Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Electric Shield Have Unlimit Multiple On Damage Buff Is A Bug!

cary2010haha

Totally out class other damage buff power like Sonar, Bullet Attractor, Molecular Prime, Roar.....

and Electric Shield have defense ability that most damage buff power don't.

Volt Electric Shield should have a limit on multiple times,  3 shield limit already too powerful ( 3 shield damage buff is <total damage>*(1+3)+total damage*0.5(shock damage)*3 )

look volt how to kill a lvl 90 jackal in less than one second now.   This is totally bug.

Second bug, it add unlimited range to all range weapon that pass through the shield, i think its because the shield change the damage type and the bullet, and rewrote the property of the bullet. but this just a little bug

Edited by Cary2010haha

Deal with it.

Volt's so bad he needs some love.

I'm afraid this is totally not bug.

No. because it broke the balance of damage buff, if Sonar,Bullet Attractor, Molecular Prime, Roar all of them can Unlimit Multiple use like Electric Shield, will you "Deal with it."?

Edited by Cary2010haha

Dude, he just used 7 of those shields, even with max Streamline that's 245 energy on a 150 energy base frame. And then it only lasts for the duration of the shield and only works in a certain firing arc. Not to mention that in the time it took him to put up the shields, he probably could have cleared a room of ordinary goons.

So, situationally useful and extremely costly. It seems pretty balanced to me, move along folks.

As for the projectile conversion that gives weapons infinite range, at this point everyone knows but everyone loves it, it's more a feature than a bug.

No. because it broke the balance of damage buff, if Sonar,Bullet Attractor, Molecular Prime, Roar all of them can Unlimit Multiple use like Electric Shield, will you "Deal with it."?

No, but that's because Banshee is good, Mag is good, Nova is good, and Rhino is good.

Volt is not.

Get over it.

He needs this.

Dude, he just used 7 of those shields, even with max Streamline that's 245 energy on a 150 energy base frame. And then it only lasts for the duration of the shield and only works in a certain firing arc. Not to mention that in the time it took him to put up the shields, he probably could have cleared a room of ordinary goons.

So, situationally useful and extremely costly. It seems pretty balanced to me, move along folks.

As for the projectile conversion that gives weapons infinite range, at this point everyone knows but everyone loves it, it's more a feature than a bug.

if sonar can Multiple 7 times, so we can have 3500% damage damage buff, can that be fine?

Edited by Cary2010haha

No, but that's because Banshee is good, Mag is good, Nova is good, and Rhino is good.

Volt is not.

Get over it.

He needs this.

so Banshee, she only gd because sonar,  should sonar Unlimit Multiple use like Electric Shield?

Multiple 7 times of sonar and have  3500% damage damage buff?

What i say is not remove all Multiple effect on Electric Shield, but set limit, 3 times is already very powerful

Edited by Cary2010haha

-Shots fired through the shield will deal 50% additional damage as Electrical damage.

-Placing second shield in line won't give you another +50% damage, in fact second shield will block your bullet.

Ripped that from the wiki. I didn't see anything related to this in the patch notes, so it's either a bug, or a stealth buff. Either way... i don't think anyone really cares. Bosses really aren't that important at the moment, and even if this stays in, it really cant ruin anything else. It also costs a multiple of 75 energy, and a Synapse to recreate that video.

And as people already stated: it's Volt. He's as strong as a depleted alkaline battery. It's hard to complain when the Volt population is somewhere in the one digit percents.

if sonar can Multiple 7 times, so we can have 3500% damage damage buff, can that be fine?

Those are all passive buffs with no drawbacks and in most cases longer durations. You wouldn't need to remain static to get the buff of 7 Roars, or M-Primes. The enemy ducking around a corner wouldn't waste your 7 Sonars. These are entirely different things and I think you're missing the point. Even in every player knew about this, it's so situational and hard to pull off that it's nearly pointless. This isn't a strategy that would actually work outside of controlled circumstances like a predictable boss fight in an arena setting with no cover.

Also, M-Prime is a 100% damage buff, Sonar is 5x-6.5x damage buff and Rhino is a 50% damage buff all of which increase your AP and AI damage, which shield doesn't. That makes them better by default.

As far as I can tell, stacking the multiple shields does nothing. It's to do with the use of Synapse and Volts shield. 

Direct from the wiki page for synapse. 

You can bring it to 100% crit chance easilly, so through volt's shield it'll do 400% damage with every shot.

That's 500 DPS as electrical before any mods are applied. (Ignoring the +50% damage as electrical that the shield adds)

Serrartion and multi shot on a rank 30 Synapse and that damage is going to be easilly quadrupled again. Then you can factor in the other elemental damage mods and to top it all off, unless im mistaken the Jackal takes increased electrical damage as a corpus unit.

Long story short, you have the wrong culprit, it's not shield stacking but the synapse/Volt shield combo that makes this doable.

*Edit* I completely forgot about adding Vital Sense. 120% more crit damage anyone?

Edited by Antjenks

-Shots fired through the shield will deal 50% additional damage as Electrical damage.

-Placing second shield in line won't give you another +50% damage, in fact second shield will block your bullet.

Ripped that from the wiki. I didn't see anything related to this in the patch notes, so it's either a bug, or a stealth buff. Either way... i don't think anyone really cares. Bosses really aren't that important at the moment, and even if this stays in, it really cant ruin anything else. It also costs a multiple of 75 energy, and a Synapse to recreate that video.

And as people already stated: it's Volt. He's as strong as a depleted alkaline battery. It's hard to complain when the Volt population is somewhere in the one digit percents.

Wiki is right, second should block your bullet.

But  Puncture MOD breaks the mechanic of Electric Shield,

is it really cant ruin anything ?

as i say "if sonar can Multiple 7 times, so we can have 3500% damage damage buff, can that be fine?"

PS: Electric Shield only cost 50 energy

As far as I can tell, stacking the multiple shields does nothing. It's to do with the use of Synapse and Volts shield. 

Direct from the wiki page for synapse. 

You can bring it to 100% crit chance easilly, so through volt's shield it'll do 400% damage with every shot.

That's 500 DPS as electrical before any mods are applied. (Ignoring the +50% damage as electrical that the shield adds)

Serrartion and multi shot on a rank 30 Synapse and that damage is going to be easilly quadrupled again. Then you can factor in the other elemental damage mods and to top it all off, unless im mistaken the Jackal takes increased electrical damage as a corpus unit.

Long story short, you have the wrong culprit, it's not shield stacking but the synapse/Volt shield combo that makes this doable.

*Edit* I completely forgot about adding Vital Sense. 120% more crit damage anyone?

try use Multiple shield with Puncture MOD, it's a old exploit that DE knew, once fixed but it return again(8.3)

Wiki sometimes didn't write everything out

PS: it's a lvl 90 jackal, if you only use one shield with Synapse, you still can't kill a lvl 14 jackal in that speed.

Edited by Cary2010haha

The bonus +50% damage isn't really what's game breaking though, even if you stack an extra six shields, that's a bonus 300% base damage, But just having the crit mods with volts shield on synapse makes it do 2420 DPS before any +damage mods (Serration, Split Chamber, any of the elemental damage mods). With a rank 5 serration and maxed Split chamber (neither are too difficult to get) You get 8736 DPS +50% from a single volt shield makes that just over 13k DPS.

Here's a video showthing the same thing, but with a single shield 

The bonus +50% damage isn't really what's game breaking though, even if you stack an extra six shields, that's a bonus 300% base damage, But just having the crit mods with volts shield on synapse makes it do 2420 DPS before any +damage mods (Serration, Split Chamber, any of the elemental damage mods). With a rank 5 serration and maxed Split chamber (neither are too difficult to get) You get 8736 DPS +50% from a single volt shield makes that just over 13k DPS.

Here's a video showthing the same thing, but with a single shield 

LVL 15 VS LVL 90

do you know the different?

Fair point Cary, but don't you think the extra +300% base damage is less of an issue than the 1936% Crit damage of synapse + volt shield? xD

nonono, you don;t know volt shield how to work

actually it block the bullet you shoot, and create a new "after shield bullet"

but a Puncture MOD make all bullet hit and create by volt shield can't be block by "volt shield"

that means every shield Multiple used creating a new "after shield bullet"

7 shield = 7bullet *1936% Crit damage of synapse + volt shield

the Multiple not only 350%shock damage+1936%, it's 1936% * 7=13552% damage buff

now you see why i said it's bug

Edited by Cary2010haha