Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that CO is very mandatory, Primed Pressure Point/Pressure Point/Sacrificial Pressure is now almost irrelevant.

DrivaMain

On 2019-12-30 at 1:04 AM, Lone_Dude said:

And literally all starchart enemies are too weak to bother with stacking CO on them since PPP just oneshots them. What about it? lmao Disagree all you want - numbers won't care. For most of the content PPP flat damage(basically crits) is perfectly fine. CO only REALLY matters for higher level content(higher than T3 sorties, arbis and Liches, kuva floods and ESO, since you'll either have nukers or buffers/debuffers if you go for long runs), endurance runs and certain weapons with gimped crit chance.

CO is nice if you're a simulacrum warrior, but most of the game simply doesn't require the amount of damage it can provide nor does it have the enemies that survive past the initial status stacking unless you get it from external sources, and then again, PPP doesn't even require you to proc status since it will just wipe things in 1 go.

Anyway, that's a Haha from me, pal and I don't even oppose PPP buffs. 

i stopped trying to reason with people on the warframe forums. nearly everything dies to normal melee even in 3.0 without CO, even lv 200 content without CP auras isn't much of a problem without buffs

To be fair, CO is a good option on nearly any build if you have means to proc status outside of melee attacks. Shock motes are a good example, and you could swap berserker for condition overload without much loss on wisp anyway.

But hey, someone somewhere said "meta" and everyone does it without asking for evidence. Not that they would look at it (or understand it) if it was provided.

Under level 150, primed pressure point is better. Why wait for 2 hits to build 240% damage (and not even guaranteed) when you can maintain 160% damage instantly? And, where are the level 150+ mobs? 

At the current level of melee weapons damage and level of enemies, CO is far less useful mod. There are at least 10 mods better than CO at that level. When level 200 enemies are the norm, let me know.

• Like 1

CO is nearly pointless for stealth finishers, since you need to inflict the status on an already-sleeping enemy or otherwise negate their alertness after proccing them.

But hey, isn't it a good thing to not NEED the 'mandatory' damage mods? Wouldn't it be nice to run something instead of multishot or damage on your firearms?

Idk, I certainly don't see an issue. Base damage is a reliable mod choice, but CO gives you more reward for more input. Seems perfectly fair to me

• Like 1

En 30/12/2019 a las 1:49, DrivaMain dijo:

It's been 2 months since the melee 3.0 balance storm. Now people already adjust their builds. But there is one problem

Almost no one or the minority of players is using Primed Pressure Point / Pressure Point / Sacrificial Pressure. The only 1 case I see these mods have a use is in Redeemer Prime Eidolon hunting build.

The new Condition Overload already outperforms prime pressure point by a huge margin because of it's stackable properties. 2 status effects is enough to outperform it because it grant 240% damage bonus.

What should we do with this mod? I can think of 2 ways

1. Buff it from 120%(PP)/110%(SP)/165%(PPP) to 240%(PP)/250%(SP)/330%(PPP).

2. Increase total damage instead of base damage, making these mods worth using with Condition Overload. 

You should expose the math behind your argument, modding is a lot more complex than that. The question is "should I use CO and PPP or just CO?" and if I use just CO "for wich mod am I replacing PPP?" "does this mod outperforms PPP?" and it really comes down to this last question, the thing isnt CO outperforming PPP. Also there are other senarios apart from the smash melee button, some weapons cant use CO because they are meant to hit first and hard for example. (in my case I found both organ shatter and 120% phisical damage mods (on weapons that lean heavly on one tipe of damage) better than PPP because they work multiplicatively with the base damage mods rather than additively like CO+PPP)