Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have A Dream: Warframe Gameplay Will Be Improved!

Desauron

So... there are 2 types of gameplays in EVERY game: the zerg rush and the strategist.

Most of the games got the zerg rush type, you get into a room, and boom from everywhere enemies spawn and you just need to kill them, thats it. No tactics, no team play, just.. shoot... kill.. collect loot.... repeat = GRIND !

And then, there are the few rare types, that use the strategist gameplay. Before you enter you carrefully chose your team, you carrefully and intensively keep constant chat with squad mates for a winning situation. You move as a team, work as a team, think as a team and fight as a team. Mabinogi, wizardry, ace online and more uses this type of gameplay. AND ITS WONDERFUL !

So... my question is simple.... why warframe doesnt do same?

I mean, we got alot of players raging that this becomes a grind2win game, and... warframe devs do what? Developing a crossbow repeater....

Am i really the only one that wants warframe to have a team focused cooperative gameplay?

Am i really the only one that got sick of waves after waves of new content and their bugs?

Am i really the only one that noticed that we are spinning in circles? Introduce this, then fix it and if we got time we might fix some old bugs.

I just want to know....if im asking for to much..... i just like this game to much to let it go down. Just my toughts....

you are not the only one.;)

you must think in lore. at the time: the tennos are awaking and must grind resources, build dojos and start a riot.

and in the next season they travel to another sol system.the grineer and corpus do it to.

and in this sol system DE can add all stuff what the other site of the players want.

a lore based duck and cover gameplay would be awesome for this sol system.

it would be like a add on or warframe 2. but IN warframe.:D

yup! you asking for to much. but this dont means the idea is bad.;)

The problem is mainly in the community, not in game design.

They should introduce some concepts to make the community use teamplay.

For example to stop rushers, we got doors that need 2 players to open.

To stop afking, we got sentinel inactivity.

To not get lost, we got waypoints and markers.

Etc... solutions can be found... or made!

They should introduce some concepts to make the community use teamplay.

For example to stop rushers, we got doors that need 2 players to open.

To stop afking, we got sentinel inactivity.

To not get lost, we got waypoints and markers.

Etc... solutions can be found... or made!

They can make improvements, yes. But no matter what they do if the community doesn't want to play as a team, they wont

You... you get out of here with your reason and your logic. It's obviously the devs' fault that people are boring to play with.

Okay, I'll leave now...

Tactical team coordination can't be mandatory. PUGs/Random games would suffer if any wrong move or uncoordinated action is punished.

It's up to you and the gang you run with to decide whether you want to coordinate with specific roles (warframe choice, equipped abilities/Auras, mod builds). Most of the time you'll be running with total strangers, how do you coordinate your loadouts after the fact? Do you arbitrarily tack on roles regardless of their preference?

Probably why the DEvs did away with the Holy Trinity of Tank-Heal-DPS classes for Warframe, as everyone is supposed to be self-sufficient. Coordinated teamplay is encouraged, but not mandatory.

Because for any kind of teamplay arises, there must be smart enemies at least. Enemies, that required even basic form of coordination to fight with. Right now enemies zerg rushing us, so we act the same way.

Unfortunately, you can't sell new and improved AI in cash shop.

If you want some kind of teamplay in PvE, go to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It is bugged, flawed, shallow game with one of the trollest stores I've ever seen, but it has one good thing - interesting combat. Which is more than enough for people to play it for 1,5 years already, and they would be playing it further, if EA didn't abandon this game.

Edited by Khranitel

Because for any kind of teamplay arises, there must be smart enemies at least. Enemies, that required even basic form of coordination to fight with. Right now enemies zerg rushing us, so we act the same way.

Unfortunately, you can't sell new and improved AI in cash shop.

If you want some kind of teamplay in PvE, go to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It is bugged, flawed, shallow game with one of the trollest stores I've ever seen, but it has one good thing - interesting combat. Which is more than enough for people to play it for 1,5 years already, and they would be playing it further, if EA didn't abandon this game.

Good point, so we just need smarter enemys, DE did you read this?

Nope.... DE ignores and develops a crossbow repeater! (hey this will make them shut up, a crossbow repear!)

Good point, so we just need smarter enemys, DE did you read this?

Nope.... DE ignores and develops a crossbow repeater! (hey this will make them shut up, a crossbow repear!)

Correction. Enemies less in counts, but with bigger brains. This is the ultimate solution to repair this game's core.

So... there are 2 types of gameplays in EVERY game: the zerg rush and the strategist.Most of the games got the zerg rush type, you get into a room, and boom from everywhere enemies spawn and you just need to kill them, thats it. No tactics, no team play, just.. shoot... kill.. collect loot.... repeat = GRIND !And then, there are the few rare types, that use the strategist gameplay. Before you enter you carrefully chose your team, you carrefully and intensively keep constant chat with squad mates for a winning situation. You move as a team, work as a team, think as a team and fight as a team. Mabinogi, wizardry, ace online and more uses this type of gameplay. AND ITS WONDERFUL !So... my question is simple.... why warframe doesnt do same?I mean, we got alot of players raging that this becomes a grind2win game, and... warframe devs do what? Developing a crossbow repeater....Am i really the only one that wants warframe to have a team focused cooperative gameplay?Am i really the only one that got sick of waves after waves of new content and their bugs?Am i really the only one that noticed that we are spinning in circles? Introduce this, then fix it and if we got time we might fix some old bugs.I just want to know....if im asking for to much..... i just like this game to much to let it go down. Just my toughts....

I'm right there with you. The problem is a few things.

The game only gets harder (and forces you to care) by making your lifespan shorter or making the lifespan of enemies longer. A lot of the intensity of tactical shooters is deciding when to peek and shoot or where to take cover or how to flank your enemies. In warframe, everything is a hallway so you can't flank. Enemies aren't challenging so people can just run out in the open. DE won't do a cover system, and grineer are hitscan aimbotters, so there's no way to skillfully evade fire. You just run around in the open and kill them since there's no other way for the game to work. Furthermore teamwork is 100% optional at all levels of play. There's not really a way to use communication in a meaningful way besides saying, "oh crap, the pod," and "Mod over here."

The problem is mainly in the community, not in game design.

Not really, there's a big difference in how the same people play 2 different games. Warframe simply doesn't give the players any good reason to use strategy or teamwork. The objectives are super simple, run to objective, activate or shoot objective (defenses involve less getting to the objective, more shooting it), run out again. If there's a bump in the road it's solved the same way as ever, shoot at it until it dies, maybe run away and shoot if from safety if it gets really hairy.

I came back to Warframe just over 2 weeks ago after switching to Payday 2 and there is a massive difference between the two. The same people that were in constant communication over Skype in Payday were cracking jokes, enjoying off-topic banter and generally not bothering with any teamwork beyond staying in the same room as each other. Well, mostly in the same room.

So, yeah, it's not the people, it's the game.

I dream of a day when the Void will use a token system.

I dream of a day when missions will be interesting, when the Rescue target isn't a retard, and when Lotus doesn't miscalculate the time in MDef every single bloody time.

I dream of a day when there will be lore.

I dream of a day when enemy variety and interesting AI will replace stunlock.

I dream of a day when all Warframes will be interesting to play, yet balanced so that you won't faceroll end-game with a Nova and the 4 button.

I dream of a day when weapons will be fun to use, when they will cease to simply be generic reskins with ever increasing numeric values.

I dream of a day when DE will actually start communicating with the community, when they would discuss instead of pretend to listen.

I dream of a day when the newbie experience will be fixed, when the farming will be reasonable, when an optional but useful credit sink will be given.

But most of all, I dream of a day when I won't hesitate to recommend this game to my friends, a day when DE will pull their heads out of their arse and make Warframe the best damn F2P game there ever was.

I dream of a day when the Void will use a token system.

I dream of a day when missions will be interesting, when the Rescue target isn't a retard, and when Lotus doesn't miscalculate the time in MDef every single bloody time.

I dream of a day when there will be lore.

I dream of a day when enemy variety and interesting AI will replace stunlock.

I dream of a day when all Warframes will be interesting to play, yet balanced so that you won't faceroll end-game with a Nova and the 4 button.

I dream of a day when weapons will be fun to use, when they will cease to simply be generic reskins with ever increasing numeric values.

I dream of a day when DE will actually start communicating with the community, when they would discuss instead of pretend to listen.

I dream of a day when the newbie experience will be fixed, when the farming will be reasonable, when an optional but useful credit sink will be given.

But most of all, I dream of a day when I won't hesitate to recommend this game to my friends, a day when DE will pull their heads out of their arse and make Warframe the best damn F2P game there ever was.

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE SHAPED MEDAL !

Team play isn't required in a game as easy as warframe. If the community would quit *@##$ing about refusing much needed balances in both buffing and nerfing then maybe we could get a game that is difficult enough to bother with.