Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a question about "New War", i "MUST" upgrade my railjack to play it?

Kaiser_Suoh

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do a simple poll. I'm fairly certain that all of the most vociferous whiners are playing the heck out of the game mode. The same people who are whinging about the low drop rates and RNG, are exactly the ones that are grinding hard AF to try and get the best of the best. But that's not required by the game mode at all. 

And are they using their own railjacks, or are they using their pre-existing equipment to bypass the entire game mode (or just jumping in someone else's ship, not bothering to build their own)?

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

And are they using their own railjacks, or are they using their pre-existing equipment to bypass the entire game mode (or just jumping in someone else's ship, not bothering to build their own)?

Doesn't make an iota of difference if they use their own at the start. We as a community always try to find the most efficient route. And they'll invariably build their own ship with all the meta mkiii's because that's what they are grinding for. (You would have seen that in the bit that you quoted, if only you would have read it, instead of just responding to it blindly.) 

"What's the fastest way to level up a new frame? Find a friendly Equinox." Same thing, and you know it. 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Doesn't make an iota of difference if they use their own at the start. We as a community always try to find the most efficient route. And they'll invariably build their own ship with all the meta mkiii's because that's what they are grinding for. (You would have seen that in the bit that you quoted, if only you would have read it, instead of just responding to it blindly.)

And this is relevant to the original point (players will just park their ship far away when the quest arises and do it with archwing) how, exactly? You're the one who threw out the "oh, they're all grinding anyway" part - which, incidentally, was already proven false by the OP (who stated their railjack as level 0)... had you bothered to read it instead of responding blindly.

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

Guess what. People did it with mk0 railjacks as well. That doesn't mean the normal player will go. Oh yeah it takes me 10 minutes to kill one enemy with this and my ship is constantly exploding. I'm totally doing this right.

As from a clan of people that thought umbra is impossible with a mote amp please do get your "epic gamer" attitude out of this and try to use your brain for once.

First off, it sounds like your entire clan needs to "git good". I'm not an epic gamer, I'm an older player, with the older eyes and twich responses that go with not being as young as I once was. But the game was built with gamers like me in mind, and yes also considering the total newbs who refused to upgrade their amps.

That's why we couldn't fail the mainline quests as far as I'm aware. They were set up in such a way as to allow us to keep at it until we succeeded. I'm not ashamed to say that I sat up in the tree taking potshots at Umbra for way too long before I figured out that, for me, I needed to just rush him and time it right. 

When I started with the railjack I rapidly realised that that I could take over the crewship, and use its guns. It's forward mounted homing-missiles rock. I can't tell you how many times I used that trick to get around the pathetic guns on the railjack. And that was before I sorted out the controls for universal blink, or had access to the slingshot.  

Now it's actually a pain in the butt, because some genius always decides to blow up the ship I've commandeered and am using to wipe out the fighters. 

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

And this is relevant to the original point (players will just park their ship far away when the quest arises and do it with archwing) how, exactly? You're the one who threw out the "oh, they're all grinding anyway" part - which, incidentally, was already proven false by the OP (who stated their railjack as level 0)... had you bothered to read it instead of responding blindly.

It's relevant to the ridiculous notion that was thrown out that they wouldn't do the grind at all. 

If you ever bothered to read the things that you are responding to, you would see that I and others have repeatedly explained that since it's built-in to the game that we can even bypass the building of a Railjack at all to progress in the quests, so this whole hew and cry about being forced to do anything, is patently ridiculous. The answer is currently, and likely to remain "no you don't have to upgrade it, but it's probably a good idea to do so". 

Again, please try to read, because you are embarrassing yourself. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

First off, it sounds like your entire clan needs to "git good". I'm not an epic gamer, I'm an older player, with the older eyes and twich responses that go with not being as young as I once was. But the game was built with gamers like me in mind, and yes also considering the total newbs who refused to upgrade their amps.

That's why we couldn't fail the mainline quests as far as I'm aware. They were set up in such a way as to allow us to keep at it until we succeeded. I'm not ashamed to say that I sat up in the tree taking potshots at Umbra for way too long before I figured out that, for me, I needed to just rush him and time it right. 

When I started with the railjack I rapidly realised that that I could take over the crewship, and use its guns. It's forward mounted homing-missiles rock. I can't tell you how many times I used that trick to get around the pathetic guns on the railjack. And that was before I sorted out the controls for universal blink, or had access to the slingshot.  

Now it's actually a pain in the butt, because some genius always decides to blow up the ship I've commandeered and am using to wipe out the fighters. 

It's relevant to the ridiculous notion that was thrown out that they wouldn't do the grind at all. 

If you ever bothered to read the things that you are responding to, you would see that I and others have repeatedly explained that since it's built-in to the game that we can even bypass the building of a Railjack at all to progress in the quests, so this whole hew and cry about being forced to do anything, is patently ridiculous. The answer is currently, and likely to remain "no you don't have to upgrade it, but it's probably a good idea to do so". 

Again, please try to read, because you are embarrassing yourself. 

As an "older player myself" they game isn't built with us in mind lmao. And you forget DE has a habit of dropping content and just leaving it or not making players feel the need to seek upgrades because the content is so separated. (If I'm not hunting tricaps or in Lua enough farming sentients why do I need to upgrade my Amp?) (Up until now why did I need to play archwing a game mode slightly more active than conclave that has received very little updates and fixes to entice players over the years.) oh wow your calling someone a newb because the devs have released content that they segment into specific parts of the game and if someone isn't interested in said content they don't do it? Oh 10/10 iq there.  Not everyone has an Amp yes and I know that a since a plethroa of people don't have proper archwing setups and don't want to run orb or the other missions to get some decent mods. Because DE has given them no reason to and they don't enjoy the content makes them newbs. 

OH great you figured out how to cheese rj. (No sarcasm)  but ey if your ship gets blown up maybe get better newb? I mean that's the same mentality that you have for everyone else right? 

The thing is yes you can bypass the quest. But by design what are you supposed to do? Craft your own rj and do the quest. I'm pretty sure the next story missions will include them and more then Likely have a few solo missions intact so while this released early I'm more then positive that there will be requiments to pilot your rj and complete a story quest on your own. (How would someone bypass that?)

32 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

And guess what? There are still players that don't know how to do stuff like that. I went the other day to earth coz I missed one node there with my mk3 ship and players there were shooting crewships with my guns thinking they can kill them that way.

Yes my clan has a lot of more casual players and that's the sole reason I can relate to people that actually are put off by playing railjack right now.

Yesterday one of the members asked where to farm quellor and pennat and we said it's in railjack he responded that he didn't play railjack past first three missions coz it took long to kill stuff and ship was always blowing and he didn't have archwing gear that people on youtube show you need to use to make earlier missions playable to get better gear and is still working on obtaining that and thought only way to farm those was to either ask someone to help him or get back to grind. Which is absurd.

If a player that is in a clan that has sigma research done, half a month in afraid to play the new game mode with their own railjack in the starting zone you are supposed to be in, just coz they feel they need to either dish out money or farm something else to make it playable or ask others with better ships there is a fundamental problem here.

So yes do please tell me how I'm embarrassing myself by knowing how other people feel about it that are just playing the game for fun and are not us pack-mules of resources, CBT, MR 28, who can sleepwalk through every single content DE gives us with zero difficulty involved.

And I'm saying that  as player who thinks warframe is one of the easiest, most casual, zero skill required games that exist out there.

Checked his stats. He's been playing since last year. Not saying that time played is a major factor but I do see all the high Mrs from last year being the true "elitist vets" who sat in hydron and hellene "becaus  meh Mr means I'm good"

On 2019-12-30 at 4:20 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

By now, it's become apparent that the best thing to do is to use Clan Mark 3's until you can do Veil missions, then slowly replace Clan gear with House gear upgrades, same tier but better stats.

A thing we could have done with knowing right from the start, sadly.

Thanks for the tip, started researching these now.

It is sad that the best course involves more 3 day research projects...such fun, so engaging... :(

33 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Honestly I can't take anyone seriously who says help them git good without any trace of sarcasm.

You really need to get that sarcasm meter checked. You've already demonstrated that your entire clan, present company included I presume, has difficulty with anything outside of Hydron and Helene. 

36 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

At least the pilot probably had fun without someone yelling at them not to waste flux to fire off fireworks at enemies

You're on your own here. I've never heard of anyone doing that in any of the runs I've gone on. 

If you find this happening to you a lot, you should probably consider why it's happening to you a lot. 

39 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

There is nothing to master. Do you have amesha? Can you press 1 button? Congratulations you can beat every single railjack mission even with a S#&$ty weapon. And guess what Imperator Vandal is one of the weapons that actually survived the railjack rework purge and still was good to use those in missions. You had gear that will specifically make those missions a joke and you are bragging how skillful and good you were for doing that.

I mentioned that I had an unranked Amesha, which means that I didn't have access to the abilities at the start. It's still in the teens. That means that my abilities don't work as well as a fully levelled piece of gear. Maybe you forgot how the game works WRT unranked gear? Or maybe you just aren't anywhere near as great at this game as you thought you were? Or perhaps some casual players just suck a little bit less than you think? Your choice. 

44 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

MR means S#&$ to me. If you use that as a excuse to talk to people to git gud we already know where you are coming from and what your priorities are.

44 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Yea I figured that pretty much from his responses that he is one of those people that think MR actually has any meaning in the game and that he is such a epic gamer for being so pro at a casual game.

46 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

If that's how you want it done then here. Please do outshine me on this. Ahem.

" Wow you are only MR 16? What do you know of the game then? Talk to me when you are MR 28 and actually know how it was using Excalibur with super jump on him and stamina bars. Bet you didn't even run 10 hour void tower key survival missions. I had my Railjack with mk3 parts on day 2 and got a Vidar MK3 with great rolls on first try. Please go git gud. "

Oh look. You're even aware that I'm in the mid-teens with my MR. You can consider yourself both a hypocrite and outshone. You are welcome. 😄

48 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

And guess what. Just coz you know you don't actually need the railjack to finish this stuff please do tell that to people who do not know that is a option or don't even know you can join railjack groups without building your own coz DE doesn't explain anything and expects other people to do it for them and half of the time clicking on those it says you need to start it on your railjack coz matckmaking doesn't work.

Well see if you don't know something, you have several options to learn. There's experimentation, and there's learning from others. We've clan, region, discord, a bunch of different websites, and the wiki. Which of those skills do you consider most difficult? 

52 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Also I find it hilarious you had to snap that other person for calling you out in this for your behavior and me as to prove how good and epic you are. Because they clearly showed off the elitest jerk you are.

Well that other person claimed to have checked my profile and called me a high MR elitist tryhard. 

Is MR 16 high MR now? Ask them to check the stats for the tricaps. Ask them to check for the other indicators of elitism. 

Just because someone is pointing out that they have done what you are pretending is impossible to do for the average casual players, doesn't make them elitist. 

Whereas you have people in your clan who seem to refuse to make any effort, I have one other random guy, of an age with me and he as a casual does his research, and if he's still having trouble, talks it out with me. I give him what advice I can and tell him honestly when I don't know how to do what he wants to know about, well. I don't need to make excuses for either of us and pretend that it's not possible to do these things. Because in time we'll get them done. 

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

Also what is this content creator thing you are talking about and are so upset about? Do your gamer feelings get hurt when someone on youtube talks trash about your casual space barbie doll game and how most of them didn't like railjack that much actually?

You're capable of scrolling back and reading the dialogue between us on this thread? Or you going to claim that's an elite skill too? 

Well you cant even start the veil nodes unless you have level 7 intrinsics, for once, but considering how s**t railjack is for now, I dont think anyone aside from nolifers and youtubers will bother so when it will come to it, either it will become easier to farm or no one will play this quest(s).

State of railjack, all from its parts and upgrades to intrincsics/resource farming isa a boring slog and a disaster. I never thought something worse than archwing could exist, but de proved me wrong again. 2,5 years of work, holy ****

Edited by -Temp0-

7 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

No but pointing out that anyone who hasn't done that needs to "git gud" does. Or did you already forget how much your dorito stained g-fueled gamer existence salivated for stroking your ego over how you so gloriously finished all this stuff solo before?

Ayy I like G fuel. Also are you taking lad serious is the internet man just let the kids have his opinion 

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Which country?? I'm genuinely interested.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/td.html

I mean sure. Having most way bounds and such you run run a tricap solo with a mote Amp. I'd not say lazy but if someone deems content unfun their not lazy for participating in such especially if there are other options.

You're not forced to run tricaps solo or otherwise. Take a better look at my profile. It's got about 500 Terry's, but only about a dozen Gary's, and a couple of Harry's. 

Then take a look at the scans. Then hop over and peep at the amps. 

Maybe then you'll be able to understand that I am not a tryhard player. 

But there's a huge difference between doing just a bit in order to be able to get by, and doing absolutely nothing and laying blame for my deficiencies on the game not pandering to me. 

Same thing with Arch wing. You can use the odnata and base gun to do the other content but  prior to the railjack update there was no true need to do it rather then "meh I hope they do something with this latler"

If you insist on playing Nova and try to portal around the world map that's on you. Peep at my archwing stats.

Can you guess why I used my Itzal and how it got max rank. That other dude may want to know what rank my Amesha is, since he's convinced that the only way that I can get by in Railjack is with a nice max rank Amesha. Probably convinced himself that I use the Cyngas too, so help him out, and tell him about both of them as well. 

Have you figured out that I'm not a tryhard yet? 

And if I'm crippling myself and I'm still able to keep up and surpass dosent That mean I have to work harder? That kinda goes against the definition of lazy m8.

No, because I have explained repeatedly that they build the game around the lowest denominator. The mainline quests were made to be doable if you hadn't bothered to upgrade the operator and amp at all. You're able to bypass the railjack almost entirely to get through the most recent. That's not because we're all uber-elite. It's because it's built in to let us do that. 

But if you're so keen on comprehension I'd assume that you'd understand that You're on the forums calling other people bad in a pve game with little to no competitive quality towards it.

Again you show that you have totally missed the point, even though I've made  it several times recently and at least once in all caps for emphasis:

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

BECAUSE YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED TO HAVE A RAILJACK BUILT TO PROGRESS IN THE MAINLINE IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

Thats the very basis of the entire thread, isn't it? A handful of people moaning about what they claim is this incredibly onerous task, but which by design, doesn't even need to be done. That's not because anyone is good at the game. And it literally does not matter how bad you are at Railjack if you are able to simply bypass it. Get it yet? 

But I'm also on the for honor subreddit minecraft forums and eso forums too right now so I guess I could go out more.

Again... Glance at the url, "warframe". We are here to talk about "warframe". Try to keep it straight. 

Also you said it yourself earlier  it's the warframe forums. We're all toxic on here. We get rep by smart retorts and being cruel to each other. Generally the more peaceful people have much much lower rep score unless your a mod 

So you're saying that your retorts generally aren't smart? I'll give you a minute to think about it. 

58 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

I don't think you understand how casual clans for fun work. While we do have some players that are basically clueless we also have people that would make you look like the biggest newb that ever played warframe.

Sounds like elitism to me, you naughty boy you. 

Oh btw "the present company included" has been playing warframe from the CBT ( with minor breaks coz hey some of us have a life ) and has all new content beaten in first week of release for a while now. And all of it is ez af. Don't remember last time I actually had a issue with something in Warfarm. You are barking up the wrong tree with those accusations. As for sarcasm I clearly am having fun with it if you didn't notice making fun of your statements in which you try to flex yourself

You implying that tenure grants ability? And if it's all ezaf, then you should have pointed that out to your clan mate instead of holding them up as an example of how difficult the game is. 

Also, you kinda outed yourself as a complete troll with no point to make, or a really desperate person who realising that they had no point is trying to make out that they were trolling. Either way, it's not a good position to be in, I figure. 

"I mentioned that I had an unranked Amesha, which means that I didn't have access to the abilities at the start."

Ah yes. A unranked Amesha. That can cast it's first skill from rank 0. Clearly showing off your one year MR16 knowledge here

Yes one, out of 4, and not at full strength. So I got a base of what, 6 drones and 400 health? You actually seen the fighters attack a target? How long do you think that they last? And how do you think that goes when you got no universal blink yet because they screwed up the code?

Like I said looks like you have forgotten what you clearly think you once knew. 

You know there are people that don't use wiki or discord at all? Shocking I know. And just being in region chat you'd know how much of did you even read patch notes people are out there

Yeah and we live in the 1990s and everyone is still on AOL dialup and google isn't a thing. But hey if you're saying they get told "read the patch notes" why, that's actually a great idea isn't it? Because by the time they figure out how to do that on their own, they may no longer expect everyone else to do their homework for them, see? 

Yes. Because you felt the need to point it out when another person called it out you only played for a year. And combine my non related comments to that. Oh gee I wonder why I know that.

Someone else's not so great at math it seems. I even pointed out that it's 2020, but I guess that whooshed a bit too far up? 

No but having the need to point out you are MR 16 as a defense is. I don't ever bring out my MR28 besides to point out to people how useless of a metric that is. Also what do tricaps have to do anything with elitism? I had my setups for those maxed at 14 tricaps. Only thing tricaps show is how much free time you have and how much you like to hunt those. I stopped at around 112 because I got my arcane grace set for Inaros and there was no need for me to play those anymore. I don't even know how the meta changed to those since I don't interact with the system anymore. Oh right. Elitist. My bad.

So let's get this right... Me pointing out that I'm not a high MR by indicating that I am MR 16, is me lording it over people and being elitist? That's the most ridiculous thing you have attempted to pull... Wait actually its not, is it? Never mind. 

As for tricap and showing that not elitist, you should have waited for him to tell you how many I've done. Right now all you've done is made yourself look a bit more silly. 😘

But yeah you were being elitist and it was definitely your bad. 

No but pointing out that anyone who hasn't done that needs to "git gud" does. Or did you already forget how much your dorito stained g-fueled gamer existence salivated for stroking your ego over how you so gloriously finished all this stuff solo before?

Oh? Did I? Well then you should quote me. Because I only indicated that my clan is mostly a solo clan. It's just me and one other guy most of the time and our interaction is minimal. He did put a mutagen mass into build the drydock and some fieldron I think. All the research was me afaik. 

But yeah, I'm calling you out on the claim that I said that I solo'd the railjack content. I don't expect you to actually answer because that's pretty much the MO right now, but you'll see that I have put you on the spot. 

Oh look at me. I'm such a wise mentor. This man is of same age as me but he is not well. For you see he does not understand the glory ways of Warframe. He is not as wise as me. And therefore I shall carry this burden and teach him the ways. This man should be grateful to have me in his life. The players in your clan are lowly scrubs for not wanting to engage in this glorious content ,dare not say anything bad upon their name, DE bestowed upon us that was not rushed for TGA, buggy, grindy, poorly balanced or pay 2 skip at all. And if you dare say anything against my glorious Warframe or imply any of those things I will have my wrath stricken upon you. It does not matter if your experience is different than mine or that you can barely play it without something breaking. For you see. Mine is only that matter. And mine was amazing. Oh ye lowly creatures not recognizing my brilliance that you shall never understand how amazing I am for I have done all this solo. For you see. I am truly a gamer.

Well that's not quite it. But I'm actually impressed by how perceptive you were in saying that he's not well. Of course you may want to think about what sort of person you are for having inadvertently made light of another person's suffering. 

The rest of the nonsense you wrote doesn't really warrant a response though, because you already showed that instead of helping your clanmate get better at the game, you would rather champion the false cause.