Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that CO is very mandatory, Primed Pressure Point/Pressure Point/Sacrificial Pressure is now almost irrelevant.

DrivaMain

It's been 2 months since the melee 3.0 balance storm. Now people already adjust their builds. But there is one problem

Almost no one or the minority of players is using Primed Pressure Point / Pressure Point / Sacrificial Pressure. The only 1 case I see these mods have a use is in Redeemer Prime Eidolon hunting build.

The new Condition Overload already outperforms prime pressure point by a huge margin because of it's stackable properties. 2 status effects is enough to outperform it because it grant 240% damage bonus.

What should we do with this mod? I can think of 2 ways

1. Buff it from 120%(PP)/110%(SP)/165%(PPP) to 240%(PP)/250%(SP)/330%(PPP).

2. Increase total damage instead of base damage, making these mods worth using with Condition Overload. 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

No one is using Primed Pressure Point / Pressure Point / Sacrificial Pressure. The only 1 case I see these mods have a use is in Redeemer Prime Eidolon hunting build.

I am using them... post is invalid.
Just because YOU are not using them, dont assume the same for everything else.

Edited by DarkRuler2500
  • Like 3

I still prefer Pressure Point/Primed over Condition Overload, simply for the fact it gives a constant bonus. I dont want to wait for stacking bonuses for my weapon to be efficient, i just kill everything very fast as it is.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

2. Increase total damage instead of base damage, making these mods worth using with Condition Overload. 

Your weapon's Elemental damage is based on your weapon's IPS, this means your total elemental damage is lower if you use CO with no Pressure Point.

• Like 4

PPP is better than CO in many situations. It doesn't rely on status procs, you always have the damage bonus from it, so until a certain point it allows you to one-hit-kill enemies while CO requires 2 or 3 strikes. CO only becomes a more viable option if you're fighting high level tough enemies VULNERABLE to status procs. Although I certainly would like to have 30000% damage on PPP - cuz why not lmao

Ooh boy I'm not alone on this one, while I was typing 2 people already posted what I wanted to say. 

Edited by Lone_Dude
  • Like 6

• You can equip both mods on the same build. Some weapon builds are too tight and you'll have to pick one (hey look, now PPP is a choice instead of basically mandatory), but others don't and you can use both.
  • CO for Status weapons, PPP for full Crit, low-Status weapons.
  • CO needs a Status buildup to work. Use PPP if your build is going to one-shot enemies, and CO if it isn't.
  • Like 2

PPP and SP are still good,if not outright mandatory vs status immune enemies...plus they are used for heavy attack builds too.

Even if is not a heavy attack build,some are still willing to trade damage potential for better consistency...

My anti sentient/kuva lich melee builds uses the Sacrificial set,due to them being status immune...

Edited by DarthIronclad

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Your weapon's Elemental damage is based on your weapon's IPS, this means your total elemental damage is lower if you use CO with no Pressure

The new condition overload uses the same damage calculation as PP. 

12 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

PPP is better than CO in many situations

Gotta disagree on that one. Almost all enemy are vulnerable to status (literally all normal starchart enemies). Yes it has a use but not in many situation.

14 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

CO needs a Status buildup to work

It's very easy to buildup status nowadays. Priming an enemy or a group with a decent status primary or secondary for maybe less than a second allows your melee to deal insane damage.

5 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

plus they are used for heavy attack builds too.

Aren't heavy attacks force proc status? It's still better to use CO if that is the case.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's very easy to buildup status nowadays. Priming an enemy or a group with a decent status primary or secondary for maybe less than a second allows your melee to deal insane damage.

Building Status has been easy for a while. But hitting an enemy once is still easier than Status priming and then hitting an enemy once. So if you can one-hit the enemy with PPP and without CO, go for it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

have you tried equipping both?

I tried and it's not very effective. I would rather replace the mod with more crit chance or crit damage or atk speed or heavy attack or spring loaded blade mod that gives me more damage or range. 

Edited by DrivaMain

24 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Gotta disagree on that one. Almost all enemy are vulnerable to status (literally all normal starchart enemies). 

And literally all starchart enemies are too weak to bother with stacking CO on them since PPP just oneshots them. What about it? lmao Disagree all you want - numbers won't care. For most of the content PPP flat damage(basically crits) is perfectly fine. CO only REALLY matters for higher level content(higher than T3 sorties, arbis and Liches, kuva floods and ESO, since you'll either have nukers or buffers/debuffers if you go for long runs), endurance runs and certain weapons with gimped crit chance.

CO is nice if you're a simulacrum warrior, but most of the game simply doesn't require the amount of damage it can provide nor does it have the enemies that survive past the initial status stacking unless you get it from external sources, and then again, PPP doesn't even require you to proc status since it will just wipe things in 1 go.

Anyway, that's a Haha from me, pal and I don't even oppose PPP buffs. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I tried and it's not very effective. I would rather replace the mod with more crit chance or crit damage or atk speed or heavy attack or spring loaded blade mod that gives me more damage or range. 

So something like True Steel or Gladiator Might instead of Prime Pressure Point even though you already have Blood rush or Organ Shatter? Or even a +2 range spring blade?

Not every weapon is a crit weapon, not every weapon is worth even using Primed Reach on. However sure, make a blanket rule that Prime Pressure is useless and putting crit mods and range mods are better (even for weapons that can't really use them)... Tbh even throwing on miss-matched melee mods that are TERRIBLE will work now; they upped stats on a lot of "weaker" melee weapons, now every move in stances gives another multiplier on damage (I think the top ones give something like 5x or 6x a hit). Any weapon you use will tear through all enemies.

Don't believe me? a rank-30 UNMODDED Sheev wrecks face. Just do a sim, turn on AI (so you don't get the damage bonus for"unalerted" enemies), and spam heavy attack on a level 160 bombard. It will die in around 5 hits.

3 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

CO only REALLY matters for higher level content(higher than T3 sorties, arbis and Liches, kuva floods and ESO, since you'll either have nukers or buffers/debuffers if you go for long runs),

And that's the problem, mid to late game players play high level content almost all the time because that is where the good stuff is. Where PPP really struggles or can't compete with CO at ALL. 

3 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

So something like True Steel or Gladiator Might instead of Prime Pressure Point even though you already have Blood rush or Organ Shatter? Or even a +2 range spring blade?

Yes and not everyone uses Blood Rush because the steel mods is a good alternative for people who are not using melee + naramon exclusively.

To be honest, the pressure point mod family should receive the steel mods family treatment. So, they offer a decent alternative in high level.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Yes and not everyone uses Blood Rush because the steel mods is a good alternative for people who are not using melee + naramon exclusively.

To be honest, the pressure point mod family should receive the steel mods family treatment. So, they offer a decent alternative in high level.

🤣

• Like 1

Condition overload becomes redundant when fighting against boses, liches and sentients.

Condition overload is best used when you have a gun that has AoE and high status chance and is able to apply multiple status effects. Same goes for your melee weapon.

You can still use PPP with condition overload amd get a flat bonus.

There are many posts that state that PPP+Condition overload give diminishing returns at very high levels 150+ but I disagree.

• Like 1

Total Damage = Base Damage × [1 + Damage Mods + (Condition Overload Multiplier × n)] × (1 + Elemental Mods) (with n being the number of unique status procs currently affecting the enemy)

You're still better off using both based on the damage formula if you want the highest damage possible. 

They're not useless at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:
  • You can equip both mods on the same build. Some weapon builds are too tight and you'll have to pick one (hey look, now PPP is a choice instead of basically mandatory), but others don't and you can use both.

This is the most important thing about the change IMO. For hewing at heavies, CO is best. For one shotting trash, PPP is best. For non-crit weapons and unusual builds, you can benefit from using both. It's a matter of figuring out what you want your weapon to do well and what you have to work with and actually deciding on a build. When they multiplied together, you just had to have both no matter what, and melee builds had no variety or strategy.

Condition Overload is useless against enemies that are status immune, such as kuva lichs. CO can be great but it requires high status builds to shine.

Heavy attacks combined with the +initial combo stat like on corrupted charge are usually pulling off one hit kills which greatly reduce the opportunity of multiple status ailments landing. Heavy attack builds generally like PPP except for those heavy attacks that generate multiple hits per use AND have high status chance or forced status procs.

I have a Venka Prime that uses condition overload on it's basic bloodrush and weeping wounds light attack build and uses PPP on it's heavy attack spam and Hybrid Light/Heavy attack builds.