Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my big avionic/component headscratch.

Kaelin

okay, so.

we grind for resources and get Sigma, Lavan, Vidar & Zetki reactors.

at Mk3 the Zetki is redundant, because, lets face it nobody's spending all those resources on a reactor that never going to provide a benefit over the sigma. sure it's got flux cap... but who cares, mod points is mod points. Lavan have a marginal chance of being useful i.e. more than 50 points. and vidar have a chance of giving up to 100. which is huge (although the two I've got so far have been a kick in the teeth with 38 (reads as 37) and 47 (reads as 46)).

here's the thing tho, I've got Zetki Bulkhead @ 17 points, and Vidar Hull Weave @ 8.
that's 25 points out of 80 (with SigMk3).
we've got a shield array that defines the base stats of the shields. why isn't there a "hull plating" component that provides base armour and HP, and in turn reduce the efficacy and costs of the avionics/mods. meaning those reactors that don't quite have the bulk points are still viable because you're not spending ~25 points on "must have" mods.

Edited by Kaelin

hace 13 minutos, Kaelin dijo:

why isn't there a "hull plating" component that provides base armour and HP, and in turn reduce the efficacy and costs of the avionics/mods. meaning those reactors that don't quite have the bulk points are still viable

Because if the Railjack were "viable" without the need to get the META avionics, DE could no longer force the players to infinite grinding.

uh, why aren't there Part Slots for Health and Armor?

uhhh... well the Ship does come with 1000 Health and 800 Armor. that's a fairly significant starting place.
even so, i wouldn't be against their being a Part Slot that served as a specialization to either specialize in Armor or Health (but not both, yes basically a Corrupted Mod for either Health but reduced Armor or visa versa, and Perks to go along with that specialization).

The thing that has me still scratching my head about avionics vs. components is that the components give only flat bonuses. Like, the reactor is great, and you couldn't have avionics that increase avionics, so it does a unique thing. Engines and shield components, though, just add bonuses the same as avionics. Shouldn't they increase the base stats that mods multiply against, as with modular weapons? As it is, engines and the shield component are just an extra avionics mod each. I don't know why the ship model changes for something so comparatively insignificant. 

14 minutes ago, Kaelin said:

uhhh... in railjack it's not.

take some Damage from Fighters in Zone 1. you have acceptable survivability using just the Starter Mods and nothing else.

10 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

The thing that has me still scratching my head about avionics vs. components is that the components give only flat bonuses.

Shouldn't they increase the base stats that mods multiply against, as with modular weapons? As it is, engines and the shield component are just an extra avionics mod each. I don't know why the ship model changes for something so comparatively insignificant. 

um
in most cases, it's likely so that both the Parts that affect __ Stat and Mods that do can both be relevant without the ultimate Stats that you get fully Geared to be like 10x what you got at base.
after all, 50x, 100x, 150x Damage on our Weapons and such other extremes is the source of a fair number of the problems the game has thesedays - so trying to avoid doing that again is a good idea if you ask me.

Use slightly smaller bonuses then? Especially considering that there's only one railjack and it's largely a linear progression without a lot of build tradeoffs. Adding a .2 bonus and another .2 bonus isn't immensely different in outcome from two 1.2x multipliers, but it'd at least make the components feel different from the avionics grid.

39 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

The thing that has me still scratching my head about avionics vs. components is that the components give only flat bonuses. Like, the reactor is great, and you couldn't have avionics that increase avionics, so it does a unique thing. Engines and shield components, though, just add bonuses the same as avionics. Shouldn't they increase the base stats that mods multiply against, as with modular weapons? As it is, engines and the shield component are just an extra avionics mod each. I don't know why the ship model changes for something so comparatively insignificant. 

components provide the base stats for which the avionics act against.
except of course forge cap, hull HP, and Armour.

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

take some Damage from Fighters in Zone 1. you have acceptable survivability using just the Starter Mods and nothing else.

... and then a crew ship starts shooting at you.
I'm not saying there's an issue with the ultimate values achieved. the point I'm making is that if we had a way to change the base values, the avionics cost could be reduced (since they aren't providing such an extreme bonus) and thus we could have a bit more flexibility with the setup.

2 minutes ago, Kaelin said:

components provide the base stats for which the avionics act against.
except of course forge cap, hull HP, and Armour.

That's definitely not the case with the engines vs. Conic Nozzle. The latter is a flat bonus, not a multiplier. I'll have to check again now, but I was quite certain.

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Use slightly smaller bonuses then?

er
most of the Mods available for Railjacks are already in the 20-40% Range, a few up into 70-80%, and then extremely few in 100%+ Range.

they're already clamped down pretty sanely.

No, I mean if multiplicative bonuses would be too much in this case, they could use smaller bonuses instead. There's literally only two factors and neither stacks with anything or multiplies against itself. It's not like warframe weapons having base x 1+ elemental mods x 1+ (crit chance x crit mult) x faction mods and so on, where it can spring into the exponential unknown.

And if there's anything multiplicative going on here, someone tell me what I'm missing, because I'm seeing Conic Nozzle working off the base of the Sigma engine no matter what engine is installed.

Erc2io4.png

Edited by CopperBezel