Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RAILJACK and random squads... Mixed bag of insanity.

(PSN)scottfernaays

So im just going to say this while not trying to sound like an a$$.

So far I like the RailJack gameplay, but people need to understand the tactics and play style..  For the most part on the early missions i can solo no problem, but as i go through the star chart i become a bit outgunned cause i need to get the different house upgrades MK2 and 3 .  I also realize that balancing and 5th instrinsic tree will be coming hopefully to help with my lack of support.

For now however if your are new to warframe and or RailJack please take these tips as a basis for play in the new mode.

1. If you hear Cephalon Cy asking for repairs every 5 seconds then maybe not all of you  need to leave the damn ship.  It has guns on it and can generally do more damage.  (No one wanted to use archwing, now everybody is Maverick)

2. If while you are skipping down the hallways and find yourself in the the Forge .. DO NOT REFINE THE DANG MATERIALS IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.. we will need those for repairs and munitions.

3. Also if the SHIP dies the mission FAILS.. not much to explain there. See tip 1

4. If you find yourself on a mission that has a grineer ship with an ememy to take out, Maybe you should see if others would like to join you so they can get the BP for the new weapon. You know cause the door locks after you kill him.  Then we have to stare at the BP you marked 8000 meters away while we try to repel enemies by ourselves or myself. Thanks.  A$$hats see tip 1

Those are just the ones that chap me pretty hard.

Also a friendly tip .. if you leave the squad after the objectives but before a new mission or the dock is selected you lose out on your progress from what is see.  just ask them to dock or wait til they start a mission then leave.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

1. If you hear Cephalon Cy asking for repairs every 5 seconds then maybe not all of you  need to leave the damn ship.  It has guns on it and can generally do more damage.  (No one wanted to use archwing, now everybody is Maverick)

You are asking people to go OUTSIDE?! Like... Open Space?! Madman!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

2. If while you are skipping down the hallways and find yourself in the the Forge .. DO NOT REFINE THE DANG MATERIALS IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.. we will need those for repairs and munitions.

Actually, this might be to maximize the resources you get. BUTT: You first make sure everything is stocked to max first: Goo, Flu, Muny and BAM. Specially Goo. If they are maxed or very close to max and the team is doing well, there is no problem in refining.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

4. If you find yourself on a mission that has a grineer ship with an ememy to take out, Maybe you should see if others would like to join you so they can get the BP for the new weapon. You know cause the door locks after you kill him.  Then we have to stare at the BP you marked 8000 meters away while we try to repel enemies by ourselves or myself. Thanks.  A$$hats see tip 1

It never locked for me, even before the BPs became a shared drop. I found that the Galeon has 2 "entrances", but only 1 you can get in.

il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)scottfernaays a dit :

Maybe you should see if others would like to join you so they can get the BP for the new weapon

Everyone gets it now. but they often leave when there is no blueprint and don't check for rare crates. 

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)scottfernaays a dit :

It has guns on it and can generally do more damage. 

Sadly, no.

The only thing people really need to understand is destroy crewship first. Oh and don't park in the LoS of shipkiller/missile platform.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You are asking people to go OUTSIDE?! Like... Open Space?! Madman!

Actually, this might be to maximize the resources you get. BUTT: You first make sure everything is stocked to max first: Goo, Flu, Muny and BAM. Specially Goo. If they are maxed or very close to max and the team is doing well, there is no problem in refining.

It never locked for me, even before the BPs became a shared drop. I found that the Galeon has 2 "entrances", but only 1 you can get in.

lol Im asking them to stay INSIDE lol and making stocking up first is exactly what i  mean.

also i never find the second entrance but thats cause im left to keep the Railjack alive most times. I hope we get shared drops soon.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

That could possibly be on PC only.

We got the fastest update ever... but none of the hot fixes you guys got immediately after. It's one of the most unplayable updates i've experienced since it came out on console...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

That could possibly be on PC only.

We got the fastest update ever... but none of the hot fixes you guys got immediately after. It's one of the most unplayable updates i've experienced since it came out on console...

yeah is could be update.  but as for unplayable lol imo disruption grind for Gauss when the rounds would freeze is the king of problems for me ever in this game 

Strange! I have absolutly good experiences with randoms. In fact I play always with randoms for about 150 missions. I never lost a ship or a fight because of other people. I play both sides. I play as a crew member and play as a Railjack commander. I rarly ask someone to take over a special task but when the wish was always fullfilled.

I play high level Veil only. So my crew members are almost MR 25+

il y a 11 minutes, Kaotyke a dit :

Remember that OP is on Consoles. They dont have that Hotfix yet.

Poor guys. Looks like the solution are recruit channel or solo on earth since OP railjack looks fragile.

il y a 2 minutes, Doc-Orange a dit :

Strange! I have absolutly good experiences with randoms. In fact I play always with randoms for about 150 missions. I never lost a ship or a fight because of other people. I play both sides. I play as a crew member and play as a Railjack commander. I rarly ask someone to take over a special task but when the wish was always fullfilled.

You're very lucky. Never lost a ship either but I sometime have to do nearly everything : driving railjack, killing crewships, doing objectives (even going in and out for radiators). And playing in Veil too. I also have very good teams, with people communicating, but they're not the majority.

2 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

Yeah maybe once i get to the veil it will level out.. Im on PS4 so the grind is still real for me.  Also to be fair ive had alot of good experiences but yesterday was probably just a bad day.

I totally like being crew and gunner over pilot but when i have to pilot and i turn around and find myself alone to do it all its kind a rough.

I did get to the point I can solo anything but for science I started taking randoms in veil last night (GIAN point, if it’s an anomaly mission it goes to solo so I don’t have to deal with the rushers who then quit, takes a while but I get it done...the 50% of the time that enough crew ships spawn, actually had a 0/6 yesterday). 

Ive had a few winners the ship doesn’t need repair (it never goes higher than 3 cracks which brings the ship to 5109, it’s fine there). But sometimes no one wants to take out crewships so I end up parking and doing it myself.  One guy fired off all the particle rams charges in 5 seconds and one said I needed better side guns (Vidar Apoc mk3 with full zekti hyperstrike, I can only do different, in his defense we were trying to kill insta-heal fighters (see please kill crewships)). 

Usually it goes ok, best thing is someone slowing the enemies with amesha so I can slaughter them. 

Edited by (XB1)Evilgamr

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)TyeGoo:

Railjack itself is a mixed bag of insanity, pugs are just the tip of the iceberg..

I really like RJ. I like to be a space pilot and I like to own a real starship. In  more than hundret missions I literally never had a gamebreaking bug.

26 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

I really like RJ. I like to be a space pilot and I like to own a real starship. In  more than hundret missions I literally never had a gamebreaking bug.

Not sure how you got to 100 without seeing the crewship spawn break. I’ve had it stop at 4/6 2/6 1/6 and even 0/6. No rhyme or reason. (Veil anomalies were a 50% chance over the weekend). 

Edited by (XB1)Evilgamr

5. Don't host Veil missions with a ship with no avionics and mk0 weapons.

This is extremely common on ps4 and annoying because the host normally pilots the ship and tries to fight with it, forcing one player to stay inside for repairs (these pilots usually ignore all repairs and bording parties) and the other 2 outside fighting (if they have good aw equipment else the mission is just extremely tedious).  

In those cases I usually stay inside for constant repairs and killing enemies but if I see that the other 2 are struggling killing fighters and crewships I just leave.

I understand that is public game, but seriously, some players are very incompetent in a place where a little bit of experience is expected.

If you're playing with randoms don't take your own ship.   typically if you take your own ship they expect you to Pilot the only the thing as a pilot you need is people to take out crewships,  everything else is only marginally helpful in the end.   the number of randoms that make crewships their top priority is very low.

your best bet is to join a random crew and make your number one objective to destroy crewships as fast as they spawn if you do that you're being very helpful.

Doing anything else doesn't help as much as far as repairs go the only thing you need to repair is catastrophic hull failures.   if you don't have a zekti bulkhead you might have to repair some other stuff sometimes but once you have the zekti bulkhead only fix the catastrophic hold failures the rest fixes itself in the end.   Also believe it or not you will run into Pilots that will get mad at you for fixing anything else just because you're wasting their resources... though the opposite is also true some Pilots will get mad at you for not instantly fixing everything... that's the biggest crap show in railJack, dealing with random Pilots the instant anyone of them starts complaining about something the abort button should be hit.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

If you're playing with randoms don't take your own ship.   typically if you take your own ship they expect you to Pilot the only the thing as a pilot you need is people to take out crewships,  everything else is only marginally helpful in the end.   the number of randoms that make crewships their top priority is very low.

your best bet is to join a random crew and make your number one objective to destroy crewships as fast as they spawn if you do that you're being very helpful.

This, while I don’t want to be “that guy” I really want to set an auto join message  for my ship.

“Welcome aboard the help wanted, please grab a turret, if you see a crewship spawn please exit the turret immediately and head to the slingshot and take out the crewship and recall back” .”

i really don’t need help with the fighters, 3 (the max) hull cracks will drop the ship to 5109 health and if we don’t get boarded or end up being mined by an outrunner that’s invulnerable (again, see kill crew ships) that’s enough to get through a fight without remotely getting to failure.  I can do this solo, and will literally “turn this ship around if the kids aren’t behaving” to go deal with the crew ships myself meaning we are further from the fighters and this is all going to take longer as a result  I need crew to speed things up, not to finish the mission at all.  

It's funny that you have issues with people not staying in the railjack. In my experience, people hate going outside. I'm frequently jumping out of the pilot seat to slingshot myself into a crew ship because it's the only way anything will get done about them.

3 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

You say people don't wanna stay on the ship but I sat for like two minutes looking at my team trying to gundown a crewship. Was pretty hilarious. I came back with my mk3 decked out railjack to finish some earth missions I skipped and was greeted to that. You'd think people would know how to kill those by now.

To be fair it took me a few days to figure out you didnt have to drain the diamond to board one. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)scottfernaays said:

I'm laughing so damn hard now. Not because it is funny, or that it isnt valid criticism, but mostly because I read it with Tiny Tina's voice from Borderlands 2. It just fits so well with the introductionary normal text then going into caps, like Tina when she goes from her tiny little regular voice into her upset near growly anger yelling.

"All around sca-actus plant the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought twas all in fun, and.. BOOM! Goes the bandit..."

vor 18 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Evilgamr:

Not sure how you got to 100 without seeing the crewship spawn break. I’ve had it stop at 4/6 2/6 1/6 and even 0/6. No rhyme or reason. (Veil anomalies were a 50% chance over the weekend). 

No joke: What is a Crewship spawn break? Wont enough Crewships spawn? I had 2-3 times a relativly long waiting period (1-3 minutes) but in the end there were always enough CS.

None of that irritates me for some reason, but..I SWEAR TO GOD the one thing that does make me wish I could ram us all into the sun in order to kill my crew mates is when we finish a mission and I say scavenge for your ships and some a-hole decides to send us to dry dock...

Unless you want to pay plat and pay to-skip...you need all that garbage floating out there, especially when it's easy to get and you're not being blown up every two seconds...

19 hours ago, (PS4)Baako_0 said:

I understand that is public game, but seriously, some players are very incompetent in a place where a little bit of experience is expected.

I guess people are too comfortable with the godlike power where you wipe everything without a sweat, making them think they're too good for the game when the game is holding your hand all this time to cover someone's incompetence

21 hours ago, Arkandae said:

You're very lucky. Never lost a ship either but I sometime have to do nearly everything : driving railjack, killing crewships, doing objectives (even going in and out for radiators). And playing in Veil too. I also have very good teams, with people communicating, but they're not the majority.

This is spot on, especially when going back to farm Saturn after completing Veil.  

Many times I get these pub crew members that jump on side guns and camp them while I pilot the ship.  The ship can be boarded, burning to the ground, crew ships everywhere, catastrophic rupture timer counting down, flux empty, missiles low, revolite low, and these pubs will never leave their comfy side gunner seat to do anything whatsoever.

Even after all the fighters are destroyed, I can be pointing my ship directly at three lone crewships and not a single person leaves their side gunner seat to slingshot over.  I'm just SMH.  

I would be better off ejecting them into space to use as human chaff drawing enemy fire.  

But when I do get that rare, good team, it's so so sweet.  And we become friends.   

3 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

No joke: What is a Crewship spawn break? Wont enough Crewships spawn? I had 2-3 times a relativly long waiting period (1-3 minutes) but in the end there were always enough CS.

exactly that, they just never spawn, had another game this morning on an anomaly mission, 2 spawns of 2 CS which I killed almost as soon as they spawned then nothing for the rest of the game..4/6..broken game no Shedu part try.  This is a pattern for that mission type much more than others for some reason I didn't even get to try at Shedu yesterday once. (both last times were 90 fighters, 6 crew ships, asteroid hangar (which now the ship flies off? is someone working this week) and the anomaly and both times CS stopped at 4)

I haven't seen it in a few days but Ive had two games where literally not one spawned, one solo, one with a full crew.

Edited by (XB1)Evilgamr