Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, can you please make the loots drop on Empyrean automatic go into inventory

vitreloy

Space mission is different from land mission, not only the map is huge, the background also make it very hard to see the loot, especially on Saturn. Loot detection basically useless due to it short range. After each mission, I had to waste a lot of time flying around just to find and pick them up which is not fun at all, I even think of skipping Empyrean at one time due to that. In fact it is the reason why most of my archwing mod is from transmutation.

How many loot can you see in this picture?

atUue4Mqq-mCf_SyRs0-9878_jVa7fZn1YpfNdxa

• Like 6

I forgot what triggered it but sometimes a loot can enter lightspeed and fly away as it drops and you won't even notice.

Somewhere out there someone probably lost their void hole without even knowing some yellow-glowy object even dropped because it went all "dejà-vu"

Now, I'm not usually one to argue for universal vacuum. It's a convenience, perhaps, but an unnecessary one. I don't honestly notice all that much when mine goes down due simply to the fact that I'm almost certainly going to cover that ground anyway.

But for Railjack? Railjack is different. For one, there's the addition of a third dimension. Loot can scatter not just horizontally, but vertically, and that makes collecting it mid-fight considerably less likely. Then the scale takes that problem, and magnifies that - even with the innate 500 metre diameter of 'collection zone', it's still very unlikely that I'm going to pass over the spot of the enemy I've just killed naturally. Such is the nature of space flight.

The only reason why not for Railjack is to encourage close-quarters encounters or to disincentivise just jumping out with Archwing and never engaging with the 'Jack. You CAN do it, but you won't get as much loot, a natural way to encourage people to not abandon the jack. But even with that in mind, the range of the innate vacuum still needs to be larger. If anything, the additional problems make it so having a huge Railjack vacuum would HELP with that, because those problems apply to Archwing. At least 500 metres of vacuum would be better, probably a bit more.

8 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You are basically asking for univac in space, DE hates univac.

If DE hates univac in space so much, at least give me a 99999.0 km range loot detection. Since zenith can have 99999.0 m Punch Through, I don't see why Archwing and Railjack can't have 99999.0 km of loot detection in space. Actually it is not  the common drop resources I'm concern about, it is the rare mod and bp drop force me to spend more time than completing the mission to pick them up which I hate so much. DE hates univac I understand, but do DE understand players hates missing rare loot drop that has 2% or less drop rate?

Edited by vitreloy
  • Like 2

Yeah, needs to go into your inventory via the little popup on screen or something along those lines. I've watched items get sprited away from explosions or God knows what and just peace out when darting away from me. I also can't for the life of me understand why they insisted on purple and blue lights in the the background map that are easily confused for pickups..

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Then they can give us a loot avionic since its so important the function remains a mod, a big aoe pulse to locate loot, or better yet an aoe pulse that pulls in loot. 

DE has a hard-on for players wasting time picking up items. I suspect it's Scott, because he likes to rationalize things like this, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, they keep sneaking it in, like the reactant (fixed since), sentient cores, ayatan stars and other little stuff.

It's basically developer ego at play, it happens in all games and it's as annoying as its ever been.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smilomaniac said:

DE has a hard-on for players wasting time picking up items. I suspect it's Scott, because he likes to rationalize things like this, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, they keep sneaking it in, like the reactant (fixed since), sentient cores, ayatan stars and other little stuff.

It's basically developer ego at play, it happens in all games and it's as annoying as its ever been.

He holds constant grudges against players for not playing the game the way he wants them to.

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Can I get a link to where he has tried to rationalize direct looting like this? There are so few times DE actually addresses how looting works in this game, especially since the vacuum debate blew up. 

16 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

too bad. Univac is one of those rare times where the community knows better than DE. Univac in space is only a benefit to the player, especially since we still have to deal with the silly 30 part capacity before everything gets auto-salvaged (another bad design decision IMO). if players can collect more loot, they'll play Railjack More, which is only a benefit to DE.

even if it isn't true Univac, at the very least we should get an Avionic that gives a Vacuum effect. that way those who care can have it and those who don't can just not use it and keep their usual Avionics.

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Can I get a link to where he has tried to rationalize direct looting like this? There are so few times DE actually addresses how looting works in this game, especially since the vacuum debate blew up. 

Sorry, no. That's why I wrote 'I suspect'. You just get a sense for who thinks what, after watching years of live-streams.
I've heard some blame Steve, but I think he runs interference and doesn't mind being the bad guy. I think Scott really does.

Looting in railjack was bugged crazily before i went for xmas (havent played for 10 days maybe something changed). There were few things that made archwing looting hell:

- loot has spawn time. That time can go up to even few seconds after destruction of an enemy. Crewships for example. 

- most enemies have a destruction animation which takes them further from you very fast. Fighters doing the screw. 

- loot sometimes glitches and is affected by explosions and gravity. Yes loot in space falling down is a thing (and it gains speed, all hail physics) and you might not be able to capture it while trying to chase it. 

- Looting radious glitches. I dont know why and how to trigger it (think it has something to do with your pet), but basically you can have zero loot radious at some point. Literally loot in your face is not sucked in. 

I wont even start about visibility of it. All of it makes the experience unfun. 

I would ask for a toggle like button, that when on, shows on the map and radar all loot so i can go pick it manually if they hate huge vacuum/loot picked on destruction. 

• Like 1