Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Shift


(PSN)Okamibanshu22
 Share

Recommended Posts

So i was playing and something dawned on me, it would be kinda cool if we had Exilus Adapter mods that had elemental shifts on them. Examples such as:

Ice Shift: Shift warframes primary element to ice damage. If Warframe already uses ice gain 10% damage bonus to all ice abilities.

While obviously this would be a HUGE thing to do, i say this because people LOVE their warframes, so being able to change its element to fit the play style could be fun. Plus, if you REALLY wanted to, you could create combo elements on your warframe and such by using two of these mods just like on weapons.

Just a thought, but i personally would love a Fire Frost warframe lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This would be really similar to the native elemental ehancement given by Spoiler: Kuva Weapons. If you want led to give any weapon an elemental bonus...there would need to be a major resource and convience cost to the player to keep some semblance* of balance. (Which Warframe will always have some difficulty with...because CO-Op Guyvering).

Like...you could never forma the weapon again if you put the native elemental enhancment on the weapon. You would have to get another copy of the weapon if you had another build mechanic that you wanted to try.

It also add months to any Hardcore player's involvement, as they would need to farm said elemental excilus forma, and then perfect the build they want...before applying said excilus forma.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lukarith said:

This would be really similar to the native elemental ehancement given by Spoiler: Kuva Weapons. If you want led to give any weapon an elemental bonus...there would need to be a major resource and convience cost to the player to keep some semblance* of balance. (Which Warframe will always have some difficulty with...because CO-Op Guyvering).

Like...you could never forma the weapon again if you put the native elemental enhancment on the weapon. You would have to get another copy of the weapon if you had another build mechanic that you wanted to try.

It also add months to any Hardcore player's involvement, as they would need to farm said elemental excilus forma, and then perfect the build they want...before applying said excilus forma.

 

weapons? who brought weapons into this? Its for the warframe and only the warframe. I even said abilities. The idea is to shift your warframes elemental properties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (PS4)Okamibanshu22 said:

Its for the warframe and only the warframe. I even said abilities. The idea is to shift your warframes elemental properties.

Ok....that still doesn't change the need to balance against other, non-elemetal altered frames. I guess it could be something simple, like it takes up both warframe arcane slots, like the amp elemental changes. That would make the change reversible as well.

In general though, this seems like it will steepin the power creep of the game, especially since limiting the damage types of certain frame abilites is one of the methods that DE uses "balance" the game. This is why there are no Corrosive Kuva weapons in the lich drop table.

Just imagine if you gave Volt a toxic shift. Every enemy with armor on the battlefield will have it stripped whenever he uses his 1. Or if you gave Saryn heat, suddenly the whole field is full of gas clouds from all of the guaranteed proccs that she causes.

I like the idea, but I think it should come with at a heavy price for any player that wants to specialize a frame in that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lukarith said:

Ok....that still doesn't change the need to balance against other, non-elemetal altered frames. I guess it could be something simple, like it takes up both warframe arcane slots, like the amp elemental changes. That would make the change reversible as well.

In general though, this seems like it will steepin the power creep of the game, especially since limiting the damage types of certain frame abilites is one of the methods that DE uses "balance" the game. This is why there are no Corrosive Kuva weapons in the lich drop table.

Just imagine if you gave Volt a toxic shift. Every enemy with armor on the battlefield will have it stripped whenever he uses his 1. Or if you gave Saryn heat, suddenly the whole field is full of gas clouds from all of the guaranteed proccs that she causes.

I like the idea, but I think it should come with at a heavy price for any player that wants to specialize a frame in that way. 

i'm not saying it would be easy, i'm saying it would just be a concept. for that matter, you don't need to make EVERY enemy have acces to all of them. They could be like the alteration mods that exist already. Frost gets a fire shift, Ember an ice shift, instaed of fire pillars ice pillars :D, saryn swaps to i dunno, explosive maybe? nidus to electric, volt to straight toxin, stuff like that. The combo idea was just a second thought to it wouldnt' be needed. Plus would be cool to be able to swap around the non elemental ones to to be fair 😄 Like come on, can you honestly tell me you woudln't lov erolling/running around as a fire Gauss, or an ice Grendel? 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...