Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that the novelty of kuva liches is gone, I don't think killing kuva liches of other people is worth my time.

MiMiren

25 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It never was.

Most people just grouped up with others to make farming murmurs a bit less tedious. 4 people doing mercy kills is faster than 1.

There's also no point in actually mercy killing your lich until you have all 3 requiems revealed.

Yes there is, you get a pretty sizeable chunk of murmurs for a failed attempt, plus you get to test a combination and figure out part of the equation. Heck sometimes you even get lucky and save yourself some murmur farming because you correctly guessed two or three of the right things out of sheer luck. But yeah, defeating another player's lich should give you murmurs on your own lich, which would in turn make coop play and fighting them worthwhile as a coop effort.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Yes there is, you get a pretty sizeable chunk of murmurs for a failed attempt, plus you get to test a combination and figure out part of the equation. Heck sometimes you even get lucky and save yourself some murmur farming because you correctly guessed two or three of the right things out of sheer luck. But yeah, defeating another player's lich should give you murmurs on your own lich, which would in turn make coop play and fighting them worthwhile as a coop effort.

Those murmurs aren't worth it, though. It's more efficient to just down him three times to make him run away.

Then when you actually have all three murmurs revealed, THEN you test the combinations, because you know exactly which three are needed, and only need the order.

My last lich died at rank 3 because of this. YMMV though, since you can't always guess right, but you have a 1 in 6 chance of success, instead of a 1 in 336 chance. (not a random number, that's the total number of permutations of 8 requiem mods, where we only choose 3, and the order matters)

Edited by DrakeWurrum

27 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It never was.

Most people just grouped up with others to make farming murmurs a bit less tedious. 4 people doing mercy kills is faster than 1.

There's also no point in actually mercy killing your lich until you have all 3 requiems revealed.

4 people doing the mission + killing thralls,was minimally faster.

However, if we also added the bonus murmur for killing other people's liches, it would result in fastest murmur gains. Now, though, killing other people's liches actually slows down the speed at which we gain murmur.

As for the kill or not kill the lich, that depends on speed of killing liches. So it's case by case thing. In pub, with 4 people killing liches used to be fast. Nowadays, i don't know.

sure, there's not so much reason to play with others, but extra players still can speed up the murmur gathering

9 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Those murmurs aren't worth it, though. It's more efficient to just down him three times to make him run away.

Then when you actually have all three murmurs revealed, THEN you test the combinations, because you know exactly which three are needed, and only need the order.

My last lich died at rank 3 because of this. YMMV though, since you can't always guess right, but you have a 1 in 6 chance of success, instead of a 1 in 336 chance. (not a random number, that's the total number of permutations of 8 requiem mods, where we only choose 3, and the order matters)

on my point of view, its better to attempt against liches, specially if you know at least one of the mods, since at worst case, you will need to fail 3 times to know the positioning of your mods and still gather 30 murmur from those failed attempts without wasting your time by making it angry (which needs more than 2 missions to guarantee its spawn)

why can only fail 3 times?
- 3 known mods for 1st spot: failing 2 of those equals knowing the 3rd is the right one

- 2 known mods for 2nd spot: to find the right one, you can miss only once

- last spot: only one known mod, so... its an hit unless you didn't paid attention

knowing less than 3 mods means that you still can test its positioning by putting them at 1st and 2nd slot, even if you don't have the 3rd mod... on that, you can just make it vanish after trying those attempts

only if the player messed up something for their lich go beyond lv 4

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

wait are you trying to tell us that 3hours of soloing lich is better than 1 hour in group with everyone dying to their lich?

the only real reason  to not level up your lich is when you cant handle a lvl 5 lich

Edited by SnowRyder

43 minutes ago, SnowRyder said:

wait are you trying to tell us that 3hours of soloing lich is better than 1 hour in group with everyone dying to their lich?

The lich doesn't give THAT huge a chunk of murmurs.

Might be worth it if a failed lich kill meant a guaranteed full requiem reveal.

43 minutes ago, SnowRyder said:

the only real reason  to not level up your lich is when you cant handle a lvl 5 lich

There's literally no benefit to leveling him up, though. The level 5 lich content is easy. There's just no point to it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Can confirm, I made one by mistake (long story involving a Helios Prime and a needing to hack a Console to open a lockdown) and I did that at least until I found two of the Requiems. Only took me 2 attempts after I figured out the order and mine went down at Rank 4.

The system is a total wash and I don't think it ever was designed to be fun, it was designed to be an irritating grind as far as I'm concerned and I feel dirty for making a Lich even by mistake.

10 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

when you actually have all three murmurs revealed, THEN you test the combinations

The problem with that is that if the Lich levels up, its Rage Meter will drop to zero, meaning it is less likely to spawn into your missions.

Two out of three times, the Requiem Mod you have in the first position will be wrong, and the Lich kill you and will level up. Then you have to kill more of its Thralls to get its Rage up and make it more likely to spawn again.

If you try each Requiem as soon as it is revealed in the first available slot, the Thralls you kill to reveal the next Requiem will also bring its rage back up, so the Lich is very likely to spawn when you know the next Mod to test. This way there's less chance of running missions without the Lich spawning when you want it to.

10 hours ago, Zeyez said:

only if the player messed up something for their lich go beyond lv 4

If the Lich starts on Uranus there are only four Nodes on that planet it can occupy (the other Nodes are "special" because of the sharkwing sections), so it might be possible for the player to complete those nodes and not quite reveal the first Requiem.

If all the Lich's Nodes are removed from the Star Chart, the Lich will gain territory on two new planets... and (for some non-obvious reason) it will level up! So the Lich can level up without the player having tried a single Requiem. 

That happened to me early on, but I think the number of Murmurs needed to reveal the first Requiem has been reduced since then, so idk if it's still possible.