Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do we play Empyrean ? read before you comment please !

MouadSaqui

Why do we play a video game ? this is a question that bothers me lately, and every time I tried looking for answers I find myself with similar questions like why do we spend money on cosmetics ? why do we pay real money to get a currency to pay for a booster that help with getting some goal achieved quickly ? Or else... we gonna have to grind for a hours and hours and wait for long "construction times" just to get what we want... isn't it obvious that if you put enough effort to achieve some goal you end u with result depends on the amount of effort you put in ? or ... is it possible that game devs nowadays do it intentionally so that they can make more money.....

I've been playing this game since PoE release, and from what I've heard from veterans, Warframe was Once about the community, when DE wasn't ready to sacrifice a part of their players on the behalf of a small minority that play the game on the week ends, I always found it weird when the game keeps reminding me to take a break every hour while I'm in deep enjoyment playing..

What Bothers me is the way DE treats their player base last two years, Its like they are trying to build some sort of a fortnite like player base where the players are brain dead and ready to spend money of skins even if the game S#&$, and when I talk about DE, I don't mean DE Steve or DE Rebecca or the others, I personally think they are awesome, when I talk about DE I mean the behind the scenes people, the guys in black suits that runs business, define monetization models and most importantly ruins FUN GAMES :)...

Waframe isn't the first game, If you are a Online gamer you know exactly how it starts, it always starts within you guys, Warframe's community right now is so divided, where players who wants challenge, then there is players who wants power, then there players who want grind, then there's players who want Only Skins, you see them talking about Ivara prime like its content we've been all waiting for, in reality what we've got is an unfinished broken game mode, that is purely imbalanced, filled with RNG elements, sometimes unplayable due to bugs, and on the top of all of that, We got repair drones, a forced Pay to Progress element that forces you to spend money instead of hours of your time...

back when fortuna failed in the first month of its release, I promised myself to give this game a chance of 1 year to be Fun again, and after playing Empyrean for 2 weeks, I got my final answer, This game may not survive in the long term if DE Keeps alienating its player base, People will leave and move on with their lives just like they did with every game that they used to enjoy then it turns out to be a big cash grab game, with time players will find another MMO to call Home, and there is nothing DE can do to stop that from happening.

and finally I have a Question for you DE, What did you really gain from this recent update ? a few players who joined the grinding party ? do you know what happened to new player who joined bcs of Empyrean trailer ? they played for 2 or 3 days and left the game, I recruited some of the new players in my Clan and all of them are currently Offline......... there is only few of still play, you know why ? bcs they didn't get what you promised in 2 years of teasing Empyrean..... some of them didn't even manage to build there own ship bcs of the Insane Grind you put them into...

So please DE, Stop doing that 🙂 !

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

when I talk about DE, I don't mean DE Steve or DE Rebecca or the others, I personally think they are awesome, when I talk about DE I mean the behind the scenes people, the guys in black suits that runs business, define monetization models and most importantly ruins FUN GAMES :)...

What? aren't they who is getting most moneys?

I will admit over time I have seen DE progressively increase grind/Rng and it is worrisome. Especially since they always tout that "they are trying to reduce the grind". No they aren't. They don't need to try to do it, they could just do it.

High RNG models are basically DE conceding that they do not know how to stop hemorrhaging players after each update. They think that if there is always something to do, no matter how many times you've done it before, the completionist/collectionist/perfectionist in you will cause you to force yourself to farm that sentient rare cache, or that vidar reactor, or some other ludicrous chase reward. When in reality 99.9% of the time you are getting something of little to no value to your character progression.

This is the result of players complaining about "content drought". 

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-29 at 1:55 PM, MouadSaqui said:

-snip-

All the things that can be bought are made to skip the grind, not the build time. You actually have options to skip build time if you grind resources for everything else.

What I think about when I read your post is that you're envious of people who bought Repair Drones, evidenced by how you say it's a "forced pay to progress element," which contradicts your "should have skipped just the build time" thing now.

1. There are no "black suits". Part of the people we see on a daily basis are likely also behind the decisions on monetization. Which currently is a fair monetization model with only a wee bit of mandatory spending, if you cannot put up with farming items to sell for plat. Nothing has really changes in several years regarding monetization.

2. The grind in Empyrean is minimal. It has been out 2 weeks and I've got my RJ with only a few top end avionics missing, though Predator is the only one I really want that I dont have. The rest of the items are within more than acceptable stat ranges both when it comes to armaments and component. This has also been achieved with zero use of drones, or boosters for that matter. Aside from that I'm missing one part of the Shedu and I've barely hunted for it. Oh gosh the horror, two weeks needed in a new game mode to reach near BiS gear, what on earth, saturn and in the veil were they thinking! Such grind, almost like an asian MMO!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

This game may not survive in the long term if DE

Here on forums I keep seeing experts predicting Warframe won't survive for long because [reasons] since 2014 (I've started playing in 2014). You know, the game existed long before you've started playing it. It's already past 6 years mark if you count CBT. Is 6 years not a long term already? What is then? 10 years? 20? 30?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xBloodySin said:

All the things that can be bought are made to skip the grind, not the build time. You actually have options to skip build time if you grind resources for everything else.

What I think about when I read your post is that you're envious of people who bought Repair Drones, evidenced by how you say it's a "forced pay to progress element," which contradicts your "should have skipped just the build time" thing now.

Wonder if he is as upset and envious over people that buy weapons from the market, because that is pretty much the exact same thing as buying a drone, even slightly better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

I mean, yes, you're right but there is also a limit. What if the turrets cost you 150k titanium and 14k asterite instead? Do you still say the same thing? At some point the option to "grind" becomes a fallacy because you could spend 1 dollar or grind for 10 lifetimes. Exaggerated example but you get the idea.

Definitely not saying WF is pay2win. Just saying there is a point where your argument breaks down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wonder if he is as upset and envious over people that buy weapons from the market, because that is pretty much the exact same thing as buying a drone, even slightly better.

there is a big difference between buying a weapon from the market with plat that you wanted, and a BS RNG system that you have to grind your way through in order to get the best gear for your ship, and good luck spending tons of resources on every wreckage you get, or you could just skip the grind with 50 plat ^^

Just now, Skaleek said:

I mean, yes, you're right but there is also a limit. What if the turrets cost you 150k titanium and 14k asterite instead? Do you still say the same thing? At some point the option to "grind" becomes a fallacy because you could spend 1 dollar or grind for 10 lifetimes. Exaggerated example but you get the idea.

Definitely not saying WF is pay2win. Just saying there is a point where your argument breaks down.

You're still the once who decides if you need that mythical turret that costs you that much. Is it completely impossible to complete the content without it? How long have you played the mode before wanting that turret? How many resources did you gather? How may resources did you waste with tiny improvements along the way?

My argument will only "break down" if some upgrade completely blocks someone from playing the game at all - any of it - unless they do some month-long grind or buy something with Platinum. Until that point all there is are people who want to progress fast, but neither buy Repair Drones nor grind extensively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

people here doesn't seem to understand what I said, I never said its P2W, pay to win is not possible in a game with no competitive aspect in it, my problem is with the GRIND on the top of GRIND on the top of GRIND, ruled by an RNG GOD, that happens to accept Platinum sacrifices in order to skip the grind entirely ..... this game is a joke man ! sorry white knights but its what it is. Accept it !

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Uh... I want you to think about the argument that you just made. It's not based on what exists, it's based on carrying the argument so far beyond what we have that it is a stronger argument for what they said than what you are trying to say. 

Argumentum ad absurdum, isn't a good way to make a point. 

Just now, MouadSaqui said:

there is a big difference between buying a weapon from the market with plat that you wanted, and a BS RNG system that you have to grind your way through in order to get the best gear for your ship, and good luck spending tons of resources on every wreckage you get, or you could just skip the grind with 50 plat ^^

As I said, buying weapons are even better, so what exactly is the problem with drones that arent even that beneficial and cost far less? Why would you spend resources on all wreck you find to begin with? Maybe uhm... inspect the items first before wasting resources on them? I've had 2 pieces that I've re-repaired since I got better stats on them. Never really felt it was a grind obviously, since it has taken me two weeks only to kit out the RJ.

3 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

You're still the once who decides if you need that mythical turret that costs you that much. Is it completely impossible to complete the content without it? How long have you played the mode before wanting that turret? How many resources did you gather? How may resources did you waste with tiny improvements along the way?

You do need the mk3 turrets for the veil to not be tedious. You would need to build them. 

And I agree we aren't there yet. DE even tried to offset this by making sigma series cost less. 

But there is also a trend DE is following despite stating the opposite. DE wants to reduce grind/burnout but their recent development decisions do the opposite.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... I want you to think about the argument that you just made. It's not based on what exists, it's based on carrying the argument so far beyond what we have that it is a stronger argument for what they said than what you are trying to say. 

Argumentum ad absurdum, isn't a good way to make a point. 

A simple example to demonstrate a limit is not absurd, thanks. I even expressly stated it was exaggerated, but shows that there is a point where OP's point becomes a valid concern. Didn't say we were there today, but I've definitely noticed a shift higher up on that curve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

As I said, buying weapons are even better, so what exactly is the problem with drones that arent even that beneficial and cost far less? Why would you spend resources on all wreck you find to begin with? Maybe uhm... inspect the items first before wasting resources on them? I've had 2 pieces that I've re-repaired since I got better stats on them. Never really felt it was a grind obviously, since it has taken me two weeks only to kit out the RJ.

bruh, You make no sense at all... let say you got an MK3 part and you spent all of your resources to build it, then the next mission you got a better one, min maxing your gear will be really hard if you decide to got there, plus we currently do not have any option to cancel contributions if already done, this make the gind even harder... you got the idea now ?  

14 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

sorry white knights but its what it is

As soon as you say something like this you are losing your credibility. White Knight is a myth thrown around these forums. I've seen people who are responding in this thread give DE a hard time for things they think are wrong with the game. They just do not share your point of view. Accept that.

You are falling into the trap most people do on these forums, if you make grand statements like "the game is going to die because x", no one will take you seriously because we've all been around long enough to see people claim the same thing since 2013.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1