Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer health balancing


844448
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since by the story grineer are clones of clones created in mass quantity, making their body decay really bad, I think we can translate it into the game balance.

For example, grineer lancer has 100 base health while corpus crewman has only 60, isn't clone supposed to be far weaker than human from normal breeding? My thought is let them have their insane armor, but cut down their base health by half or something so they're still tough as nails but not reaching absurd levels at high level where their EHP is higher than other factions by a large margin.

While we're at that, buff corpus health a bit to reach grineer base health since their shield is useless when you bring toxin or gas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Since by the story grineer are clones of clones created in mass quantity, making their body decay really bad, I think we can translate it into the game balance.

For example, grineer lancer has 100 base health while corpus crewman has only 60, isn't clone supposed to be far weaker than human from normal breeding? My thought is let them have their insane armor, but cut down their base health by half or something so they're still tough as nails but not reaching absurd levels at high level where their EHP is higher than other factions by a large margin.

While we're at that, buff corpus health a bit to reach grineer base health since their shield is useless when you bring toxin or gas.

For corpus I'd personally like to see their shields gate damage partially and or greatly reduce the damage or effectiveness of damage until it's depleted unless using magnetic. Like a sheild will negate 45-75% of incoming damage and deplete the shield even Slash and gas and toxic procs. And until the shiekd is depleted you can't do full damage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like this, but I think it wouldn't do anything to change the corrosive and bleed meta. If anything it would just be even more effective against grineer since it would be the equivalent of a permanent free viral proc compared to what we are dealing with. 

DE just needs to get locked in a room and aren't allowed to come out until they finally overhaul warframe and enemy offensive and defensive scaling. Everything will always come back down to that no matter how many glittery band-aids they keep sticking on an gaping wound. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

For corpus I'd personally like to see their shields gate damage partially and or greatly reduce the damage or effectiveness of damage until it's depleted unless using magnetic. Like a sheild will negate 45-75% of incoming damage and deplete the shield even Slash and gas and toxic procs. And until the shiekd is depleted you can't do full damage 

You've just given the Corpus armour.

 

EDIT: Magic armour that also resists Toxin and Slash

Edited by HintOfMalice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

You've just given the Corpus armour.

 

EDIT: Magic armour that also resists Toxin and Slash

A shield is a type of armor sir. But at the end of the day it'd require people to at least change their builds and provide some sort of difficulty when facing the corpus. It also makes them a bit more tanky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

You've just given the Corpus armour.

and guess what, an energy shield would most likely protect against the vacuum of space should you be exposed to it (it kind of does that already in the game) and thus would definitely prevent toxin and viral damage, and as a defensive measure it'd defend against slashes as well, considering it can already prevent puncture damage (bullets).

From any viewpoint, shields are already a kind of armour, as it protects the health of those who have one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

From any viewpoint, shields are already a kind of armour, as it protects the health of those who have one

Semantically trying to defend shields as an armour doesn't make for a strong case in game balancing. This isn't real life. Yes, a shield system that protected you from the vacuum of space would probably also defend you from airborne toxins, and if it acts as a physical barrier to things like bullets then it would surely also make sense for it to act as a physical barrier to whatever causes the slash or toxin proc.

But need I remind you that shields in this game are already inconsistent? For example, there are two types of shields: Shield and Proto Shield.

Shield: Is used Amalgams, some Grineer bosses, most corpus and all Tenno (except Nidus and Inaros). If you some bosses with this armour type, Toxin and Gas will not bypass it. However, shooting a regular Corpus dude, or a Tenno with Toxin and they will take direct health damage. Some Shields also don't regenerate, such as the ones on Grineer bosses.

Proto Shield: Equally inconsistent. For example, Alad V and Zanuka both have Proto Shield. Alad's is bypassed by Toxin and Slash, Zanuka's isn't.

In a video game, balance comes before logic pretty much all the time. At the very least you could make a case for Warframe's Health system not making sense, but trying to apply sense where there isn't any doesn't give you a strong argument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

By definition a sheild is a type of armor dude

You could try reading my previous post before replying.

We're not talking about the shields used in the Middle Ages, we're taking about Shields from Warframe. Obviously named after the Middle Ages type of shield due to their nature of protecting the user, but they are not the same thing.

The Warframe definition of shield is: Shields are invisible barriers that absorb incoming damage and protects the player from taking Health damage against enemy attacks.

Taken straight off the Wiki. Now, you can parrot on about logical semantics in an attempt to avoid the matter all you want, but unfortunately, that point is never going to become significant as this is video game, where game balancing takes priority.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HintOfMalice said:

You could try reading my previous post before replying.

We're not talking about the shields used in the Middle Ages, we're taking about Shields from Warframe. Obviously named after the Middle Ages type of shield due to their nature of protecting the user, but they are not the same thing.

The Warframe definition of shield is: Shields are invisible barriers that absorb incoming damage and protects the player from taking Health damage against enemy attacks.

Taken straight off the Wiki. Now, you can parrot on about logical semantics in an attempt to avoid the matter all you want, but unfortunately, that point is never going to become significant as this is video game, where game balancing takes priority.

It really doesnt matter if you draw connections to ancient hand held physical shields or an energy barrier, both are in the end a type of armor, because they both protect you from incoming damage. A sabaton, a coif, a cuirass, a shield, an exo-skeleton suit or a shield generator, it doesnt matter, they are all types of armors of different times. We even have examples of it in the game, with frames like Hildryn, a frame that is a straight up sci-fi interpretation of a norse shieldmaiden.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It really doesnt matter if you draw connections to ancient hand held physical shields or an energy barrier, both are in the end a type of armor, because they both protect you from incoming damage. A sabaton, a coif, a cuirass, a shield, an exo-skeleton suit or a shield generator, it doesnt matter, they are all types of armors of different times. We even have examples of it in the game, with frames like Hildryn, a frame that is a straight up sci-fi interpretation of a norse shieldmaiden.

My point being that all of that is totally irrelevant, because, in Warframe, armour and shields are mechanically different. There is a Shield health-type in Warframe and there is an Armor health-type in Warframe. So, bringing in real life applications, be them ancient or otherwise, is totally meaningless and doesn't serve to push any argument justifying giving Shields Armor's gimmick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HintOfMalice said:

My point being that all of that is totally irrelevant, because, in Warframe, armour and shields are mechanically different. There is a Shield health-type in Warframe and there is an Armor health-type in Warframe. So, bringing in real life applications, be them ancient or otherwise, is totally meaningless and doesn't serve to push any argument justifying giving Shields Armor's gimmick.

But it wouldnt be armor's gimmick. It would be similar but still different. Shields would simply make a little difference as opposed to now where it may aswell not be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

My point being that all of that is totally irrelevant, because, in Warframe, armour and shields are mechanically different. There is a Shield health-type in Warframe and there is an Armor health-type in Warframe. So, bringing in real life applications, be them ancient or otherwise, is totally meaningless and doesn't serve to push any argument justifying giving Shields Armor's gimmick.

Effectively a shield is different from armor in real life as well. Regardless I'm not giving the gimmick of armor to the shields of warframe negating status or reducing the effectiveness of it depending on the amount of shield it is? It makes sense actually. The shield in a way protects the user like armor but an energy barrier would be logically be able to absorb Slash and other elements until depleted in sci-fi terms 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HintOfMalice said:

You could try reading my previous post before replying.

We're not talking about the shields used in the Middle Ages, we're taking about Shields from Warframe. Obviously named after the Middle Ages type of shield due to their nature of protecting the user, but they are not the same thing.

The Warframe definition of shield is: Shields are invisible barriers that absorb incoming damage and protects the player from taking Health damage against enemy attacks.

Taken straight off the Wiki. Now, you can parrot on about logical semantics in an attempt to avoid the matter all you want, but unfortunately, that point is never going to become significant as this is video game, where game balancing takes priority.

 

So a shield by definition on wfs wiki is armor? Cause that's what armor does 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...