Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a question about "New War", i "MUST" upgrade my railjack to play it?

Kaiser_Suoh

Unsure. You’ll almost certainly need to complete the new questlet to get there, so doing Railjack stuff is required. However, it’s unclear if you personally will need aN upgraded Railjack, or if you can just group up and do it. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

12 minutes ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

I want to know if i must "play" railjack mode for New War.

Is not sarcasm. My raijack is lv 0.

... You may want to "play" railjack... Otherwise, no "The New War" for you.

Is not sarcasm. Is hard cold truth.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

It depends on how it's used within the quest. It may take place on nodes within the Veil which would make sense given what is currently in there but if the quest ends up as a solo only quest line then you likely will need solo access to the nodes at least.

In which case the minimum requirement would be a lv7 intrinsic and if not a viable Railjack for the Veil at least a viable Archwing loadout for the area.

Or the entire combat portion could be simplified to make it more accessible to players, like having it in the veil but with earth level enemies. Or it'll have no Railjack combat at all and it's used just as a transportation method to the quest destinations. We really can't say for sure until it's here or DE confirms the minimum requirements.

I'd say probably. It looks like the high level stuff is moving in that direction since Intrinsics and your Railjack are entire new progression systems and maxing them is a big timesink that is unnecessary in the current content. You can complete every node before you ever even upgrade your ship or unlock most Intrinsics. 

You at least have to in order to get the prologue quest that is in the Veil.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

honestly? yes. I'm about 99% sure, I would even put money on it. you will NEED a railjack and unless you want uber-difficulty you will likely need either a good crew or high Command Intrinsic, and at least MK2 weapons. I don't think you'll need mk3 everything with a top-tier reactor, that would be unreasonable, but as a general rule of thumb: if your Railjack can't survive in the Veil, it likely won't survive the New War missions.

the enemies in the Veil (Sentients included are around 80-90, so you need semi-decent regular gear as well,or at least remember to bring your Paracesis.) all signs point towards this not being particularly newbie friendly territory.

my advice: start ranking up everything as soon as you can, the sooner you start, the stronger you'll be when the Sentients come.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They said that about liches eidolons eso and Arby's I'm gonna hold my breath on that 

True, but the Sacrifice was Operator-focused content and people who didn't upgrade said Operators had a bad time and were very vocal about it.

I muddled through it before I got anything for my operator past the mote amp. The fights weren't pleasant but they were doable. You can't even really fail the second time around, so.

Needing a railjack implies a solo quest involving flying a railjack. OP has a railjack, and as folks have said, they are definitely going to have to get into the Veil because there's a quest prereq in there. I don't think it would make sense to invest more time than it takes to get there upgrading the railjack right now on the chance it'll be necessary within the quest.

I would say it's less about the Railjack and more about your intrinsics. Leveling up your intrinsics will net you new assets, guns, engines, shields, mods and such for your own ship and make you a stronger team asset on other's ships, in the process. Not preparing for the New War is your choice, but not a wise choice.

2 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

They will definitely make railjack, railjack-based levels, intrinsics, and some node/event/etc be a requirement for progression and if we get a new war quest it won't encompass the whole of the new war regardless. 

I'm still waiting before I mess too much with it... Not worth it at this point, imo, given the number of annoying aspects still present in the mode currently.

They will be adding solo oriented intrinsics at some point and will, no doubt, iterate on the mode more soon.

If you mess with it now, it'll probably take you a few days to a week to get to the next progression point for quests.

If you mess with it later, it will probably take the same amount of time but with fewer pain points.

Railjacks themselves are clan based and I don't see them being a barrier to player story progression because of that.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

True, but the Sacrifice was Operator-focused content and people who didn't upgrade said Operators had a bad time and were very vocal about it.

But eventually it was nerfed. I've seen newer players do and Excell in "late game content" pretty regularly which isn't a bad thing at all! I love to see it! What I do hate is if you're going to "gear something for end and late game content" make me feel like me grinding years of warframe content worth it 

19 hours ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

you can join railjack missions without having your own raljack so yes, you will be able to do the new war (whatever it is) with no railjack

16 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

If you mess with it later, it will probably take the same amount of time but with fewer pain points.

This is a really good point - there are so very many bugs that will undoubtedly be fixed (among others that probably will get missed) and the economy seems to still be under review, which means rewards for missions might get better again. If it's something you're actively putting off, you're probably better off waiting. Jumping into the pool now, or a few weeks ago, is for folks who were actively interested in this content. 

Do clan research for the Sigma ship parts. I'm positive you'll be able to get through anything with the Mk3 sigma parts which are much cheaper than the drops.

But yeah, you'll probably need to play Railjack to do it and it's going to suck if you don't enjoy the game mode ;(