Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ai Shooting A Little Too Good At Times?

Eggus

Any of you guys feel that it's ridiculous how you can run from cover to cover and in that duration of that sprint, receive almost every single bullet that the enemies shoot endlessly at you? I mean, the rate where you receive the damage is the same when running from one side to the other side and when you are charging straight at the enemy.

It doesn't feel real to me. I have played many shooter games and have not felt that the AI shooting can be so "locked-on" since this game. It's like they can so easily follow your quick movement and at the same time make sure every bullet they shoot is planted into you, unless you are covered.

It's just a feeling I get. Anyone else feel the same?

Edited by Eggsss

Kinda, yea......especially when the heavy gunner, the ones with gorgons, hit you with every bullet. Hurts a lot when your doing T3 void runs, I have the same feeling at time but other times well i dont know just weird at times to me.

Edited by QuinnsWing

well the ai is as silly and underpowered as it is, having them auto lock you is kinda well nice since their really weak. well besides those flamethrower dudes. 

Be happy that they dont suck like those storm troppers.

Edited by Fammia

they are too good at aiming at us.

i know that programming an AI is hard, i do. maybe the one in charge forgot to make them a bit more "human". it fits Moas perfectly, but high level Grineer feels awkward (the low level one isn't too obvious since the fire rate isn't that high).

I actually just noticed something interesting, if you circle-sprint around any gun-toting enemy, regardless of whether or not their weapon is hitscan, they'll be incapable of hitting you. I was actually surprised this applied to the Grineer, I always thought it was only Corpus guns that couldn't keep up with you.

That being said, if you charge a Grineer head-on they can still hit you even when sprinting, so when your completely surrounded you're pretty much screwed. And yeah, it's strange how they can land so many accurate shots with a Gorgon of all weapons from a courtyard away, so maybe an accuracy deduction is in order.

I think that might be lag that's getting you.

I have never had this problem though, so i can't say

the lack of lag is what will do it, unless there's so much lag that you never see any enemies moving.

i wholeheartedly agree that hosts get the short end of the stick, enemies are about 100% accurate, while for the other 3 Tenno, a considerable amount less. 

one of the few games where not being the host actually makes the game feel more engaging and 'realistic'. 

Agreed.  I've adapted to this for the most part so it's less the difficulty aspect that bothers me and more the tactical aspect.  Dodge rolling, serpentine runs, etc -- useless, or near enough.  If you need to take out a dangerous enemy from close range, you literally do just charge straight at them and kill them before they kill you.

well the ai is as silly and underpowered as it is, having them auto lock you is kinda well nice since their really weak. well besides those flamethrower dudes. 

Be happy that they dont suck like those storm troppers.

that ai lock isn't as fun when they're lvl 100 and can drop your shield in seconds...