Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukinu_u

A few unsuspected hybrid weapons

14 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Wait a second...magnify...

Ripkas, Grineer claws require Dual Cleaver (Grineer) and Ankyros (Tenno)

Magnify...

Ripkas, Grineer claws require Dual Cleaver (Grineer) and Ankyros (Tenno)

Isolate vitals, maximum magnification!

Ripkas * require * Tenno

Could it mean...?  Decrypt, damn you, decrypt!

. .

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

RIPKAS

PRIME

CONFIRMED

source.gif

Chainsword when? 

Image result for warhammer chainsword gif

22 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

as I understand it, this was a regular cernos that belonged to Inaros that was exposed to Infestation, nothing to do with the Corpus. same with Lesion (actually a Tipedo underneath) and whatever pistols the Dual Toxocysts originally were.

and where does it say anything Orokin about Twin Roggas? far as I know they're straight up grineer weapons.

Didnt alad create the mutalist strain? If so thats the relation. If not then youre correcto.

Operation Breeding Grounds

The Lotus learns that Alad's experiments have allowed the Infestation to evolve, allowing it to infect and corrupt inorganic beings. Lotus also discovered that Alad has also engineered Infested Hives as a means of directing the spread of the Infested, as these hives can quickly corrupt new ships or colonies almost immediately.

From the wiki

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

1. What I am trying to make you understand is that the foundry gives 0 cares about lore right now, its a "Dont think about it" device just like the Market or Captura, the foundry doesn't make sense because it simply doesn't, plus, wen I say fix, I mean that in the sense of using resources on broken Warframe parts so to help the tissue grow back, as we saw that in 2nd Dream and Sacrifice, after being almost cut in half and whit Umbra missing his eye cover, a Warframe can heal itself using energy, so it would make sense that wen the damage is major, resources are needed since energy can only do so much. This would be much more plausible then herp a derp I scanned a blade, a elbow, a head and a scarf, now I have a brain scan whit memory's and that transference bolt that has never been seen before included, that I can shove together whit some alloy, nano spores and Kuva and boom make something that was once Human. (See how it sounds ridiculous ? 3D printing a Human ?)

There wasn't any Umbra LEFT. He WAS the missing eye cover. We don't recover his body. There is no mention of a recovered body - in fact, the quote is: 

Ordis: Almost crude. If you can get another scan I may be able to synthesize a partial schematic of the victim.

We don't recover anything for him to heal from. We recover an 'Umbra' schematic, and entirely rebuild him. At best, we pick up some of parts and use them as a base. As illogical as it may sound, that is what is presented to us. Canonically speak, we re-synthesise Umbra.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

2. You are compering Infested and Helminth as both one and the same, they obviously are not. Plus, where exactly did you get the info in the game that Infestation creates things whiteout needing a host ? All the infestation we have seen so far have had hosts to take its shape, or else it simply end up whit a very deformed shape, like Jordas or the infested tilesets.

A mess of figures shambled forth. These were different, bigger and slower. I could feel my sister in there somehow, it was so strong. The Moas opened fire. I wanted to tell them to stop but how could I? I felt plasma beams burn the creatures and then I felt Remballa heal them. Why? Multiple connections now, I felt her many times over, it didn’t make sense, until it did; she was those things, all of them. They took our fire and kept coming. I felt her, no them, shudder as bullets ripped through flesh and then as flesh was made new again. They were Lorist Infested, my sister the healer, remade as monster and here to kill us.

Plural.

One Lorist became MULTIPLE infested organisms. The Infestion does not need a new Lorist to produce a new Lorist Infested. There's also the nature of the Hives: in those hives, they are breeding new infested organisms. In the Tactical Alert, Black Seed, the eponymous cult stole Juggernaut spores that grow into the full thing. Speaking of, there's also three seperate infested units which can spawn other infested units from nothing but biomass. Juggernauts with their slam attacks, Brood Mothers from Maggots and Boilers from spawn pods. No host needed. The Boiler especially spawns several times its own size worth, and the Juggernaut spawns them from the ground, so they're not carrying them with it. We also see this in both the Disruption and Defection mission types, as spawn pods appear there independent of hosts.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

3. INFESTATION and HELMINTH arent the same, thats like calling a gene the same as DNA, They DO NOT work the same way, as the Helminth has no trace of leaving the host whit the infestation, therefor literally not giving the Helminth any info about the host anyways.

Just as a Gene is made from DNA, the Infestation and the Helminth are both derived from the same kind of thing: Technocyte. They are both manifestations of the Technocyte virus. In many ways, they're indistinguishable - the Infested hive mind seems to think so at least.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that any abilities that the Infested has, the Helminth does too, by virtue of being made from the same thing.

@(PS4)Cephalon_Hope

Ok now that I've had a night to calm down let's check both of our work:

I see no reason a Cephalon can't be copied, just that they aren't copied, if that makes sense. Ordis has restored his memories of Ordan Karis from a backup and re-deleted them several times. I take this, along with the fact we torrent a copy of Cy from the Cephalon Internet, as proof that we can copy them whenever we want as long as we have a spare motherboard for them to use, but I can see how you would disagree.

As for Cephalon Suda specifically, saving Suda is only half the reason we're doing the quest. The other half is to kill Hunhow. Even if we had a free backup of Suda (which, to be clear, I believe is totally theoretically possible), we would still need to save Original Suda in order to kill Hunhow.

Double-checked the dialogue in Silver Grove like you said. To say that Silvania was not the original creator of the very first Titania is theoretically possible to put in the lore on a literal level, but it is a huge thematic contradiction. Far more likely that Silvania was handed some concept art and made the first realized version herself, thus becoming Original Titania's creator

Lastly regarding your debate about Helminth and Infestation, I agree with you but I prefer a different metaphor. The way I see it, all Infested are made of Technocyte (even if DE have stopped using that word because of copyright) but Helminth has his own pseudo-benevolent hive mind while the rest of the Infested all share a bigger, hostile hive mind

57 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

1.There wasn't any Umbra LEFT. He WAS the missing eye cover. We don't recover his body. There is no mention of a recovered body - in fact, the quote is: 

We don't recover anything for him to heal from. We recover an 'Umbra' schematic, and entirely rebuild him. At best, we pick up some of parts and use them as a base. As illogical as it may sound, that is what is presented to us. Canonically speak, we re-synthesise Umbra.

2.Plural.

One Lorist became MULTIPLE infested organisms. The Infestion does not need a new Lorist to produce a new Lorist Infested. There's also the nature of the Hives: in those hives, they are breeding new infested organisms. In the Tactical Alert, Black Seed, the eponymous cult stole Juggernaut spores that grow into the full thing. Speaking of, there's also three seperate infested units which can spawn other infested units from nothing but biomass. Juggernauts with their slam attacks, Brood Mothers from Maggots and Boilers from spawn pods. No host needed. The Boiler especially spawns several times its own size worth, and the Juggernaut spawns them from the ground, so they're not carrying them with it. We also see this in both the Disruption and Defection mission types, as spawn pods appear there independent of hosts.

3.Just as a Gene is made from DNA, the Infestation and the Helminth are both derived from the same kind of thing: Technocyte. They are both manifestations of the Technocyte virus. In many ways, they're indistinguishable - the Infested hive mind seems to think so at least.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that any abilities that the Infested has, the Helminth does too, by virtue of being made from the same thing.

1. So there is a obviously OP tech (synthesizing) that practically EVERY Tenno carries, and yet not even Alad V has made use of it after capturing so many of us ? Seems much more like the usual laziness since you HAVE to use the foundry to craft something and scanners were the only thing DE could think of, like scanning for plants instead of picking them up like normal people, I get what you want to try to explain, but certain things just dont have an explenation, like how the Scanners even work, I just leave it to the "Dont think about it".

2. You are literally taking this the wrong way, wen I say a host I mean it has to infect something, in this case, they infected her and from her many came, but they still infected her, so, the infestation cant just think "Oh, I am bored, lemme spew some more infested" and have new ones created, no, it has to consume something and make more out of it.

3. Technocyte and Infestation are basically the same thing just different names at this point, Technocyte at this point is just the name of the virus instead of the faction, the Helminth is a TOTALLY different thing, its something that was selected from the Technocyte/Infestation, basically a strain, its like going to your DNA and taking away what says you have blue eyes, all it contains is the fact you have blue eyes, not the fact that you are blond or what the color of your skin is, the Helminth is just that, a strain that mutates the host whiteout infecting him whit the infested madness, it just so happens that it kinda makes them go berserk whit the pain.

29 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

@(PS4)Cephalon_Hope

Ok now that I've had a night to calm down let's check both of our work:

1.I see no reason a Cephalon can't be copied, just that they aren't copied, if that makes sense. Ordis has restored his memories of Ordan Karis from a backup and re-deleted them several times. I take this, along with the fact we torrent a copy of Cy from the Cephalon Internet, as proof that we can copy them whenever we want as long as we have a spare motherboard for them to use, but I can see how you would disagree.

2.As for Cephalon Suda specifically, saving Suda is only half the reason we're doing the quest. The other half is to kill Hunhow. Even if we had a free backup of Suda (which, to be clear, I believe is totally theoretically possible), we would still need to save Original Suda in order to kill Hunhow.

3.Double-checked the dialogue in Silver Grove like you said. To say that Silvania was not the original creator of the very first Titania is theoretically possible to put in the lore on a literal level, but it is a huge thematic contradiction. Far more likely that Silvania was handed some concept art and made the first realized version herself, thus becoming Original Titania's creator

4.Lastly regarding your debate about Helminth and Infestation, I agree with you but I prefer a different metaphor. The way I see it, all Infested are made of Technocyte (even if DE have stopped using that word because of copyright) but Helminth has his own pseudo-benevolent hive mind while the rest of the Infested all share a bigger, hostile hive mind

1. No, Ordis fragmented his memory as to forget who he was since he was afraid he would turn on us, what we do he finding them, not finding their backups, wen it comes to Cy I just cant accept we re-made it, it sounds illogical to create something based on backups, or else we could probably find Jordas somewhere no ?

2. We didn't kill Hunhow though, all we did was kick him out of the Cephalon Weave, pretty sure he is still very much so alive in Uranus, if remaking Cephalons whit backups were a thing, we could just disconnect Suda from the weave and make a Suda 2.0, maybe is because we cant that the quest happened, since Ordis wanted to SAVE Suda, pretty sure you cant Save something that has a backup.

3. I see it as not every Titania is the same, because they arent a husk, they are human beings, so her being assigned Titania just means that she was tasked to make a human into Titania, plus, she says she was assigned her after others, so now Silvana is the creator of all first Warframes ? Doubt.

4. The pseudo-benevolent hive minds just doesn't click to me, Helminth is afraid of us and worships Nidus, its just not the behavior of something that could control anything else but what it is linked to.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

1. So there is a obviously OP tech (synthesizing) that practically EVERY Tenno carries, and yet not even Alad V has made use of it after capturing so many of us ? Seems much more like the usual laziness since you HAVE to use the foundry to craft something and scanners were the only thing DE could think of, like scanning for plants instead of picking them up like normal people, I get what you want to try to explain, but certain things just dont have an explenation, like how the Scanners even work, I just leave it to the "Dont think about it".

And, yet, the fact remains we used the foundry to create him. Your headcanon as to what makes sense does not trump actual canon.

2. You are literally taking this the wrong way, wen I say a host I mean it has to infect something, in this case, they infected her and from her many came, but they still infected her, so, the infestation cant just think "Oh, I am bored, lemme spew some more infested" and have new ones created, no, it has to consume something and make more out of it.

Yeup, that's what I said. They can make new infested from biomass. They don't have to infect a brand new human every time they want a new Infested. Why should that be different for Warframes?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

3. Technocyte and Infestation are basically the same thing just different names at this point, Technocyte at this point is just the name of the virus instead of the faction, the Helminth is a TOTALLY different thing, its something that was selected from the Technocyte/Infestation, basically a strain, its like going to your DNA and taking away what says you have blue eyes, all it contains is the fact you have blue eyes, not the fact that you are blond or what the color of your skin is, the Helminth is just that, a strain that mutates the host whiteout infecting him whit the infested madness, it just so happens that it kinda makes them go berserk whit the pain.

That's a non sequitur. The fact that the Helminth doesn't connect the target to the hive mind doesn't indicate that it doesn't work the same in other ways.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

it sounds illogical to create something based on backups, or else we could probably find Jordas somewhere no ?

Actually thanks for reminding me: Jordas DOES copy himself. Cephalons can totally copy themselves because Jordas did it tons of times

2. We didn't kill Hunhow though, all we did was kick him out of the Cephalon Weave, pretty sure he is still very much so alive in Uranus

No. Hunhow abandoned his primary body in Uranus by turning himself into the War sword in order to escape his prison. Then we broke War, forcing him to abandon the physical bodies entirely and become a Cephalon to survive. He's about as dead as you can get in Warframe, which is admittedly not very dead at all

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

plus, she says she was assigned her after others, so now Silvana is the creator of all first Warframes ? Doubt.

Of several Warframes, sure. Why not?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Helminth is afraid of us and worships Nidus, its just not the behavior of something that could control anything else but what it is linked to.

Why wouldn't that be his behavior? He's uncomfortable around Zariman Children for the same reason the other Infested are: he can't infest Zariman Kids. That just feels wrong to Technocyte beings. But Helminth is a good guy who reacts with a "please go away because I hate you" while the rest of the Infested are vicious monsters who react with a "OH GOD THE DEFILERS ARE BACK DIE DIE DIE PLEASE JUST DIE ALREADY"