Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout Editing System

W1tchKing

Hey guys,

I got a question about/problem with the loadout system. After hundreds of hours into the game i finally got tired of clicking my loadouts for the various encounters like Eidolon together manually and decided it's time to use the loadout options that come with the arsenal.

HOWEVER: Either i am too stupid or the system is just not very well designed. Everytime i switch to e.g. the Eidolon loadout and then forget to switch back to Default and then change my weapons/frames, the active loadout gets completely screwed up! I mean wtf? Why is there no editing button or "freeze" button where the loadout doesnt get changed until you resave it again? Did i just miss a button or something? If I did, please enlighten me. If i didn't then why the hell would you code it like this? If i save a Loadout I want it to be SAVED and not edited at random just because i forgot to go back into another loadout I dont give a damn about before switching weapons around.

20 minutes ago, W1tchKing said:

Hey guys,

I got a question about/problem with the loadout system. After hundreds of hours into the game i finally got tired of clicking my loadouts for the various encounters like Eidolon together manually and decided it's time to use the loadout options that come with the arsenal.

HOWEVER: Either i am too stupid or the system is just not very well designed. Everytime i switch to e.g. the Eidolon loadout and then forget to switch back to Default and then change my weapons/frames, the active loadout gets completely screwed up! I mean wtf? Why is there no editing button or "freeze" button where the loadout doesnt get changed until you resave it again? Did i just miss a button or something? If I did, please enlighten me. If i didn't then why the hell would you code it like this? If i save a Loadout I want it to be SAVED and not edited at random just because i forgot to go back into another loadout I dont give a damn about before switching weapons around.

you mean you want a lock on each loadout?
has been requested, but feel free to request it again.

for your situation I use a workaround:
1. use a dedicated loadout for general modifying purposes, you can call it: General, Random, Default, I call it "1. Custom" for sorting reasons (I don't use the favorites because it doesn't get copied to any loadout and resets on copy operation)
2. copy desired loadout to that general loadout
3. alter anything you want on that loadout
4. never alter anything in your "saved" loadouts

Edited by BlackVortex

Yea well if you can call it workaround 😄 thats kinda how i have been using it. The problems start when you forget to switch back do default and start changing stuff. I dont have enough loadouts to cover all warframes so i only use very few loadouts for eidolons/solo profittaker and stuff like that where it actually makes sense to have specific weapons in each slot. For all other purposes i just swap around manually. But good to know at least that the system sucks and not me...