Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Rush Impossible

Azrakel54

So after trying the archwing rush mission on phobos I have to say. Who in the heck designed these missions? The Archwing rush missions are a complete mss espicially for new or low level players. Its almost as if u eathier need pay to win mechanics to beat it or u need to be high level. So my questions 1. why the low time limit? Its just not fun having to rush through a mission literd with mines where they justcompletly impede player progress buy stoping player movement. 2. The ridiculously low time limit. The time limit should be 3 minuts max. Perhaps mb 2.5 minuts at most. this ensures enough time to at least destroy all 3 transports. But agian at low level having limited equipment? Its impossible to pull off as by the time you destroy the drones and the ships the third has taken off and boom u lose out on rewards possibly fail the mission. Agian whoever designed the rush missions needs to be fired they certainly did a number on impeding player progress

It's not an equipment check, it's a skill check. Skills were you know when to fly in normal speed, when to 'sprint' and use boosters, when and how to take corners and destroy the freeze mines or take routes to dodge them 

The standard gear you get is actually the best for this, just load up your gun with as much dmg mods as possible to take out the mines easily. 

For the actual course, the mission is called 'rush' but rushing is the worse thing you can do. Flying in normal speed is the best thing you can do, this will ensure that you don't take bumps and miss corners and that you shoot out the freeze mines 

There will be long stretches that you need to boost in, for those you just need to hit the boost key once and hold it for a little while, a couple of secs. The boost has a momentum to it so you don't need to keep holding it 

There's also a way that you don't get knocked back when you hit walls and it'll ensure somewhat safer cornering, and that is to zoom in with your gun, it makes you not get knocked back and also makes you flying a bit slower and more precise just enough for you to pass through a narrow path 

Do these and you should be good. I always have 60-30sec on the clock still when doing this while destroying all 3. Again, AW Rush mission is all about skill 

Edited by GinKenshin
  • Like 1

Enemies in normal Archwing will certainly be difficult to Kill without certain Mods. having both the Elecrtic and Toxin Elemental Mods will in just about every situation triple or more your Damage.
Modding for Corrosive Damage is extremely recommended, in normal Archwing. that plus some core Damage Mods will be sufficient for you to deal more than sufficient Damage to not only Kill the Mines, but to also deal with the Transports at the end before they escape.

for both of these Mods, i would recommend playing the Archwing Interception on Uranus, Caelus. the two Mods are in the Mission Rewards in Rotation A and B, as well as drops from Lancer Dregs (the Enemies that hit you with a slowing Laser).
once you have those two Mods, everything in normal Archwing should feel massively easier.

7 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Again, AW is all about skill 

no it isn't. it's about having the Mods to overcome the numbers that oppose you.

Edited by taiiat

Since this thread is specifically about Kepler, Phobos, it most definitely is not a gear check.  This is a low level planet (lvl12-14) and you CANNOT be killed by enemy fire, they do too little damage to be a threat. Just ignore and fly past them. The only thing you need to focus on are the mines that slow you down. You can literally do this mission with zero mods equipped with the started Archwing gear and have plenty of time to spare. This mission is all about control and quick response reaction from the player.

I made this video years ago when we had a different flight mechanics for archwing but all the advice I wrote in the video still applies today.

14 hours ago, Azrakel54 said:

So after trying the archwing rush mission on phobos I have to say. Who in the heck designed these missions? The Archwing rush missions are a complete mss espicially for new or low level players. Its almost as if u eathier need pay to win mechanics to beat it or u need to be high level. So my questions 1. why the low time limit? Its just not fun having to rush through a mission literd with mines where they justcompletly impede player progress buy stoping player movement. 2. The ridiculously low time limit. The time limit should be 3 minuts max. Perhaps mb 2.5 minuts at most. this ensures enough time to at least destroy all 3 transports. But agian at low level having limited equipment? Its impossible to pull off as by the time you destroy the drones and the ships the third has taken off and boom u lose out on rewards possibly fail the mission. Agian whoever designed the rush missions needs to be fired they certainly did a number on impeding player progress

I did this mission first try without any proper mods. You don't even need mods to pass this. idk what issues are you having that's impeding your progress. Last time I checked, you could just brute force and/or blink through all the mines.

If you have amesha the mission becomes stupidly easy. It is a terribly designed mission because it was designed using old tiles that were made for different things. Had rush got its own unique tiles it might be more enjoyable but it should be removed from the game imo.

2 hours ago, More-L said:

If you have amesha the mission becomes stupidly easy. It is a terribly designed mission because it was designed using old tiles that were made for different things. Had rush got its own unique tiles it might be more enjoyable but it should be removed from the game imo.

Having Amesha by the fourth archwing mission of the game on the fifth planet of the game is asking a hell of a lot. I know by phobos I didn't even know there were other archwings than the odonata yet.