Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why cant we use to rail jack to kill Eidelons and giant spiders

(PSN)deathstroke_dee

I've been thinking what it would be like if we can crash the darn big emperian space ship into those eidelons and giant spiders in fortuna !!

Atleast even pop a big black hole right on their face and suck them into space forever.

Why to use a tiny tenno and silly guns while we have a flying space monster doing nothing !!

Just my tenno thoughts

Atmospheric issues and aerodynamics ?

RJ may be void magic, but the interesting part of spaceships is that you don't give a f*ck about their shape. You can put reactors wherever you want and remove all wings or anything like that.

But Railjack doesn't seems to be able to land on planets. They're big and probably not made to fly in the air. 

That's the best non-completely bullS#&$ explanation I can give.

7 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

RJ may be void magic, but the interesting part of spaceships is that you don't give a f*ck about their shape. You can put reactors wherever you want and remove all wings or anything like that.

But Railjack doesn't seems to be able to land on planets. They're big and probably not made to fly in the air. 

The railjack trailer from tennocon 2018 showed the RJ landing in Orb Vallis. Not possible ingame but possible lore-wise apparently.

2 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Nah. As far as we're concerned they are able to fly in atmosphere.

It’s not about logic.

It’s the same reason why there is Ice on Venus and the Grineer haven’t used large scale neutron or antimatter bombs or fission or fusion  to solve problems on places like Cetus.

It’s the same reason that Alad V gets repeatedly killed when his lust for greed and power gets the better of him but he comes back.

The reason you can’t is simple:

It needs to fit the gameplay design and the narrative that supports said gameplay design.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It’s the same reason that Alad V gets repeatedly killed when his lust for greed and power gets the better of him but he comes back.

I actually have a headcanon for that one.

Alad V has a super secret clone base filled with clones of himself, the consciousness of each clone is updated daily and whenever Alad V bites the dust it pops out a clone.

That is literally the only other reason other than "It's a game don't think about it too hard".

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It’s the same reason why there is Ice on Venus and the Grineer haven’t used large scale neutron or antimatter bombs or fission or fusion  to solve problems on places like Cetus.

Orokin terraforming is why there is Ice on Venus, they preferred the cold i guess. the Unum has a giant dome around Cetus that protects it and disable technology, so even if a bomb made it through, it would be disarmed before it hit the ground.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

when you have as much money as Alad, who is still poor compared to Nef Anyo, but still likely a multi-trillionaire, you can afford the best tech to keep you alive. he probably has something like the New-U stations in borderlands (which apparently aren't canon, but are there for gameplay purposes, same kind of deal here really).

4 hours ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

It's a valid explanation, but... think about the Grineer and Corpus ships that fly in the open world areas. There's not a lot of aerodynamics going on there ;(  

6 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I doubt the Railjack can down them faster then we already can.

Don't think it'll be a thing, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

I'd agree with you there. The Mk3 railjack guns seem to be about equivalent to my Phaedra in terms of DPS. This is the post-nerf Phaedra, which now does something like 1/2 the damage that it used to do (previously, the stats of the land and space variants were roughly similar). The land phaedra, in turn, is flat out inferior to any high-DPS handheld weapon.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

The Unum prevents that kind of stuff.

It might have some kind of magic anti-tech field which stops nukes from going off and disables any large Grineer weapons, but I don't see that doing anything to stop the Grineer from just throwing asteroids at Cetus until it's a glowing crater.