Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It cost me EVERYTHING!

Menace

So joined up a squad for the Sentient Ship and for the first time EVER I got lucky with 2 drops for the Shedu. Not just any 2 drops the 2 pieces I needed to be able to build it. I was happy, ecstatic even.

Some left and it was down to myself and one other guy who engaged the enemy in battle. I hopped on the guns and we were doing well. Then a crew ship appeared. I zip on over blew it up quick and he left. I came back to the ship in the middle of enemies. I was now stuck on the ship alone and couldn't use the navigation to head back to Dojo. Abandoning means I get nothing. In a flash I had boarders, hull breaches and a bomb. Try as I might the ship went boom and lost it all.

Hopefully they'll patch it so even though we are not flying our own ship we should be able to use the navigation once we are the host.

Edited by Menace
  • Like 12

Despite the fact you have every right to be fuming, have my upvote for being one of the most calmest and collective members of the Warframe community.

Yes this issue should be fixed ASAP and I hope DE sees to it as soon as they get back from holidays.

46 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Are the mission objectives done? Anyone should be able to access the navigation if all of the objectives are done

We did the Sentient ship. After that 2 people left and the other guy piloted it into combat while I hopped on guns. After the first Crew Ship showed up is when he left. That's when I found myself alone surrounded by enemy ships. I could not access the navigation console on the bridge and I was the only one in the party.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

We did the Sentient ship. After that 2 people left and the other guy piloted it into combat while I hopped on guns. After the first Crew Ship showed up is when he left. That's when I found myself alone surrounded by enemy ships. I could not access the navigation console on the bridge and I was the only one in the party.

But the the mission was completely over?

No objectives to do at all?

If you just went for the ship and there were still objectives to do then of course you couldn't access the navigation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Menace said:

You can't use the console until all objectives are complete. Host or not. 

hace 2 horas, JackHargreav dijo:

But the the mission was completely over?

No objectives to do at all?

If you just went for the ship and there were still objectives to do then of course you couldn't access the navigation. 

I think they ignored the fighters and go for the sentient ship first, and then he was alone on the ship vs the 90 fighter + 6 crewship.

hace 2 horas, Menace dijo:

Were you stuck inside the ship or something, or just alone? I mean, if you were stuck, unable to move, enter/exit ship or something like that, that's a bug. If everyone left and you stayed alone... It's bad luck or bad mates or whatever.

IMO it is still doable alone. Amesha + pew pew or pew pew from ship. If you had the gear needed to fight lvl 80+ sentient, the lvl 80+ boarder grineers are way easier. Is the mission harder? Yes. Is it long? Sure. Impossible? No. 

If you die because everyone else left and you was alone in a public game, It's your fault. Even if the ship was undergeared, you should wear a decent archwing (that means amesha) and archgun just in case. Otherway you are just joinig missions to be carried.

hace 37 minutos, Miser_able dijo:

Sometimes you are able to move the ship even if they are not completed. But (imho) that IS a bug/exploit.

Edited by Dragoncroac

3 hours ago, Menace said:

in my cases i end up doing the sentient ship, getting at least 2 shedu parts then get forced into a host migration that causes the loss of the number 1 host, number 2 becomes 1 then another host migrations appears leaving me stranded with 3 crew ships blasting me and no way to get away because someone drove headfirst into the hoard of enemies and we have no access to the navigation node.

5 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Despite the fact you have every right to be fuming, have my upvote for being one of the most calmest and collective members of the Warframe community.

Yes this issue should be fixed ASAP and I hope DE sees to it as soon as they get back from holidays.

Agreed, and seconded. 

There are a few glitches that I've run into. Dropping out of the skybox seems to be the most common so far. Hull breaches in unreachable spots. You name it. There was also an interminable journey to the dojo at one point. 

But honestly the "Saturn proxima is off limits" was probably the worst. I had cleared everything on Earth and was 4455 in the intrinsics and it still wouldn't let me in until I got a taxi. On the other hand it meant that I'd had time to get comfortable with the roles on a Railjack, and could work the forge, slingshot, and guns with a modicum of competence. 

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

2 hours ago, Dragoncroac said:

If you die because everyone else left and you was alone in a public game, It's your fault. Even if the ship was undergeared, you should wear a decent archwing (that means amesha) and archgun just in case. Otherway you are just joinig missions to be carried.

Sometimes you are able to move the ship even if they are not completed. But (imho) that IS a bug/exploit.

FYI normally you can head back to the Dojo before all the objectives are complete. You forgo the skirmish rewards but you keep the drops. It's like heading back to Cetus or Fortuna before completing the bounty. However it appears because it wasn't my ship even though I ended up as the host I couldn't access the navigation terminal.

Also I was not stuck as in unable to move but having Amesha and an archgun would not help you when host migration when you're leaving a crew ship and the RailJack is in the middle of a bunch of enemy ships and everything going to hell in a hand basket in short order. I'm sorry to disagree with you with it being my fault.

• Like 1

Protip: whenever you get a rare drop you would hate to lose in a host migration, and you're in a squad, take a picture of the drop and your teammates names. If you lose the items to a host migration, send the pic to the support desk along with what time it happened. They can dig through the metadata and just give you the items for free.

It's not guaranteed they will actually do it and it might take two weeks, but they can do it

This story seems fake. Drops are not client side, they're universal. If you got two drops as you claim, they would've as well, and nobody, and I mean nobody, is stupid enough to leave a mission after two Shedu parts drop, even if they aren't the parts they need, since these parts go for around 30 plat a piece. Maybe this did happen and people are that stupid, or the host connection was so bad it caused a disconnect, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Carstairs said:

This story seems fake. Drops are not client side, they're universal. If you got two drops as you claim, they would've as well, and nobody, and I mean nobody, is stupid enough to leave a mission after two Shedu parts drop, even if they aren't the parts they need, since these parts go for around 30 plat a piece. Maybe this did happen and people are that stupid, or the host connection was so bad it caused a disconnect, but I doubt it.

Sorry to disappoint you buddy, I gave an overview of what happened and you scream fake. It is sad that this is what we're turning into. I wasn't even ranting or raving demanding anything just letting people know what happened and hope this could be fixed. Just for some additional information though I do not have to explain myself to you I was playing Ivara and if they did not get the drops then I got them through prowl stealing.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Protip: whenever you get a rare drop you would hate to lose in a host migration, and you're in a squad, take a picture of the drop and your teammates names. If you lose the items to a host migration, send the pic to the support desk along with what time it happened. They can dig through the metadata and just give you the items for free.

It's not guaranteed they will actually do it and it might take two weeks, but they can do it

I did not even know this was possible. It's a little late now but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Edited by Menace

ouch. and today I got 2 pieces of the Shedu as well, one was a duplicate, but I could sell it or whatever.

I know I would have been just a little salty, so Kudos for not going into an all caps rage. DE should neevr have released railjack this early, and they NEVER should have made the Shedu this ridiculous to get... i mean 30 mins? that's nothing! and then you're waiting between 2-2 and 3/4 hours for the anomaly to appear again, with NO IDEA whether it will turn up again in 2 hours exactly, 2 hours and 5, 10, 20, etc. that's without mentioning the terrible drop rates for the parts themselves (yet the Codex says they are common drops: I'm sitting on dozens upon dozens of Overview mods that are supposed to be rarer!).

even as someone who knows RNG and it's place in the game. this is ridiculously convoluted. at the very least we need a consistent timeframe for Anomalies, and we don't even have that!

12 hours ago, Menace said:

So joined up a squad for the Sentient Ship and for the first time EVER I got lucky with 2 drops for the Shedu. Not just any 2 drops the 2 pieces I needed to be able to build it. I was happy, ecstatic even.

Some left and it was down to myself and one other guy who engaged the enemy in battle. I hopped on the guns and we were doing well. Then a crew ship appeared. I zip on over blew it up quick and he left. I came back to the ship in the middle of enemies. I was now stuck on the ship alone and couldn't use the navigation to head back to Dojo. Abandoning means I get nothing. In a flash I had boarders, hull breaches and a bomb. Try as I might the ship went boom and lost it all.

Hopefully they'll patch it so even though we are not flying our own ship we should be able to use the navigation once we are the host.

If you played a mission where you got an item,
but something happend where you lost that item,
contact the support desk, there is a button to it at the top of the forums.
Here is a link, https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.

~

"Missions, Nightwaves, and Events"
Category: "Missing End of Mission Reward"

or

"Arsenal & Inventory"
Category: "Missing Equipment or Inventory"

~

Tell them,
who you were playing with,
the items that were lost,
when the mission happened,
what mission you were in.

Edited by General_Durandal

I've been left in a similar situation before and have been able to use navigation to go back to the dry dock but I admit it is not very consistent. I think my first attempt said to give the ship back or something weird and I cringed and was about to say goodbye to my part but I tried going back to the dry dock a second time and was able to. Perhaps it is tied to whether or not someone left versus someone who was signed out of the game? In any case, I have been able to move on after the host left the two times it has happened to me.