Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new main Melee

bluewolf3

Question

Hi, 

Since melee has changed quite much in the last months, I finally decided to scrap my infested maiming zaw (which is starting to show its age) and get a new main melee for my lazy "take it into every mission, it will kinda work out" loadout. In my research about the topic I basically read/heard that Condition Overload>PPP, you want above average status chance, hybrid builds still work fine. I normally play Mirage with 268% strength, so my damage is amplified by my warframe. I already researched quite a bit I´m currently looking at the Prisma Dual Cleavers. Other weapons that are often recommended (like the Nikana P, Sigma&Octantis P or Ninkondi P) seem to have either similar or worse results. I tested for pure damage on a lvl 155 Nox. The builds I used were always Co, P. Reach, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter (maybe replace that with a potential Riven), Berserker, Drifting contact and two dual stat mods. The only weapon that would be an alternative is the Kronen Prime, which has a very good Riven Disposition.

Please tell me what you think

15 answers to this question

Hmmm, My go to melee right now is Fragor Prime with the following setup these days.

CswTFVG.jpg

The build hits like a buick though if your looking for a bit of nastiness that does well on basic attacks I'd recommend probably Fang prime with spinning needle TBH. The stance gets you a few guaranteed procs in addition to having a decentish crit/status chance baseline.

Condition Overload is only better than PPP iff you can either apply two status effects to the enemy before you hit them, or if the enemies you are facing are tough enough that a PPP/Sacrificial build can't kill them in the first two hits. Otherwise, CO takes too long to build up, and a normal build would have killed the enemy already.

Personally, I have been using Sacrificial Pressure, Sacrificial Steel, Killing Blow, and Corrupt Charge for heavy attack builds, or PPP and Blood Rush for light attack spam builds. Range, attack speed, and elementals are added to both builds, of course.

19 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Condition Overload is only better than PPP iff you can either apply two status effects to the enemy before you hit them, or if the enemies you are facing are tough enough that a PPP/Sacrificial build can't kill them in the first two hits. Otherwise, CO takes too long to build up, and a normal build would have killed the enemy already.

Personally, I have been using Sacrificial Pressure, Sacrificial Steel, Killing Blow, and Corrupt Charge for heavy attack builds, or PPP and Blood Rush for light attack spam builds. Range, attack speed, and elementals are added to both builds, of course.

He is testing under circumstances where Condition Overload is going to do better though. Though I would say that he would probably want to test under as close to live fire as he can get in the Simulacrum.

pick something that you like. Hybrid or bust as always, and then either decide if you want to spam Heavies or not (it doesn't matter which you pick - though non Heavy is better IMO since it's less clunky).

i wouldn't replace Organ Shatter with a Riven, even if you had a Crit Damage Riven, Organ Shatter would be one of the most important Mods on the Weapon. i'd sooner reconsider whether you actually 'need' the extra Range.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, taiiat said:

pick something that you like. Hybrid or bust as always, and then either decide if you want to spam Heavies or not (it doesn't matter which you pick - though non Heavy is better IMO since it's less clunky).

i wouldn't replace Organ Shatter with a Riven, even if you had a Crit Damage Riven, Organ Shatter would be one of the most important Mods on the Weapon. i'd sooner reconsider whether you actually 'need' the extra Range.

I don't think he's talking amalgam organ shatter just baseline organ shatter and while I would agree with you on AOS baseline version of the mod i really wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Girador said:

I don't think he's talking amalgam organ shatter just baseline organ shatter and while I would agree with you on AOS baseline version of the mod i really wouldn't.

...what?

either way Crit Damage is very powerful when you're uh... well, Critting, and both Organ Shatter (either version, idc) and a Riven with Crit Damage together (or Gladiator Might, same difference) are pretty strongly valuable because of it. Crit Damage explodes in power over 100% Crit Chance, after all.

• Like 1

I'm using a crit based mewan zaw right now (got a riven with crit damage, slash and melee damage on it). 

Build with both umbral mods, blood rush, fever strike and chilling grasp for viral and status chance boost, plus drifting contact Last slot I swap in besetker or organ shatter, depending on what I'm doing. I could use amalgam organ shatter instead if I'm going in for heavy attacks.

If I need to touch CO, I would pick fast melees like Kronen Prime, Orthos Prime, Kuva Shildeg, Dual Keres, etc, all of them have at least ok status chance.

Furthermore, melees have a lot of crucial mods that cannot be neglected easily, so I need a riven (sounds disgusting to some ppl but I dun give a damn). Riven allows me to have multiple crucial stats and save mod slots for other mods. For example my Dual Keres riven has 240% base damage and 74.9% attack speed so I don't need PPP and Berserker, I save it one slot for Sacrificial Steel or CO.

Edited by Diangelius

First of all thanks for all the answers

vor 11 Stunden schrieb -AoN-CanoLathra-:

The thing is that I mainly use my melees for enemies that are hard to kill with my Ignis (and that list is small), so having damage that scales makes a lot more sense imo.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb taiiat:

I´d only replace it with a Riven that has at least 80% Crit damage. Basically any of the mods can be replaced by a riven as long as they have at least nearly the stats of the mod

vor einer Stunde schrieb Diangelius:

If I need to touch CO, I would pick fast melees like Kronen Prime, Orthos Prime, Kuva Shildeg, Dual Keres, etc, all of them have at least ok status chance.

Furthermore, melees have a lot of crucial mods that cannot be neglected easily, so I need a riven (sounds disgusting to some ppl but I dun give a damn). Riven allows me to have multiple crucial stats and save mod slots for other mods. For example my Dual Keres riven has 240% base damage and 74.9% attack speed so I don't need PPP and Berserker, I save it one slot for Sacrificial Steel or CO.

The P Dual Cleavers are pretty fats, like I said before the Kronen P are also on my list.

Edited by bluewolf3

12 hours ago, bluewolf3 said:

Please tell me what you think

For the current update #AgeofHeavyAttacks, I think certain builds around heavy attack + slash proc is already powerful without Condition Overload.
Most weapons should have their "right builds" which makes the weapon godlike.
These "right builds" will keep changing as the game is updating.
You only need to find them.

Below is my current nikana build ( tested on level 170 bombard eximus, takes 2-4 hits, without warframe power buff ).
RRTlI1e.jpgNote : Riven mod is optional, this build is already powerful without it.

Edited by blimsoon
Corrections

3 hours ago, bluewolf3 said:

The thing is that I mainly use my melees for enemies that are hard to kill with my Ignis (and that list is small), so having damage that scales makes a lot more sense imo.

If that's what you are using your melee for, then go for heavy attack builds. Light attacks are more for clearing out groups of enemies.

A good heavy attack build (like the Nikana one above) will kill just about anything in a single hit, thanks to the guaranteed slash proc.

7 hours ago, bluewolf3 said:

I´d only replace it with a Riven that has at least 80% Crit damage.

the point was..... irregardless you'd still want to have both, from the perspective that generally Players are looking to hit multiple Crit Tiers. and if you are, which usually Players are now, you will want both Organ Shatter and any other Crit Damage Mod you're making space for.

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If that's what you are using your melee for, then go for heavy attack builds. Light attacks are more for clearing out groups of enemies.

nonsense. light attacks can Kill an Enemy in the same or less time as it takes to perform a Heavy(even from cold, if the Weapon is very good). but if you only want to use Melee on one Enemy once in a while and so hardly ever using it, then yes trying to speed up a Heavy to not be so slow for that 1/50 Enemies, then Heavies can make sense since you only want to use the Melee Weapon something like 5% or less of the time.

Silva & Aegis Prime is my go-to for most mission, when I'm not taking Murderer... I mean, Redeemer Prime.

S&A Prime is pretty bonker now since it deals Fire damage and only fire, and fire now melt armor. Stack it with Corrosive or transform it into a gaz weapons depending on the faction you fight and it's awesome.

Mine got Final Harbinger - CO - Riven (crit damage, status chance, combo duration with negative finisher) - PPP (or Organ shatters, tbh they are about as powerful since I got crit dmg on riven) - 2x 60/60 - Primed Fury (or Berserker) - Blood Rush - Primed Reach. It's honestly amazing. And very mobile too.

You can just replace the riven with Organ shatters + Drifting Contact and remove PPP.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze