Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Prime frames can be used without having the original?

Wexson

Question

I'm a new player and a friend of mine who recruited me gave me a set of Excalibur Prime, I don't even have that Warframe yet because I picked Volt as my first. If ever I finished crafting the set will I be able to use it without crafting/having the default Excalibur frame?

Edited by Wexson

6 answers to this question

I can guarantee you it was not Excalibur Prime, as that and 2 weapons are some of the only mastery rank tied items to be exclusive to the founders program that ended 6 years ago, but to answer your question, yes. You can use a Prime frame if you don't have the normal one.

7 minutes ago, NoggDog117 said:

I can guarantee you it was not Excalibur Prime, as that and 2 weapons are some of the only mastery rank tied items to be exclusive to the founders program that ended 6 years ago, but to answer your question, yes. You can use a Prime frame if you don't have the normal one.

Sorry I wasn't paying much attention when he gave it to me my bad, you're right it's not Excalibur Prime it's Ash Prime. And thanks for answering.

I can guarantee you that wasn't Excalibur Prime; he's a founder's pack exclusive that is no longer available. 

For your question, though, yes, you can. There are several Prime variants I got of warframes before I got the originals. I would argue that some of the primed variants are far easier to acquire than their normal counterparts. 

Welcome to Warframe, by the way!!

Edited by Yogfan14

6 minutes ago, Yogfan14 said:

I can guarantee you that wasn't Excalibur Prime; he's a founder's pack exclusive that is no longer available. 

For your question, though, yes, you can. There are several Prime variants I got of warframes before I got the originals. I would argue that some of the primed variants are far easier to acquire than their normal counterparts. 

Welcome to Warframe, by the way!!

Sorry I wasn't really paying much attention on that because for me they looked the same lol. 

Thanks!