Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move Mutagen Samples

EctoSage

Yes this has been said before, but I'm going to give a few more reasons as to why Mutagen Samples should be changed back to the way they were before.

1. Farming the Orokin Derelicts are insanely boring. They are incredible looking maps, but when you need hundreds of these samples, they get insanely boring. In the past when you got bored of farming one map with infested you could switch over to another one.

2. Gathering other supplies while farming, in the past you could go to a planet that had a useful selection of resources, & farm it, while farming it you could also pick up the now much needed Mutagen Samples. Two brids, one stone?

3. Now you are stuck farming Mutagen Samples in a key gated area, where when you run out of keys, suddenly after a while you find yourself farming other planets, just to get the supplies to build more keys, so you can farm more of the same boring missions. 

4. Can't pug it. Now in most games, pugging a group is usually looked at as a negative, but this game started out being quick play friendly. Which is to say, "Hey! I want to play this map, lets click on it, & very quickly I'll find myself in a group pew pewing." Where as now, there is no such thing as quickly jumping into a match to farm some Mutagen Samples, and finding yourself in a group of people to cover your back if you funk up, you have to deal with a wonderfully annoying Recruitment chat. 

Please, for the love of all that is fun in this game, fix this, these damn keys are removing all of the fun from the game. (Not to mention getting the same damn item over & over again in Void runs, but hell, those are key locked too, so maybe, kinda, sorta, probably, the same damn problem in a way as to #4.)

They already said they're not moving Mutagen Samples.

They want players to have a reason to return to the derelict after getting Nekros or after Lephantos.

I agree that it's tedious, time consuming, and boring after a while, but gather some friends and do a defense mission instead, or something like that.

It won't change.

Edited by EganMC

They want players to have a reason to return to the derelict after getting Nekros or after Lephantos.

I think Derelict is a good place for farming Orokin Cell and Neurodes. Besides i'm kinda sick of playing Infested Defense in Corpus Tileset

I agree that it's tedious, time consuming, and boring after a while, but gather some friends and do a defense mission instead, or something like that.

It won't change.

Game is still in Beta, means they can change things for the better in hopes of not ruining the game. I also firmly believe that the Orokin Derelict areas shouldn't be key gated, & should be there own area, if I didn't have to farm there for Mutagen Samples, I would still return there from time to time when I got bored of doing missions in other tile sets. I believe most people in fact would return to the ODs willingly to farm different things from time to time, even if they had other options. 

As for gathering up a few friends & running a defense mission.. I have done this with my clan members, and after hours of doing so, it still gets hella boring when you are on the same damn map.

It's just another move to pressure players into buying stuff in the cash shop.  They first said they were going to move it elsewhere, because they were "remodeling" various star systems.  Then the realized that by putting the resources behind a grind wall, they were forcing players into cycle of grind to pay to build to grind to pay to build.

It's just another move to pressure players into buying stuff in the cash shop.  They first said they were going to move it elsewhere, because they were "remodeling" various star systems.  Then the realized that by putting the resources behind a grind wall, they were forcing players into cycle of grind to pay to build to grind to pay to build.

With the current prices for the resources. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WILL SPEND PLATINUM FOR RESOURCES. NO ONE EVER.

With the current prices for the resources. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WILL SPEND PLATINUM FOR RESOURCES. NO ONE EVER.

This is pretty much the thought I have. "Should I buy an orokin cell and a neural sensor so I can craft this forma that will take 24 hours..or should I buy a forma already completed for the same exact price?" hmmmmmm decisions decisions.

I don't mind the idea that certain resources can require a multi-step farming grind: i.e. get materials to craft an Orokin Derelict Defense key, run 25 waves in OD Def a la Formian bomb components. Sometimes that makes it more fun.

What I hate is how rare the mutagen drops are when compared to clan research requirements. I get 10-12 mutagen samples per the average 25 wave run... if I'm lucky. So to get 7500 mutagen for my research that's... 750 OD Def missions!?!? At 2 minutes per wave that's 25 hours plus mission downtime?!??  

(At least OD missions also drop Orokin cells and neurodes, but again not nearly enough to make it worth while.)

For myself I really question the cost/benefit of clan research.... If it ever was a must have, now it's arguable not even a 'nice to have' considering the time and resources expenditure.

It seems DE does not have any folks with practical knowledge in pricing / coupon-analytics / micro-transactions. The pricing of many items doesn't make sense  - there are a large number of inconsistencies in the normalized prices of resources in the context of their crafting needs (as in the excellent example quoted below), plat for credits pricing when compared to Orokin key plat pricing, etc., etc.

I think DE needs to bring in some talent in this regard.... or at least steal some price-mapping ideas from other games. When consumers feel pricing is random or unfair they tend to put off purchases, or substitute transactions which do not fulfill the consumers needs as well... limiting game satisfaction.

I can send you my resume on request....

:)

This is pretty much the thought I have. "Should I buy an orokin cell and a neural sensor so I can craft this forma that will take 24 hours..or should I buy a forma already completed for the same exact price?" hmmmmmm decisions decisions.

I get 5 nav coordinates per mission without even looking for them, and thanks to their crafting time limit being reduced completely, I can pretty much swim in Derelict keys if I wanted.

By the time any new players would feel they were ready to face the Derelict, they would also have tons of nav coordinates because they drop like candy.

Seeing as the "grind wall" you're talking about is more of a "grind hurdle" that can be hopped over without even trying, your argument is invalid.

I don't like for mutagen's moved there to.

I think that this whole new Corpus stuff will be something like Orokin Derelict, and they will move Fieldron sampels there.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't behind a key wall. Also, as to those who have said getting the Navs isn't too hard, I can agree, but you find yourself running out if all you are running is OD, and you very quickly realize that the other resources required start running low too if you are just farming these damn things.

Things CAN change, but DE said that this won't.

Mutagen may be available in upcoming planets however.

Yeah, & they said Lephantis was going to replace the old Golem boss but it didn't. Just because they said something doesn't mean its going to remain true, or even be true to begin with.

So to get 7500 mutagen for my research that's... 750 OD Def missions!?!? At 2 minutes per wave that's 25 hours plus mission downtime?!??  

I would understand the frustration if I were in your situation, however it sounds like you must be the only person in a large clan.

Personally, in a 10 person clan, between myself a maybe 2 other contributors, we've had no problems farming what we need for research.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't behind a key wall. Also, as to those who have said getting the Navs isn't too hard, I can agree, but you find yourself running out if all you are running is OD, and you very quickly realize that the other resources required start running low too if you are just farming these damn things.

Then don't just run Derelict? And the other resources needed take very little time to also obtain. Everyone has thousands upon millions of nano spores at this point, and their droprates are still insanely high compared to anything else. Salvage also has high droprates - a 10 wave run in Jupiter - Io will net you thousands. Circuits are almost as common a drop as Nano spores. And to top it all off, you don't need alot of any of these materials.