Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework every tilset to accommodate Arch wing and K-drive

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

I think this really needs to be a goal. Also the whole "back flip equip arch wing thing" needs to go away. To make it flow better it needs to be bullet jump, keeping your forward momentum, hold jump to equip arch wing, or bullet jump double tap jump for k drive. Take it out of the gear wheel all together. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

On 2019-12-27 at 3:00 PM, peterc3 said:

Turn every tile set into straight lines with little to nothing to hit with an archwing or k-drive. That seems like a great use of resources.

Sure, tilsets are already relatively straight lines, just mak'em bigger. "With little nothing to hit? Why yes, that's the idea. Can start with all those obnoxious edges and ledges and invisible ceilings. 

On 2019-12-27 at 3:25 PM, Gabbynaru said:

Why? You don't see Luke Skywalker flying an X-Wing inside a Star Destroyer, do you? So why would we fly an archwing inside a Galleon?

Are you really comparing x-wings and arch-wings? Lol. That isn't even close to an accurate comparison. It's just comical. 

You do know that Grineer , Corpus and infested can already fly in every tilset right? Why not Warframes too. 

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Sure, tilsets are already relatively straight lines, just mak'em bigger. "With little little nothing to hit? Why yes, that's the idea. 

"relatively" is doing some industrial grade lifting here. Featureless long cubes are boring. Nothing to hit means nothing to look at.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Are you really comparing x-wings and arch wings?

Eh, I wanted to say Tie Fighters, cause those are more to Archwing scale, but I couldn't remember if Luke or Anakin ever flew one, so I just went with the safe bet.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

You do know that Grineer , Corpus and infested can already fly in every tilset right? Why no Warframes too.

Because Warframes are much bigger than Ospreys or Regulators on their own, and even bigger with the Archwings attached. The buildings and infrastructure are up to the proper scale necessary for their inhabitants to function adequately (heck, some tiles are actually ridiculously exaggerated in scale... and they're still too small for proper archwing functionality), making them bigger is completely unnecessary. This isn't Dark Souls, the infrastructure is not (going to be) built for giants.

Edited by Gabbynaru

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

"relatively" is doing some industrial grade lifting here. Featureless long cubes are boring. Nothing to hit means nothing to look at.

Now you're just being a sarcastic ass. 

51 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Turn every tile set into straight lines with little to nothing to hit with an archwing or k-drive.

How did you go from this ? 

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Featureless long cubes are boring. Nothing to hit means nothing to look at.

To this? 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Now you're just being a sarcastic ass. 

The topic isn't reasonable so I don't really feel like putting in much effort.

Kuva Fortress and Jupiter are relatively new and there's no way they get redone to accommodate anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The topic isn't reasonable so I don't really feel like putting in much effort.

The topic is reasonable. There are many easy tweeks to make arch wing and k drive an option in any and all tilesets. And It only affects those who would like that option. You still wanna run and bullet jump and stuff that's you. Me, I'd like an option to bullet jump, and while bullet jumping keep my forward momentum and equip Archwing in any tilset. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

But I wouldn't mind a couple of new mission types on new tilesets that accomodates Kdrive and Archwing.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rework the current tilsets to accommodate Arch wing and k drive? The new tilsets on Jupiter is a pretty good example and a decent jumping off point. 

31 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Kuva Fortress and Jupiter are relatively new and there's no way they get redone to accommodate anything.

The Jupiter rework already accommodates this idea, Kuva Fortress would be the easiest to tweek to accommodate Arch wing and k drive. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I think this really needs to be a goal. Also the whole "back flip equip arch wing thing" needs to go away. To make it flow better it needs to be bullet jump, hold jump to equip arch wing, or bullet jump double tap jump for k drive. Take it out of the gear wheel all together. 

do you ride your skateboard inside the house or drive your car through the groccery store

Why?

Why turn every single tile into long empty boxes with nothing to look at and nothing to see or hide behind or do anything with?
Because thats what they would have to do to accomodote those things.

All of the tiles with multiple levels and turns?  Those go away.
Any tile with any complexity to movement and direction?  Those go away.
The entire infested tileset and look?  That goes away too because it can't accomodate either archwing nor k-drive.

I would hate for every single tile in the game to turn into the horribly boring and overly empty and large tiles we see in archwing missions.

I much rather prefer the current tiles we have that we can go "Ok, yeah, I can see people working and moving through here."
With your idea in place all that would go away and we would essentially get one long straight hallway from entry to exit with nothing at all to the level design.

Nope.

I'd take K-drive in any mission as is, though it would push the need for
people to speed run to be even more absurd and restrictive to new players.

You know though OP.. if they did make different maps..
Like, big open ones, with lots of room to move and explo- Oh wait. They did.

16 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

With your idea in place all that would go away and we would essentially get one long straight hallway from entry to exit with nothing at all to the level design.

Oh for #*!% sake, why does it always have to be one extreme or the other... No, everything you just said is not what I'm suggesting. Not even remotely close.