Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for kick system

(PSN)SHO-GUN62

Hear me out, this one is probably as old as the hills, but it needs to brought back up. For the longest time, I've heard people ask when are we going to be able to kick people? Well, we can't and might never get the option to, that's why I'm making this post. Since the start of Empyrean (great update by the way), I've ran into quite a few people who I wouldn't mind being able to eject from my ship and keel haul for single handedly sabotaging the mission: gunners not shooting, hijacking the helm of my own ship and steering us straight into a hornet's nest of fighters while getting us torn to shreds, taking the helm and going inactive, refusing to help out because someone didn't get the role they wanted (gunner, pilot, etc) and so forth. I propose that a system be implemented so players can eject other players from their station on the ship and also kick them from it as well. Starting off small, as the owner of the railjack, being able to remove people from their station who are trying to grief or sabotage gameplay because they didnt get their way would solve many problems, but what if the problem persists? I propose that a system be implemented that allows for the captain to kick players from his vessel, no vote from crew, BUT that there be an approval system. If all remaining crew approve of the forced removal, your approval rating goes up. If the remaining crew mostly agree, but there is someone who doesn't agree with the decision, the outcome is neutral. If the crew overwhelming disagree with your decision, your rating drops, hit a certain approval rating and you lose your ability to kick and must play with whoever you get, regardless of circumstances. There is a lot of room for adjustment with a system like this, whether to raise or lower the threshold as needed or make adjustments to how it functions. I propose that this system be implemented into railjack missions to start and if proven to be a success, rolled out (albeit heavily modified) to standard gameplay in the form of a vote kick system. What are everyone's thoughts on this, as I would very much like feedback on this

TL;DR: DE should add a kick system to railjack so ship captains can remove troublemaking players and they get approval ratings to prevent abuse based on the kick.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)SHO-GUN62 said:

Hear me out, this one is probably as old as the hills, but it needs to brought back up. For the longest time, I've heard people ask when are we going to be able to kick people? Well, we can't and might never get the option to, that's why I'm making this post. Since the start of Empyrean (great update by the way), I've ran into quite a few people who I wouldn't mind being able to eject from my ship and keel haul for single handedly sabotaging the mission: gunners not shooting, hijacking the helm of my own ship and steering us straight into a hornet's nest of fighters while getting us torn to shreds, taking the helm and going inactive, refusing to help out because someone didn't get the role they wanted (gunner, pilot, etc) and so forth. I propose that a system be implemented so players can eject other players from their station on the ship and also kick them from it as well. Starting off small, as the owner of the railjack, being able to remove people from their station who are trying to grief or sabotage gameplay because they didnt get their way would solve many problems, but what if the problem persists? I propose that a system be implemented that allows for the captain to kick players from his vessel, no vote from crew, BUT that there be an approval system. If all remaining crew approve of the forced removal, your approval rating goes up. If the remaining crew mostly agree, but there is someone who doesn't agree with the decision, the outcome is neutral. If the crew overwhelming disagree with your decision, your rating drops, hit a certain approval rating and you lose your ability to kick and must play with whoever you get, regardless of circumstances. There is a lot of room for adjustment with a system like this, whether to raise or lower the threshold as needed or make adjustments to how it functions. I propose that this system be implemented into railjack missions to start and if proven to be a success, rolled out (albeit heavily modified) to standard gameplay in the form of a vote kick system. What are everyone's thoughts on this, as I would very much like feedback on this

TL;DR: DE should add a kick system to railjack so ship captains can remove troublemaking players and they get approval ratings to prevent abuse based on the kick.

This isn't a megathread, also there will never be any kind of kick system, ever. The reason is simple, we can't have nice things because people will always abuse it, even if you say "Hey punish those that abuse it" which can you honestly see Warframes lack of support team be able to make room for reports of kick abuse?
Before you say "Hey hire more support then" well this is DE we're dealing with.

• Like 2