Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortnite is not something warframe should ‘learn from’

Space0ddity

fortnite is a zoomer game that appeals to a new generation of gamers that prefer eye damage and getting kicked out of the server every time you die. you could write a manifesto about how it appeals to cowards and wannabe marksmen and the like, but i’m not gonna talk about that.

battle pass, open world mechanics, rng is an odd thing for a pve game to base itself off, considering fortnite is pvp and therefore has infinite playability. that didn’t stop quotes like ‘battle pass is healthy’, ‘BR mode is good for warframe’, or ‘warframe 2 will be a good idea just like in fortnite’

they’re two different games with extremely different progression loops, why do you guys think it’s worth learning from or emulating? nightwave introduced a huge player decrease, and the bigger open worlds get the more unpopular they become as they age (profit taker ring a bell?)

11 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

battle pass

nightwave has no battle pass, there is not premier rewards ranks

12 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

open world mechanic

players requested open world an DE gave us open world maps.

14 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

rng is an odd thing for a pve game to base itself off

every pve game has rng in it. or are you playing games where you kill a enemy an it always has the same loot no matter what?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Literally nobody had compared wf to Fort lol

i think OP had talk with someone in game about conclave an set them off on this rant

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Space0ddity:

fortnite is a zoomer game that appeals to a new generation of gamers that prefer eye damage and getting kicked out of the server every time you die. you could write a manifesto about how it appeals to cowards and wannabe marksmen and the like, but i’m not gonna talk about that.

battle pass, open world mechanics, rng is an odd thing for a pve game to base itself off, considering fortnite is pvp and therefore has infinite playability. that didn’t stop quotes like ‘battle pass is healthy’, ‘BR mode is good for warframe’, or ‘warframe 2 will be a good idea just like in fortnite’

they’re two different games with extremely different progression loops, why do you guys think it’s worth learning from or emulating? nightwave introduced a huge player decrease, and the bigger open worlds get the more unpopular they become as they age (profit taker ring a bell?)

i agree with everything but the RNG stat aspect.

what many people dont get is that this is the same as drop chances and hence an actual motivation drop wise to keep playing. what happens if u got everything on the 1st attempt ? right, drops wouldnt be a reason to play anymore and people are already complaining about long term content.

there are other PvE games which have had rng statted equip before warframe and noone ever complained. its actually part of what makes games a "looter"...u play the game for farming the items u want and rng statted equip just expands this by a lot easily.

i agree with all the rest, but it seems people hate on rng equipment without thinking twice about the positives. u can always find negatives if u want to, but whats the alternative ? u can make great content all u want, if u make a very good instance/dungeon/raid sure people will play it for fun some time, but most people will quickly stop doing so if they dont get any good rewards, which already is a critique people state in warframe - drop balance. rng stat equip solves that issue easily and its hard to really solve it otherwise unless u set abyssmal drop rates on "normal" items and then people will complain again.

either way u cant satisfy everyone but rng stat equip is the better long term decision since most people wont get their perfect drop, so they will farm for a while unless the content is totally unfun. also the items with great stats have "value" due to their rarity which is also something to keep in mind. feel free to dislike it or disagree, but i dare say this is more fact than opinion due to the very nature of rng stat drops vs fixed stat drops.

Edited by Xydeth

Yep. I think I'll uninstall it. I have played 1 or 2 hours but it's not my kind of game. I tried a mission designed by one of the users but I fell asleep during the game. I slept for about 30 minutes I think... I never reopened it. 😐

Edited by KroneVanguard