Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soo are we like god killers?

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

Ok so the sentients have always seen themselves as "gods" hunhow himself proclaim to be one and in the new side quest about the lotus, her brother said the same thing..sooo are we lik god slayers now? I really want D.E to put out the full resume of a healthy sentient's power level and compare that to us(i mean werent they doing a comic book?what happened to that?)

Metaphorically, yes. We're kind of close to Hollow Knight, actually

The Orokin styled themselves after Heaven with gold and ivory, believing themselves to be immortal. The Grineer believe themselves to be the "inheritors of the stars" according to Captain Vor, yet another parallel between them and the actual Nazi party who thought themselves the divine master race. The Corpus either worship the Void as a benevolent God or trick other people into "donating" to the Void

The Tenno by contrast are styled after a combination of superheroes and demons. Sometimes it's obvious, like with Grendel (named after a Norse demon and shaped like a Japanese Oni) and Revenant (literally Dracula), other times it's more subtle like with Trinity Prime (named after the Christian God, yet almost completely black and gets most of her power through vampiric draining of her foes) and Excalibur Umbra (named for a holy sword, but styled after a rabid werewolf). The Orokin even called them "Void Devils" and tried to burn them at the stake for heresy

And yet the Tenno are far and away the good guys of the setting, and not just by default. While they need to be paid for heroics, the heroics themselves are genuine.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Metaphorically, yes. We're kind of close to Hollow Knight, actually

The Orokin styled themselves after Heaven with gold and ivory, believing themselves to be immortal. The Grineer believe themselves to be the "inheritors of the stars" according to Captain Vor, yet another parallel between them and the actual Nazi party who thought themselves the divine master race. The Corpus either worship the Void as a benevolent God or trick other people into "donating" to the Void

The Tenno by contrast are styled after a combination of superheroes and demons. Sometimes it's obvious, like with Grendel (named after a Norse demon and shaped like a Japanese Oni) and Revenant (literally Dracula), other times it's more subtle like with Trinity Prime (named after the Christian God, yet almost completely black and gets most of her power through vampiric draining of her foes) and Excalibur Umbra (named for a holy sword, but styled after a rabid werewolf). The Orokin even called them "Void Devils" and tried to burn them at the stake for heresy

And yet the Tenno are far and away the good guys of the setting, and not just by default. While they need to be paid for heroics, the heroics themselves are genuine.

We're hated by everyone tho

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

While they need to be paid for heroics, the heroics themselves are genuine.

Not even that. If you replay the Vox Solaris quest, you'll see that we offer to help at a few points without expectation of payment. Same occurs in several other quests.

The idea that Tenno are purely mercenary is fanon.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

We're hated by everyone tho

We're hated by the Grineer, Corpus and Sentients (dunno about you, but I'm not going to lose much sleep over that). The independent colonies and syndicates generally see us as protectors of those who can't protect themselves.

Edited by Corvid

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Not even that. If you replay the Vox Solaris quest, you'll see that we offer to help at a few points without expectation of payment. Same occurs in several other quests.

We're hated by the Grineer, Corpus and Sentients (dunno about you, but I'm not going to lose much sleep over that). The independent colonies and syndicates generally see us as protectors of those who can't protect themselves.

No. I mean yes we're hated by all the main factions including the sentients but the syndates dont lik us either, perfect example they send a death squad after you if you dont choose them, the ostrons only lik us cause we're helping against the grinneer, same with the people of fortuna.. Do you really think they'd wanna associate themselves with us if they didnt need anything from us?nope, they'd kick us right out the curve.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's as canon or non-canon as you want it to be. For one thing, I was going into that quest expecting a cut of Thursby's loot. Not a big cut, kid needs the money more than me, but a cut nonetheless. And at the end I got a free K-drive, so I got my loot in the end. Obviously I save the laborers from death by firing squad without asking to be paid, I'm not heartless, it varies from objective to objective

Then there's the other quests to consider. Gradivus Dilemma for one. Sargas Ruk literally paid us as mercenaries to kill the Corpus for him, that was literally the plot of the event. Also Tubemen of Regor, as botched as the storytelling was

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's as canon or non-canon as you want it to be. For one thing, I was going into that quest expecting a cut of Thursby's loot. Not a big cut, kid needs the money more than me, but a cut nonetheless. And at the end I got a free K-drive, so I got my loot in the end. Obviously I save the laborers from death by firing squad without asking to be paid, I'm not heartless, it varies from objective to objective

Then there's the other quests to consider. Gradivus Dilemma for one. Sargas Ruk literally paid us as mercenaries to kill the Corpus for him, that was literally the plot of the event. Also Tubemen of Regor, as botched as the storytelling was

That's the thing we're not mercenaries but we act somewhat like one, we dont choose side but at the same time will gladly murder a whole entire ship of corpus or grinneer just cuz the opposite side paid better and thats why we've enemies everywhere literally, i believe it'd have been best if the tennos had created their own faction and absorb both the grinneer and corpus(i mean even if we arent at our prime anymore but we should still be able to do so without sny sweat)

Killing someone that calls himself/herself a god doesnt make you a god-killer, it just means you kill someone with delusions of grandeur.

I dont think we've glimpsed more than one possible god so far and heard of another, we havent really tried to kill either. One seems to live in a tower, the other is pointing fingers at us in the RJ aswell as popping in for surprise visits from time to time in the orbiter.

The sentients are just advanced machines, probably with a proccessor more fubar than the brains of the inhabitants in the Sol system.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

are we lik god slayers now?

not really. we're good at killing things that claim to be gods, if a genuine almighty being appeared though, who knows. I wonder if the Void itself is a living entity, maybe not "god" in the typical sense, but something incomprehensibly powerful that we cannot hope to fathom, and can only ask for it to not destroy us all. what we cannot understand, we resort to worshipping, and the void was heavily worshipped back in the day..

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Killing someone that calls himself/herself a god doesnt make you a god-killer, it just means you kill someone with delusions of grandeur.

I dont think we've glimpsed more than one possible god so far and heard of another, we havent really tried to kill either. One seems to live in a tower, the other is pointing fingers at us in the RJ aswell as popping in for surprise visits from time to time in the orbiter.

The sentients are just advanced machines, probably with a proccessor more fubar than the brains of the inhabitants in the Sol system.

Except that they're hunhow himself is a titled "sentient destroyer of worlds" and so far the sentients habe shown that they have their titles for a reason. Heck the orokin wouldnt even be able to defeat hunhow if he didnt let them, even natah, his own daughter was terrified when she heard his voice. The void is an actual god too, since its lik he's omnipresent, cuz he lured us to see when balas took lotus and also did the same when balas need to give us the sword so I'd also think that he's omnipotent cuz otherwise how did it know these events that are happening in different areas. P.s in case u didnt know it also gave us our powers

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not really. we're good at killing things that claim to be gods, if a genuine almighty being appeared though, who knows. I wonder if the Void itself is a living entity, maybe not "god" in the typical sense, but something incomprehensibly powerful that we cannot hope to fathom, and can only ask for it to not destroy us all. what we cannot understand, we resort to worshipping, and the void was heavily worshipped back in the day..

The void is an actual god too, since its lik he's omnipresent, cuz he lured us to see when balas took lotus and also did the same when balas need to give us the sword so I'd also think that he's omnipotent cuz otherwise how did it know these events that are happening in different areas. P.s in case u didnt know it also gave us our power

9 hours ago, (PS4)hades297youthful said:

Pretty sure we are gods at this point

i don't see how we are Gods if we get killed by level 20 corrupted bombards, which are pretty much mindless soldiers.

we are powerful, yes, but at the same time we can get killed easily if we slip up. Just look at the Erra quest, that excal prime got his ass handed to him by what looks like a featherless sentient bird.

I guess it depends what realistly and lore wise the level the enemies are. If they are cannonly lvl 30 then yes we are gods, if they are considered cannonly level 300 enemies, then we are far off.

Seems to be based off perspective.

Well, one thing is for sure... Warframes are crazy OP compared to a lot of other sci-fi settings, largely due to the void powers the operators have.

You can compare it to something like Warhammer 40k, where there's also a fairly high level of technology and psykers from that universe draw energy from the warp in order to manifest different powers and abilities.
Operators do the same, either channeling their energy raw, through an amp or a warframe to manifest thematic/frame-related abilities.
Difference is that in the former the cost is heavy (death for you and everyone near you if you screw up) whereas in Warframe you throw your weight around as much as you want, provided you have the energy.

So yeah, since it's a sci-fi character using near unlimited space magic, it's hard to argue that they don't have actual, literal god killing capabilities.
This isn't even taking into account the feel-no-pain + hysterical strength capabilities of the warframe body itself which is (most likely) made of a mix of high density materials and artificial muscles, with strength and agility probably way beyond the limits of a human being.
Besides most likely having a circulatory system and lungs I don't think they even have organs/weak points.

Doesn't end there. Even if you take one of these out, either through superior firepower or luck, you effectively killed a 3D printed doll that can be replicated with raw materials.
Operator takes a shower, drinks a cup of tea and gets right back into it, ready to control a new body and one that might be better suited for that the other one failed at.

Might not be a literal god, but they're damn close. This is why I haven't taken a single threat in the game seriously. It's why anything important has cheesy invulnerability mechanics.

The orokin were basically just humans that had enough technology to figure out immortality, the sentient are basically just skynet, the tenno are just the top of the heap when it comes to semi-immortal killing machines..

Also as far as everyone hating us that's not really true.  They're probably needs to be more exploration into this but there's been several instances where they have shown that there are populations beyond the corpus grineer and infested.  Most of them are opressed and taken advantage of (or eaten)by those three factions.  The fact that we murder them by the billions makes us the heroes to many demons to others.

There are even instances in the game where the tenno are worshipped as gods.  Certain aspects of the red veil worship the tenno (Rell).  Also in Inaros was worshipped as a God as well.  Gara is a revered savior to the ostrin just short of godhood status for them.  No one worships or misses the orokin or sentient.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Except that they're hunhow himself is a titled "sentient destroyer of worlds" and so far the sentients habe shown that they have their titles for a reason. Heck the orokin wouldnt even be able to defeat hunhow if he didnt let them, even natah, his own daughter was terrified when she heard his voice. The void is an actual god too, since its lik he's omnipresent, cuz he lured us to see when balas took lotus and also did the same when balas need to give us the sword so I'd also think that he's omnipotent cuz otherwise how did it know these events that are happening in different areas. P.s in case u didnt know it also gave us our powers

Being able to call oneself a destroyer of worlds isnt exactly the same as being a god.

The void is just the void, though it can be inspired by actual hellscape theories regarding void space. Our powers may very well just be from a cosmic event and not tied to something divine. The reason why we see the things we see may also be tied to our other selves, or wally for that matter. It may also just be that the tenno tap into the void without knowing and experience visions of what has happened due to time and space possibly being entwined within the void and part of the tenno. Wally may indeed be a god, but it isnt certain Wally is the same as the void. He may simply be a celestial/cosmic being from the void i.e an alien life form.

Sentients were created by men, so they arent really anything but evolved machines in the end. 

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Being able to call oneself a destroyer of worlds isnt exactly the same as being a god.

The void is just the void, though it can be inspired by actual hellscape theories regarding void space. Our powers may very well just be from a cosmic event and not tied to something divine. The reason why we see the things we see may also be tied to our other selves, or wally for that matter. It may also just be that the tenno tap into the void without knowing and experience visions of what has happened due to time and space possibly being entwined within the void and part of the tenno. Wally may indeed be a god, but it isnt certain Wally is the same as the void. He may simply be a celestial/cosmic being from the void i.e an alien life form.

Sentients were created by men, so they arent really anything but evolved machines in the end. 

But that doesnt add up tho, wally should/may very well be the void itself..think about it, it was stated on multiple occasion during the reil quest and we nevr had any issues b4 then, once harrow is released(which in its description it says it manifest his power from the void itself) thats when we start seeing the man in the wall aka wally(still havent seen mine 😩) and reason ehy i said "wally" could/is a god is dur to the fact that he seems to know when and where any event is happening, for instance when he got us to see ballas freeing lotus then again when he took us to ballas in a whole NEW system, so to me that makes him omnipotent and omnipresent. Ok yes the sentients were created by men but that doesnt mean the cant evolve into becoming gods perfect example is amazo from the dceu he's pretty much just lik the sentients, the only difference is that he can copy whoever's powers compared to the sentients that becomes immune/adapt to said powers(which in reality would make the sentients even stronger than amazo). But all in all what im saying is amazo was a robot yet he evolved into a god tier lvl.