(XB1)TehChubbyDugan

Hear me out on the RJ vacuum issue.

Right now, you're in your Railjack and you're having a good time shooting fighters that are swarming you.  You pop one, and it has a cool spiral-off-into-space-and-die animation.  That's where it drops its loot.  You can't really go chasing it though because you have a dozen other fighters on you at the same time.  Loot gets forgotten, more fighters, more death spirals, loot is getting spread out, Cy chimes in with a "large transition signature" and over half the loot from the squadron you just downed is floating out in random spots all over the map as you head toward the Crew Ship, or a safe spot to launch your archwing from.

The mission is over now and you've got hundreds of resources just peppered across the map, and because of all the extra visual noise that the pilot sees, you pop out into your archwing and spend another literally 20 minutes picking up what you hope is titanium and checking to make sure that Zekti Bulkhead isn't hiding somewhere.  Because that's a great feeling, isn't it?  It's such a fun rush to think you might be leaving a <2% drop chance rare mod tucked behind some asteroid somewhere, or floating out on the horizon, barely visible.  Except it's not.  It's stressful, and it's genuinely frustrating.

I can see this from your perspective too.  You want the missions to take longer.  I know you do because you've explicitly stated during dev streams that you hate how fast we run missions.  You want us looking through the maps, to see all the hard work you put into the setting.  It's great, it sincerely is.  I love flying around in it.  In fact, I actually like flying around and mining the rocks and deposits and wreckage after I clear a mission.  What I don't like is the fact that I might miss out on a large part of drops I got from the fight, the drops I earned.  I don't like the idea that I could be missing out on the avionic I'm looking for.  And I really don't like how little I get for the amount of time it takes to complete the mission and then clear most of the resource nodes.

And like literally ALL of your players, I don't like the insane resource costs to build new parts.  I have a suggestion that fixes all of that nicely, and still provides a purpose for taking longer in the mission.  As an added bonus, it will mean you don't have to address the complete lack of loot radar in a state of the art ship or do anything about the extremely low visibility of drops.

Give us all the combat drops directly to our inventory as if we picked them up.  We earned those.  We should not have to earn them twice.  Then, hide large caches of resources in all the beautiful scenery that you've created.  Not like the rocks that drop a handful of titanium or whatever, leave those in.  Actually hide things in the wreckage, and decrepit towers and hollowed out asteroids.  Make it so people have to look for them, but make it worthwhile.  A big chunk of actually needed resources (not a 1,500 credit cache.  I know how you do.) tucked away in a hollowed out asteroid.  Avionics in the wreckage.  You could put all kinds of interesting and worthwhile items in rare spawn caches hidden in the orokin towers usually tucked away in the back of the map.  I always hate it when games have huge maps and tile sets and areas and then have nothing in them.  I despise finding a super duper hidden room that takes a lot to get to and there just being nothing in it.  That really cool feeling of "I bet almost no one ever sees this room." diminishes very quickly when you realize there's zero reason to see it.

Right now the only reason to explore the scenery is because you're making us earn our drops twice (we're already fighting the enemy and the RNG, do we really need to play 52 card pickup too?) but there's hardly a reward for looking around the map once you've given up checking anywhere else for that Bulkhead that just won't drop.  Instead of elongating the mission by spreading the drops we already earned all over the map and making us go back and pick them all up, give us an actual reason to keep looking around, because for a large number of the crews I've joined, those little space rocks aren't worth it after about 5 minutes, nevermind fully clearing the map out.  Stick a tradable Quellor BP in a rare cache in the tower in the back and I bet most crews will blast space rocks the whole way there.  Put a chance at dropping extra avionics in caches hidden in ship wreckage and People will probably go hunting those too.  Stick 1,000 titanium in a node inside hollow asteroids and people will be all over the map looking for them.  Put all of those things in the game and most Railjack crews will be crawling all over your set pieces like ants.  Missions take longer, everyone gets all their drops, and we actually get things we need as a reward for exploring and taking our time, instead of only getting what we already earned from the fight by playing Viscera Clean Up Detail: Warframe Edition.  You have to give players a good reason to stick around and scour your tilesets and take their time with a mission.  That's why people only care about certain sabotage caches and not others.  Put worthwhile rewards in your maps and stop hiding drops the player has already earned and everyone wins.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You pop one, and it has a cool spiral-off-into-space-and-die animation.  That's where it drops its loot.  You can't really go chasing it though because you have a dozen other fighters on you at the same time. 

To be fair, I do!

I have side-gunners for a reason.

I do very much agree that it's ridiculous though. I think for drops from kills in Empyreanc content, just as you suggest, it should just go to our inventory. We shouldn't have to "pick it up" - Not so long as we have to rely on visually sighting it to realize it's there.

Then, hide large caches of resources in all the beautiful scenery that you've created.  Not like the rocks that drop a handful of titanium or whatever, leave those in.  Actually hide things in the wreckage, and decrepit towers and hollowed out asteroids.  Make it so people have to look for them, but make it worthwhile.  A big chunk of actually needed resources (not a 1,500 credit cache.  I know how you do.) tucked away in a hollowed out asteroid.  Avionics in the wreckage.  You could put all kinds of interesting and worthwhile items in rare spawn caches hidden in the orokin towers usually tucked away in the back of the map.  I always hate it when games have huge maps and tile sets and areas and then have nothing in them.

Fully agree!

bill murray applause GIF

we're already fighting the enemy and the RNG, do we really need to play 52 card pickup too?

Perfect analogy.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I made a thread a few days ago suggesting the addition of resource drones to the railjack.  There is unused space below the forge that drone ports could be fitted into and during the mission deployed to sweep the map for loot.  To keep it from being free after building make them target-able by enemies so they need to be picked up and repaired with the omni from time to time.

9 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

I made a thread a few days ago suggesting the addition of resource drones to the railjack.  There is unused space below the forge that drone ports could be fitted into and during the mission deployed to sweep the map for loot.  To keep it from being free after building make them target-able by enemies so they need to be picked up and repaired with the omni from time to time.

Cool idea for the Command Intrinsic, I think.

17 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Cool idea for the Command Intrinsic, I think.

I honestly don't want them to gate picking up resources behind any more grind when we're already grinding for resources to begin with.  Even if they want to make it a physical thing that happens, like you've got an extractor drone that you activate after the fight is over and it has a timer you have to wait for while it goes and gets everything (not physically going to get it though, risk of bugs is too high) that's fine.  You can go exploring and mining for non-combat drops while you wait.  Mission still takes longer, you're guaranteed all your drops.

Basically:  Fight is over, you hit a button on a drone in the ship and it gives you a funny little salute before dropping down a tube on the way out of the ship, and then a timer starts.  You wait a couple of minutes and go exploring, and when the timer finishes you get all your drops in one go and you can leave or keep looking around for resources.  If you don't want to wait the couple of minutes on the drone, you can pick up what you see and bail like people are doing right now.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan

19 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

And like literally ALL of your players, except Uhkretor because things are fine for him as they are, (...)

I, however, think that the vacuum range is a bit short than it should be. 200m is almost at the Railjack's face.

Edited by Uhkretor

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I, however, think that the vacuum range is a bit short than it should be. 200m is almost at the Railjack's face.

Yeah, why bother improving quality of life?  We should bring back stamina while we're at it.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

We should bring back stamina while we're at it.

*looks at Railjack's limited boost uncomfortably*

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

I'd have to agree, loot in space should be automatically picked up.

I think the same should be done for ground as well, but I know that will never happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I grab loot everytime I kill something while out in Archwing, whenever I see something nearby (like a drop from a gunner kill), and when the rest of the group moves.

The biggest thing that I look for is where the RJ is. If they're fighting somewhere and zoom elsewhere I'll grab loot in the area we just were (lots easier then than scrambling around later). Unless you're killing a Flak, Outrunner, or Crewship grabbing loot should be your priority when in Archwing. You're grabbing mats to fabricate with and doing people a favor.

13 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I don't know about the RJ vacuum distance since you can't pull out your scanner and point it out the window, but at least for AW the vacuum distance is horribly broken and not even up to the distance it was supposed to be before they said they upped it in one of those patches the other week.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I don't know about the RJ vacuum distance since you can't pull out your scanner and point it out the window, but at least for AW the vacuum distance is horribly broken and not even up to the distance it was supposed to be before they said they upped it in one of those patches the other week.

I~... simply fly outside up to the Railjack's max vacuum range that DE has specified in one of the most recent updates and then look at the Railjack.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

I~... simply fly outside up to the Railjack's max vacuum range that DE has specified in one of the most recent updates and then look at the Railjack.

Right, but for measuring the vacuum distance, you'd need one person to try and get close to but not picking up some resource, then have another person in the ship creeping up while the AW person watched the distance that the resource got pulled in. I was doing my measuring solo. 😛

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I was doing my measuring solo.

But... that's how I measured it too...