Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PARAGON | Duplicate Frame concept

(PSN)JAyMaN002

“Behold, our Paragon. The multiplier. A maelstrom of war.” 

Passive - Resource & Credit rate increases with each additional clone by 6% percent. 
To duplicate, Paragon must use his Phalanx Meter. Clones are cumulative of how filled that meter is. His 4th ability, requires a 1000% full meter & max # of clones to activate. 

Health: 300 / 500 
Shield: 250 / 400
Energy: 200 / 300 
Armor: 420 
Sprint: 1.10 

1. Power Grip: At close range, grapples an enemy with both hands, absorbing their life force, and tossing them away. At mid-range, launches a grappling hook pulling them into his grip. Lethal damage charges into his Phalanx meter. Hold the cast to add a chance of his target dropping a health, energy, or affinity pickup. The grapple hook is influenced by the element of his melee weapon. 
(Augment—Victual Grip: Survivors are proc’d with Radiation. Lethal damage from his grip has a 100% chance of a health, energy, and affinity drop. Hold for an additional 45% chance of credits or endo.

2. Duplication: Hold for maximum cast. Sacrificing from his Phalanx meter, Paragon divides himself, each clone utilizing 1 weapon each, randomly from his kit—25% less damage.  (Clone amount by Rank: 3 - 5 - 7 | Fixed maximum, unaffected by mods). Clones operate like Specters, reflective of whatever the current level of the mission is. As mission levels scale, his clones will remain the same. Paragon’s clones will substitute lethal damage instead of him at the cost of 50 energy each time (unaffected by efficiency mods). If he lacks the energy, it wall draw 50 Health. All lethal damage done by clones adds to Phalanx meter. He can toggle 7 specific enemies for each clone to target. 

3. Catalyze: Clones are paralyzed, and converted to energy statues. In this from, Enemy projectiles at very close range are absorbed by them (A number will appear beside his health bar, indicating the total amount of damage the clones have absorbed). Paragon has a secondary Toggle Ability that can command the stored projectiles to be ricocheted between each clone, charging damage with each additional transfer. Finally, it strikes the nearest enemy with an explosive ball of energy, a 100% knockdown AoE. Using his 1st on a Catalyzed clone drains all damage they’ve stored into his next grapple attack. Recast to reactivate the clones, or hold to detonate them. Close range Radiation procs are dealt from their explosion. Energy based duration.
(Augment—Radioactive Catalyst: He & allies can melee strike Catalyzed clones for 100% radiation damage (Duration: 6 - 9 - 12s

4. The Phalanx: At max Clones & 1000% meter, Paragon sheathes his weapons, fusing with his clones instead. They become his greater form, the Phalanx. Become giant in size, doubling his armor, and utilizing the Phalanx Meter as a health bar. Sacrifices gear & mobility options such as rolling, bullet jumping, & also fitting through doors (lol). Meleeing in Phalanx form consists of blocking, stomping, and slow but destructive swipe attacks. In this form, Paragon unlocks a new powerset: 
  1. Power Crush: Hold the cast to grab a single enemy, consuming them with radiation and toss their corpse like a radioactive grenade. Or tap the cast, simply crushing them, using their energy to feed the Phalanx meter. 
  2. Mighty Clash: Pounds his fists together emiting a pulse that stuns enemies and vaporizes projectiles. 
  3. Phalanx Stomp: With his foot, emits a radioactive shockwave, ragdolling & confusing the surviving enemies. Hold cast to increase its distance. 
  4. Minimize: Hold to revert Paragon & his clones to normal size. 
Holding the cast consumes 15 additional energy. In the rare case of dying in Phalanx form, Paragon & his clones are all downed at once. Reviving any of his clones will spawn the original Paragon in that clone’s position, thus reviving every clone with him. If he revives himself, he respawns as he was. 

“Our enemies tried silencing Paragon in the past, Tenno. But this one-man army cannot be stopped.” 

note: I pictured him as a Sci-fi gladiator with a false face as his helmet. And I suck at drawing, so imagine this image but a swirling pool of energy on the top half, sorta like Mag/ Trinity Prime. 

wx0glDu.jpg

Skip to 2:05.

I seems like you want your frame to be the ultimate farming frame that removes all need for credit or resource boosters, or player attention when in low level content. 

His "1" sounds like an instant kill ability, and I presume it charges his Phalanx meter at some rate per kill. Does he have synergy with the clones that they also feed the phalanx meter?

His "3" also seems really over powered. Not only does he get a bullet shield that will agro enemies, but he also can redirect their stored damage to his next cast of his "1". Damage scaling alone would let that attack vaporize any high level target...maybe ever some bosses. Plus his "1"ability is an melee attack, Nova still has to be a little careful with her aim to get a charged anti matter drop to its destination.

il y a 52 minutes, Lukarith a dit :

Skip to 2:05.

I seems like you want your frame to be the ultimate farming frame that removes all need for credit or resource boosters, or player attention when in low level content. 

His "1" sounds like an instant kill ability, and I presume it charges his Phalanx meter at some rate per kill. Does he have synergy with the clones that they also feed the phalanx meter?

His "3" also seems really over powered. Not only does he get a bullet shield that will agro enemies, but he also can redirect their stored damage to his next cast of his "1". Damage scaling alone would let that attack vaporize any high level target...maybe ever some bosses. Plus his "1"ability is an melee attack, Nova still has to be a little careful with her aim to get a charged anti matter drop to its destination.

Lmao @ 2:05! 
see I usually don’t do all the damage numbers for my characters, since the DEVs would probably tweak it themselves. But it’s not designed to be overpowered, just an alternative use for the clones. Say we’re doing a high-level survival for like 40 mins—Since the Clones level doesn’t scale with missions, they’d be less useful the higher we go. His 3 is meant to accommodate that by making them explosive devices, or turning their damage into a little charge for his 1st, since that & the synergy with the clones are crucial to elevating his meter.
Now, he could turn the clones back on, or just destroy them, and recast later for new clones at the current level we’re at. 
I tried my best to balance out the clone strength, that’s why they’re restricted to a max of 7 (maybe 5/ or 6 realistically speaking). The ultimate goal is to get to his Phalanx form. I thought the game would have room for an Ant-Man style Warframe (maybe a little smaller).  

So...the clones will still be armed with a copy of your load out...possibly with copies of your mods. I still think it would be really easily broken..because imagine an Arbitration where you bring the Kuva Ogris, the arca plasmor like kitgun, and a the Jag Kitag. The amount of AoE and splash damage that you could put out would prevent any drone from getting through a corridor. Plus, that damage reduction on the clones is very easliy negated by Vigorous Swap, as that effects all of your damage sources.

I do think it would be cool to have a character like this in a fast third person platformer/ shooter...but I think it may be too powerful for Warframe.

Edited by Lukarith
Spellong error

Il y a 1 heure, Lukarith a dit :

So...the clones will still be armed with a copy of your load out...possibly with copies of your mods. I still think it would be really easily broken..because imagine an Arbitration where you bring the Kuva Ogris, the arca plasmor like kitgun, and a the Jag Kitag. The amount of AoE and splash damage that you could put out would prevent any drone from getting through a corridor. Plus, that damage reduction on the clones is very easliy negated by Vigorous Swap, as that effects all of your damage sources.

I do think it would be cool to have a character like this in a fast third person platformer/ shooter...but I think it may be too powerful for Warframe.

No wait lol you might’ve missed it, but each clone only gets 1 weapon from your loadout. an attempt to balance things out.
So we’re talking a max of 6 clones—2 with a primary, 2 with secondaries, & 2 with melees at random. 
I really wish I could draw out or animate my designs and give people the gist. It’s totally feasible. Also thank you for the feedback

I did follow that, but specters only have one weapon anyway, and I am not sure if you have witnessed the onslaught that is 4 Spectres with AoE weapons, but it can stop anything short of Noxs from get into a hold out room.

What if you played a load out with only one weapon? Would the clones be unarmed?

Il y a 6 heures, Lukarith a dit :

I did follow that, but specters only have one weapon anyway, and I am not sure if you have witnessed the onslaught that is 4 Spectres with AoE weapons, but it can stop anything short of Noxs from get into a hold out room.

What if you played a load out with only one weapon? Would the clones be unarmed?

Yup I see what you mean. They just adopt a weapon at random with less efficiency (no mods or anything either) if you’ve only got one then they’d all have that one, by default. 
This is probably why DE seems wary of Duplicator frames, cause a specter of Paragon would be sickening lmao 

I tried giving him the meter so his clone level stacks based off that. He’s similar to Baruuk or Nidus. Certain abilities are less effective/ less available if his meter isn’t a certain level 

How else could I balance out a Duplicator? 

The only other duplicator frame currently is Wukong, and he can be super broken if you run him with self damage weapons.

I am thinking the duplicates would only be able to balance with the power level of other frame abilites if the duplicates were not truely there, like mirages doppelgangers. They only existed to conduct the whatever attack.

Honestly though, the warframe setting would arguably be able to introduce more easily as a particular tenno NPC. They could just have lots copies that the transfer in and out of at will.

I am not familiar with the mythology you are drawing Paragon from. Is the duplication absolutely critical to the theme?

il y a 5 minutes, Lukarith a dit :

The only other duplicator frame currently is Wukong, and he can be super broken if you run him with self damage weapons.

I am thinking the duplicates would only be able to balance with the power level of other frame abilites if the duplicates were not truely there, like mirages doppelgangers. They only existed to conduct the whatever attack.

Masquer le contenu

Honestly though, the warframe setting would arguably be able to introduce more easily as a particular tenno NPC. They could just have lots copies that the transfer in and out of at will.

I am not familiar with the mythology you are drawing Paragon from. Is the duplication absolutely critical to the theme?

Ohhh the lore part. Right, I’m still drawing him up so that people will understand, but like the last quote says, he intended to be a one-man(Tenno) army. Not meant to be overpowered, but provide additional fire to enemies like Sentients & Grineer, buying people time to get away. I forgot to clarify that his armor scale goes down with each clone also. 

Here’s two of the best examples I could find

he launches his clone(s) like the snakes in the first video. And Lastly, they fuse into a larger version like the Decepticon in the second