only full devil trigger to wipe the floor with everything that comes our way in a new cinematic only to give us the new "rage mode" we were shown some time ago. there are many possibilities but a lost war seems very unlikely to me.

PS: It's been years since we got stuck with holographic Lotus, how long till DE would actually code a quest where we get our payback? It would pretty much mean spending the next 4/5 years in a "defeated" state. Yeah...don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Why does it have to be death? It could be a new kind of game plot where players take on the role of Origin's 2nd most powerful faction. Doesn't that sound exciting? Players will be able to choose to follow orders from Sentient overlords or be killed for disobeying (much in the same fashion with Liches).

I can just see the new trailer! We start with a scene in a cryogenic freezer where Tennos are imprisoned. Some Tennos are taken out of a freezer, then a scarier-looking Lotus orders us to kill innocent Corpus civilians living on Eris to make space for the new Amalgam life forms. Then we see one Tenno refuse... Yeah, it's not a pretty sight. We see that Tenno's head rolling on the ground shortly after. Then the other Tennos go to the village and we hear women and children screaming and crying for their lives. Fires break out! Maybe some infested arrive too! Then, "We have what we need. Mission Accomplished. Head to extraction." from the scarier Lotus. And then, we are put back into the Cryogenic freezer by an enslaved Ordis. Then we see the logo:

Warframe

*logo splash followed by below text*

Submissive and subjugated Ninjas with restrained and limited powers play free! Others die!