Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo QOL (and a small rant)

(PSN)RazorPhoenix970

- The rift bound indicator needs to be changed, it is currently quite difficult to discern whether an enemy is in the rift or not especially with all the VFX going on and Limbo generally trying to stay alive.

- I don't quite understand why Banish has a downward scaling duration on bosses/special enemies, it's only allowing Limbo to isolate the enemy (since Stasis flat out doesn't work) so please could banish function for its full duration

- Following from above I find it strange that a part of Limbo's kit just won't work in any shape or form, if the hard CC that is Stasis is deemed too strong then lessen it's effect somewhat: maybe the boss will be rooted to the spot but can still attack or have the boss be slowed by 50%. This problem plagues frames who rely on their CC to survive and I'll probably make a post providing solutions for many such frames and abilities

- I can't fathom the sense in Nullifiers managing to pull Limbo out of the rift (when he himself engages a nullifier bubble while in the rift), I mean he's in a different plane of existence altogether. There are a few other enemies who are guilty of this as well, predominantly Corpus, who somehow gained the ability to attack across PLANES OF EXISTENCE with no void shenanigans whatsoever and on top of that they're seemingly unaffected by anything Limbo does. That's just not fair to Limbo at all (and logic)

17 minutes ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

- I can't fathom the sense in Nullifiers managing to pull Limbo out of the rift (when he himself engages a nullifier bubble while in the rift), I mean he's in a different plane of existence altogether. There are a few other enemies who are guilty of this as well, predominantly Corpus, who somehow gained the ability to attack across PLANES OF EXISTENCE with no void shenanigans whatsoever and on top of that they're seemingly unaffected by anything Limbo does. That's just not fair to Limbo at all (and logic)

If he was in a different plane of existence altogether, you wouldn't see anything, touch anything, do anything. The Rift is a frame ability and Nullifiers end frame abilities.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The Rift is a frame ability and Nullifiers end frame abilities

Indefinite stay in the rift is his passive, Nullifiers bringing him out of the rift means they outright nullify his passive which in my view is unfair to him because no other frame experiences this. The worst that happens elsewhere is that the passive effect degrades otherwise the passive still functions.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Please explain how you can degrade this without outright turning it off.

Wasn't my point, it was more of an example. My point was that most other frames don't have their passives turned off by Nullifiers, some frames like Nidus and Gauss whose passives are meter based have the meters degrade instead. In Limbo's case his passive is "I can freely move in and out of the rift" and "I can stay in the rift forever", no part of this can be degraded so then following the precedent set by other frame passive it shouldn't be turned off by Nullifiers.

The only frame whose passive is sensibly nullified is Grendel. His armor bonus is dependent on Feast, an ability so a Nullifier or Sap Scrambus/Comba nullifies Feast thereby nullifying his passive. Limbo's existence in the rift isn't an active ability, its a passive therfore you'll find that there's no Scrambus/Comba unit that can bring you out of the rift because it doesn't fall in any ability category however Nullifying fields produced by Nullifiers, Isolator Bursas and Disruption Conduits (it's the same type of field) can somehow nullify a passive which to me is inconsistent with how they apply to any other case.

1 minute ago, (PS4)RazorPhoenix970 said:

so then following the precedent set by other frame passive it shouldn't be turned off by Nullifiers.

The precedent is Nullifiers nullify frame powers. Either degrading stacks or outright disabling them. The goal is to leave the frame vulnerable and unable to use its abilities. Limbo, and every other frame, is subject to this.No, Limbo will never be immune to Nullifiers. His ability to shift in and out of the Rift is part of his abilities. It was moved to his movement ability, but never stopped being part of his kit.

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

No, Limbo will never be immune to Nullifiers

I never said Limbo must be immune to Nullifiers, even if Nullifiers couldn't bring him out of the rift his abilities still wouldn't work because:

Banish - enemies under the bubble can't be targeted, Limbo has to be on the same plane in order to Banish if he so happens to be in a Nullifier bubble it won't work because he is on the same plane as the bubble

Stasis - only works in the rift anyway, if Limbo comes out of the rift then it's outright nullified

Rift Surge - Surge charge is an ability that can materialise in the material plane, when it does it makes sense that a Nullifier field can then remove it

Cataclysm - Contact with a Nullifier field collapses it immediately

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

His ability to shift in and out of the Rift is part of his abilities. It was moved to his movement ability, but never stopped being part of his kit.

The game doesn't classify it as so since a Slo Scrambus/Comba (which disables movement abilities) can't stop him from moving in and out of the rift, so I disagree. It was an ability before his rework but it became his passive and the integral part of how he works and survives. We can probably agree to disagree on this I guess