Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues with Railjack

Zoero

As it stands now, archwings are faster than railjack, stronger than railjack and overall more useful. In order for the railjack to be an enjoyable experience the following needs to happen:

-Lower heat accretion overall by 50%
-Increase range for all Railjack weapons by 100% at the minimum. Vidar Carcinox has a 4k range and that should have been the default range for all weapons, these weapons already have travel time, and a steep one.
-Increase RJ speed. Archwing shouldn't be faster than the railjack.
-RJ damage may seem OK at times but it can sometimes take 2-3 vidar cryophon shots and that is with a 44% bonus.
-Increase vacuum range significantly
-reduce enemy ship death animation or remove entirely. at the very least, enemies should drop their loot as soon as they are killed instead of spreading it miles away from the ship
-allow crewships to be actually killed with weapons. Maybe increase their EHP so it's not easily killed with archguns or sideguns but certainly allow these to be killed normally. Currently only tunguska cannon can kill these and in veil they require 2-3 shots. Other than this, destroying the reactor which also takes them 20 additional seconds to die.
-Allow for more avionics capacity through forma or by reducing avionic costs on upgraded grid slots.

For reference, these suggestions are made while having a fully upgraded railjack. Everything is as close BiS as possible and mk3.

Edited by Zoero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoero said:

archwings are faster than railjack, stronger than railjack and overall more useful

Not when you build it up with good weapons and engines and battle avionics. You claim to have BiS everything, yet don't seem to realize that even in my MK1 engines (though I upgraded them before alt-tabbing), I'm outrunning and maneuvering Archwing players.

Try combining Munitions Vortex with Black Hole. All fighters dead in 5 seconds flat.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I have MK3 carcinox 28% weapon bonus, MK3 cryophon 45% bonus, Milati MK3, Vidar engine mk3 +47.5 kmph, Vidar reactor MK3 +93 avionics.

Void Hole, zekti bulkhead, hullweave, section density, hyperstrike, polar coil, winged storm and vidar warhead. 9999 Intrinsics.

Archwing still manages to outrun the railjack with blink, is more maneuverable, and DPS wise a well modded cygnas can kill any target in 1-2 seconds whereas any railjack weapon has to sit on the enemy in order to do damage without the maneuverability of the archwing.

My argument stands, archwings are more useful too. To kill a crewship you have to stop what you are doing and either A) man the tunguska cannon that still requires 2-3 shots at high levels, or B) stop what you are doing, leave the railjack, board the crewship and so on. 

I have been farming intrinsics solo in veil and I manage to finish missions faster by parking the RJ far away and just using archwing. 20 minute tops per mission. I've seen full groups take more than that per mission, and I am doing this solo. Railjack is just under-powered, gimped and pales next to archwing.

30 minutes ago, Zoero said:

Archwing still manages to outrun the railjack with blink, is more maneuverable

Then you don't know how to pilot, plain and simple. I do it every mission. Just played around with my own Vidar MK3 engines. I cross the map faster than any Archwing can, and navigate asteroid fields for resources far more efficiently.

To kill a crewship you have to stop what you are doing and either A) man the tunguska cannon that still requires 2-3 shots at high levels, or B) stop what you are doing, leave the railjack, board the crewship and so on. 

This is why you have other people do it.

and DPS wise a well modded cygnas can kill any target in 1-2 seconds whereas any railjack weapon has to sit on the enemy in order to do damage without the maneuverability of the archwing.

Try Munitions Vortex with the Void Hole, then come talk about DPS. Archwings do not compete. The abilities combined delete units.

ezgif-1-1026cbdbe1a9.gif

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Then you don't know how to pilot, plain and simple. I do it every mission. Just played around with my own Vidar MK3 engines. I cross the map faster than any Archwing can, and navigate asteroid fields for resources far more efficiently.

This is why you have other people do it.

Try Munitions Vortex with the Void Hole, then come talk about DPS. Archwings do not compete. The abilities combined delete units.

Never in my original pots did I mention ability avionics as underwhelming or useless, I strictly mentioned the guns themselves. Secondly, I have played with many people with both my railjack and theirs and archwing still outruns and outmaneuvers the railjack 100%. Lastly, gunners still have to stop what they are doing to man the tunguska cannon, boarders have to stop what they are doing to man the cannon. As I mentioned in the original post, a third viable option of dealing with the crewships that is not optimal yet possible is all I mentioned. Killing the ships with guns/turrets should be possible at the expense of it taking much longer time than the currently available options.

You clearly saw criticism towards DE and promptly jumped into defense mode as if they paid your bills without reading the original post carefully. 

7 hours ago, Zoero said:

I have MK3 carcinox 28% weapon bonus, MK3 cryophon 45% bonus, Milati MK3, Vidar engine mk3 +47.5 kmph, Vidar reactor MK3 +93 avionics.

Void Hole, zekti bulkhead, hullweave, section density, hyperstrike, polar coil, winged storm and vidar warhead. 9999 Intrinsics.

Archwing still manages to outrun the railjack with blink, is more maneuverable, and DPS wise a well modded cygnas can kill any target in 1-2 seconds whereas any railjack weapon has to sit on the enemy in order to do damage without the maneuverability of the archwing.

My argument stands, archwings are more useful too. To kill a crewship you have to stop what you are doing and either A) man the tunguska cannon that still requires 2-3 shots at high levels, or B) stop what you are doing, leave the railjack, board the crewship and so on. 

I have been farming intrinsics solo in veil and I manage to finish missions faster by parking the RJ far away and just using archwing. 20 minute tops per mission. I've seen full groups take more than that per mission, and I am doing this solo. Railjack is just under-powered, gimped and pales next to archwing.

I liked archwing before railjack.  Before open worlds.  I have leveled hyperion thrusters, I have every archwing and archweapon, I have formad and catalysted builds that shred absolutely anything that came before railjack.  Any halfway decent railjack will at least come near my speed (even using blink), any halfway decent railjack weapon will out-DPS me, and, of course, the railjack is tanky in a way that archwings aren't.

Archwing combat outperforms railjack combat when you:

• have a bad railjack
  • use the railjack poorly

and in no other circumstances.

Yes, you need to use archwing to boards other ships, but I don't see a problem with that.  There are some issues with getting hit while boarding or disembarking, but those aren't balance issues.