Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locking Asteroid bases after they've been cleared causes literally nothing but problems.


(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Console doesn't have universal drops yet, which is problem number one.  You have to trust the away team not to screw you over.

No one can go in and get the resource drops either, no idea if those are also universal on PC or not.

But there's another issue, and it's airlock sensitivity.  Sometimes you spam X right next to an airlock on a base or crew ship and nothing happens.  Sometimes it takes right away.  This leads to developing the habit of double tapping to make sure you enter or exit, but on asteroid bases it quite often means that if you double tap to leave you end up leaving and immediately re-entering.  When you complete the objective inside and the base locks (for literally no reason.) this has more than once resulted in me accidentally attempting to re-enter due to double tap, but because the game considers the base locked, my entire game locks up and I get sent to my xbox's home screen, losing TONS of drops in a game mode where the drops already feel like complete and total BS even with boosters on.

I have lost so many avionics and materials and ship parts because of the buggy, awful state you shipped this out in, I'm not even sure why I'm still playing this game.  This is infuriating and unacceptable.  This should never have been sent out in the state it's in, with it's hilariously awful economy (Have you learned literally nothing in the last several years?) balancing so poor it makes the main game look refined and smart, and a mess of bugs worse than several alpha's that I've played.

I honestly feel like players should be compensated in some way for the sheer amount of progress lost in this mode due to the constant bugs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Console doesn't have universal drops yet, which is problem number one.  You have to trust the away team not to screw you over.

No one can go in and get the resource drops either, no idea if those are also universal on PC or not.

They're not, and they need to be.

One person going in to do it wouldn't be a problem if they were universal.

But the other problem I've seen is that nobody opens the damn containers or lockers in there.

I usually make a point of getting in there myself specifically so I can do this. Everybody else who goes in ends up rushing past me straight to the objective/kill target, while I'm grabbing up hefty piles of resources.

No wonder everybody is complaining about resource grind, they're relying entirely on end-of-mission rewards. 😐
(Not saying the resource economy for Railjack isn't bad, just... people keep ignoring free resources)

Edited by DrakeWurrum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

(Not saying the resource economy for Railjack isn't bad, just... people keep ignoring free resources)

IME on console it's nearly impossible to find a crew that wants to stick around and blow up space rocks after the mission.  That's where all the titanium is.  And there are HUGE problems with the resource economy, but people aren't helping themselves or helping the argument by ignoring where the resources actually are.

You can't really argue "there's a problem with the economy" if the devs see that most of us aren't actually picking up the main source of titanium.  I DO pick it up after mission, I take huge amounts of time to clear out Earth nodes solo to farm the resources WITH a booster on and yeah, there's a huge problem with the economy.  But will they agree when they see so many people just blasting in and out of missions relying on end of mission rewards?

This honestly wasn't the point though.  The point is how much I and others have lost due to the game just flat out locking up so often from the sheer bug overload.  Some of these bugs wouldn't exist or be a problem if they didn't do things like arbitrarily lock the doors of an empty base, or allow enemies to spawn literally 40,000m from anywhere, IF they don't spawn out of bounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You can't really argue "there's a problem with the economy" if the devs see that most of us aren't actually picking up the main source of titanium.

Technically you can. You can argue that they're not placing the resources in a way that we enjoy collecting, or else they're not making the farming of containers/lockers/space debris rewarding enough for players to start caring about them again. They obviously do need to address costs, of course, but I think it's worth noting that a resource economy is based on both collecting and spending it.

They either need to double down on having us farm resources this way, to encourage the players to do it more instead of ignoring it (why include containers and lockers if we ignore them?), or else make the actual combat and mission completion more rewarding. I dunno about you, but I get genuinely annoyed by relic or Forma completion rewards. I did once get 1000 DIRAC from the mission with the sentient ship, purely from the completion. That's the kind of completion reward I want to see more of.

If a completion reward just chips away at our total needs for making progress on the ship, rather than allowing us to AT LEAST have a little gain (like upgrading an avionic one last time)... it's not really much of a reward.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

The point is how much I and others have lost due to the game just flat out locking up so often from the sheer bug overload.

Yes, but they're fully aware of that. They rushed this content out immediately before holidays, with no time to test, bugfix, or otherwise polish it - either before, or after, release, because then they went on holiday only a week later. They should have held on until after their holiday break if they wanted to avoid this kind of backlash from the community, imo.

They've said they "have a long list" of stuff to deal with to clean up Empyrean.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-29 at 3:20 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

Technically you can. You can argue that they're not placing the resources in a way that we enjoy collecting, or else they're not making the farming of containers/lockers/space debris rewarding enough for players to start caring about them again. They obviously do need to address costs, of course, but I think it's worth noting that a resource economy is based on both collecting and spending it.

That is a really fair point.  I suppose that because I do actually kind of like piddling around after a mission that I didn't even think about that.  It's probably mind numbing to some people.

As far as relic rewards at the end of a mission, it bothers me but I'm almost resigned to it since 90% of the reward tables in this game are straight BS.  There's zero thought put into any of them other than "make sure it's diluted so that they have to grind more."  They hide caches in sabotage missions and I think it's actually fun finding them but there's literally nothing worthwhile in 99% of the ones you open so it's normally not worth it to me if I'm solo and I'd never hold up the squad for spare change and 3 bronze mods worth of endo.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-29 at 2:04 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

But the other problem I've seen is that nobody opens the damn containers or lockers in there.

I was opening all of them initially, but then I talked to my friends. Whenever I'm in a crew ship or astroid base or platform or whatever non-space objectives my friends were not getting any of the pick-ups I was.

They are only getting shared loot that is picked up specifically in the railjack or in space, not in any of the other mini-instances in the game mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I was opening all of them initially, but then I talked to my friends. Whenever I'm in a crew ship or astroid base or platform or whatever non-space objectives my friends were not getting any of the pick-ups I was.

They are only getting shared loot that is picked up specifically in the railjack or in space, not in any of the other mini-instances in the game mode.

I know this. It's still in my best interest to open them when I go in. When I would go in with other people, I'd see them racing through ignoring it all.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...