Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Full Rework Discussion


NuclearCoffeePot
 Share

Recommended Posts

This page is dedicated to concepts for a large scale Revenant rework to make him more thematically appropriate-

I will provide a link to the page dedicated to a smaller scale rework below

Revenant as is does not deliver on his theme as an Eidolon frame, due mainly to an unclear development cycle where the theme was muddled up with vampires- The ideas I will now propose are intented to be more thematically appropriate, interesting, and fun- They are not finalized, leave your feedback and ideas in the comments and I will do my utmost best to read them, understand them, and edit my own ideas accordingly to help create a better image of what the community wants. With that said here are my ideas.

Quote

 

Passive-His current can go out the window- New passive- Regenerating Scream-

Quote

When his shields are depleted Revenant releases a scream that stuns nearby enemies and links him to his Eidolon Minions(will discuss) He will then drain health and shields from them to restore his shields, excess healing will become Energy-

1st Power-Blood Summon-Based after the hydrolist's ability- On activation Blood Summon marks the targeted enemy, reducing their hp/shields/ and movement speed by a percentage- Killing the target will create a Bloom- a brief portal that summons the Eidolon Primalyst- a unique eidolon minion for Revenant to utilize in combat-

Primalyst Mock-up info and stats

Quote

 

The Primalyst is a sentient beast, appearing as a hollow wolf shaped creature made up of eidolon bone plate's, the interior is vacant and contains only energy and the face is similar to that of a vomvalyst though more animalistic, with a lower jaw being formed from eidolon energies-

The Primalyst itself, fitting for both a destructive Eidolon and the original use of Revenant which was as a warden, is capable of rushing, immobilizing, and subsequently damaging it's targets- as such I have modeled the Primalyst's stats after those of the Sunika Kubrow as it was bred as a combat variant of Kubrow- Of course since you can have several Primalyst's active the stats will be reduced accordingly(do keep in mind these are only a temp example and have not been fully balanced statwise- the example's I give for it's numbers are only mock-up's)

Attack types- The primalyst has two attacks 

First type- The Primalyst slashes at an enemy with it's front claws, dealing 50 slash damage per strike

Second Type-Primalyst tackles it's opponent at high speed, knocking them to the ground and pinning them down, It then breaths eidolon energy across it's target from it's mouth- This attack deals 50 corrosive and 50 magnetic damage per second for x seconds(the duration of the pin and attack is increased with duration mods)

Health-90 base-270 at ability max rank

Shields-70 base-210 at ability max rank

Armor-50

Crit chance-low- 5%

Crit damage-2.5x

Status chance-10%- based on power strength


Primalyst's gather near Revenant when first summoned

 

 

2nd ability-

Quote

 

Mesmer skin isn't really a good name for this ability, I'm open for suggestions: On cast revenant create's a health buffer for himself- for x seconds after the initial cast(based on duration) revenant taunts enemies nearby into attacking him and absorbs their damage, absorbed damage adds increasing amounts of over-shields to the buffer, in addition, for every damage type he is struck by his buffer gains stacking damage reduction to those types(this reduction applies to both over-shields and health and lasts for x seconds after his buffer is destroyed)-

Active Primalyst's will also recieve overshields and 50% of the damage reduction

 

3-Dance Macabre-
 

Quote

 

Dance Macabre now has 2 functions-

 

On tap cast- Revenant sweeps one hand in an arc, firing lasers that sweep across a 180 degree angle- 

On hold cast- Revenant transitions into a rotation mode, his body remains still but he raises his hand over his head, creating a prism of light that fires lasers omnidirectionally- With each full rotation the lasers damage grows and the damage of the lasers adapts to it's enemies with repeated hits- In this form Revenant may only rotate up to 4 time's at base-cap's at 8 rotations

-Damage growth based on power strength

-Range of lasers based on range

-Duration effects how many time's revenant rotate's

All lasers now have a vertical Hitbox, damaging enemies both above and below the actual laser visual effect

When lasers strike Primalyst's they will sacrifice 25% of their maximum hp to create a pillar of eidolon flames that damages enemies who enter-Pillar is wider then current pillars- this may only occur once twice per cast of Dance Macabre

 

 

 

 

4-Summoning Scream-

Quote

 

As the "anchor" for the eidolon to pull itself into the material world this ability seems only fitting-

-On cast Revenant summons 4 Eidolon Pieces within his affinity range, the pieces appear as large Sentient bone's and Eidolon body parts, all wreathed in eidolon tendrils- These Pieces begin to corrupt the surrounding environment, applying a DOT effect to enemies who pass within range

-Ability is a channeled effect with a low drain per second

  • -Eidolon Pieces have their own Health and shields, and mirror some of Revenants abilities to an extent
  1. Casting Blood Summon will create a Primalyst from each Eidolon piece
  2. Casting will cause the Pieces to mirror the taunt and use absorbed damage to heal themselves and generate overshields
  3. When Dance Macabre hit's Pieces they create an explosion at the cost of 25% of their max hp- can happen twice per cast of Dance Macabre
  4. When Pieces are outside of Revenants affinity range they despawn after x seconds and respawn near Revenant

 

 


 

I believe an interesting way to please the whole crowd would be to introduce a quest of sorts when you have the Revenant frame, It allows you to, at the end, either keep revenant the same or split him into two different frames, the Eidolon form, and the Original form- THis will allow ppl who like current Rev to have that with the necessary updates, ppl who want a full eidolon frame will get that + we can play as what Revenant was originally, I have actually generated a concept for that, lemme know what you think

Thematically-A mystic of sorts, with a focus on mesmerising foes and the vampiric aspect originally intended for Rev, I intend to keep some of Reb's concepts with changes of course-

To fit his theme I chose a name honoring of a famous mystic, and one actually rumored at the time of his existence to be a vampire for his ability to bewitch and the famous time when he was assasinated but even after being shot and poisoned the cause of death was drowning because they threw him into the river after all that- this may ring some bells for people- I am of course talking about Rasputin, Russian priest and Mystic- for the name I will use his first- Grigori- which can be altered in dialect to fit warframe quite well I think- 

"This is Grigori, the mystic, the heretic, seducing an army of thralls, he toys with his enemies until the time come's to feast"

I have done my best to give him 3 different options for how to build him for different playstyles- I will discuss this later

Abilities:

Passive-The old Idea of gaining Lifesteal based on your energy pool works rather well- I propose that he gains lifesteal for every % of missing energy, thus letting him sustain himself even when he cannot rely on abilities

1-Enthrall-Grigori extends a hand towards his chosen foe, bewitching them with his power, the Enemy becomes a thrall, they attack their former allies- The thralls are coated in a "Mesmer Skin" the first 1/2/2/3 enemies to attack them also become enthralled- Thralls also gain a % damage bonus for every active thrall(scaling with strength)- they are duration based- WHile not immune to damage when a thrall is slain by another ally there is a % chance(also based on power strength) for the slain thrall to create a seeking projectile that targets an enemy and enthralls them-

2-Hypnotic Mirror-Grigori channels his powers to create a hypnotic mirror around his body-the coverage is angle based similar to Baruuk's Elude- Enemies are taunted into attacking the mirror, after which they become entranced by it, becoming pacified as long as the mirror is active and for a duration after that- while in this form Grigori can cast other abilities however, he may enthrall pacified enemies with a reduced cast time and energy cost- casting 4 does not interrupt the mirror- 3 interaction will be explained next

3-Reave- Reave causes Grigori to dissolve into a free floating mist form, he links to enemies around him and drains a % of their maximum health and shields- increased against enemies afflicred by his other three abilities(does stack if they have been effected by several(ex: pacified-then enthralled=2 stacks+4 effect=3 stacks)- the drain(based on strength) occurs over the duration of the ability and the range of the link is based on range, thralls effected by the link will follow in range- When cast in his 2 form the channel will be disabled and resume on touchdown- casting 4 in this form will cause you to exit- can recast to exit early- cannot cast enthrall inside this form

4-Basically the old Rev 4 before dm was introduced- Grigori forces enemies in range into a deep slumber, they do not awaken on damage-duration of the sleep based on duration- range based on range

 

The gist: The gist of this concept is that there are 3 possible build paths

Power/Duration- This build elevates enthrall by increasing damage and how long they last while also allowing you to remain in reave for a long period and avoid damage - this does not buff reave as much as you would think as the tether range is reduced and the health drain takes place over the duration of the ability-this does however, due to the tether causing thralls to follow, let you move around with thralls all around you, enabling you to effectively conduct your troops

Power/Range- Focuses on Reave's damage potential by increasing both the range of the tether and the drain- because the drain takes course over the duration of the ability the reduced duration from this build will enable you to leach quickly and effectively but you will not have as powerful of cc or a long damage immunity period

Range/Duration-Focus on Hypnotic Mirror and 4- Since taunt+pacification on 2 is based on range and the duration after exiting the mirror is based on duration plus the obvious 4 scaling and the ability to stay inside your reave for prolonged periods will enable you to move quickly and cc large areas while remaining mostly unharmed

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rather than a full rework I'd like an augment or just pure change for the thralls to die once the power ends, giving you overshields and health, or energy. Even if it's a lower cap you get a small force of the enemies own troops to kill for you, then they die at the end of the time. Or if thralls that die under the effect become Vomvalysts that continue to fight for you, and can't be killed by allies because that's obnoxious and ruins Enthrall. The problem with it now is that you get about 8 or so thralls and if you don't kill them before the time is up they go right back to fighting you. I think his powers are okay for the most part, but Enthrall could use a change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Rather than a full rework I'd like

Well, there's the other thread still. Apparently it was impossible to discuss both things in the same thread. I don't know whether this thread needs to exist, but rather than encouraging it further when you don't need it yourself, it'd be best to go post in the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, Revenant needs a full rework.

You don't need to just tell them no, as I stated in last post, Constructive criticism is welcome, give an example of why you believe he is wrong at least or learn to let stuff go

28 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Well, there's the other thread still. Apparently it was impossible to discuss both things in the same thread. I don't know whether this thread needs to exist, but rather than encouraging it further when you don't need it yourself, it'd be best to go post in the other.

I explain my reasoning. 1- not to clutter up the main post 2- to prevent the small rework vs large rework crowds for Rev fighting in chat, by splitting it, it is easier for me to manage-

Edited by NuclearCoffeePot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Rather than a full rework I'd like an augment or just pure change for the thralls to die once the power ends, giving you overshields and health, or energy. Even if it's a lower cap you get a small force of the enemies own troops to kill for you, then they die at the end of the time. Or if thralls that die under the effect become Vomvalysts that continue to fight for you, and can't be killed by allies because that's obnoxious and ruins Enthrall. The problem with it now is that you get about 8 or so thralls and if you don't kill them before the time is up they go right back to fighting you. I think his powers are okay for the most part, but Enthrall could use a change. 

To that REd I recomend you to the link available in the post, it takes you to an alternate thread with a smaller scale rework mainly focusing on qol and enthrall changes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-30 at 9:52 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, Revenant needs a full rework.

-That's what this whole page is for, please leave your own idea's for a rework rather then restating your opinion as though it is fact- It doesn't matter if other people think something different, the page is for discussion and sharing ideas, at least Red Dough Boy gave an idea in a polite and concise manner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

-That's what this whole page is for, please leave your own idea's for a rework rather then restating your opinion as though it is fact- It doesn't matter if other people think something different, the page is for discussion and sharing ideas, at least Red Dough Boy gave an idea in a polite and concise manner

Revenant Rework or death.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For his passive,i will prob give him an adaptive damage effect with 75% status chance

The adaptive damage will be similar to the adaptive damage from his 4 currently,but with a fixed status chace at 75%

Corrosive for Armor,Magnetic for shields,gas for infested health and viral for non infested health.

His passive affects all of his abilities that deal damage

 

For his 1,his thralls are not permanent until 'dead',when they are killed,they will turn into a spectral form similar to vomolysts for a set duration,with a bonus damage multiplier.

Also thralls in normal and spectral form as affected by his passive.

 

His 2 will be reworked to a duration based adaptation like effect,but granting 100% resistance to up to 4 damage type,resisted damage will be amplified and reflected back at the enemy.

 

His 3 can be completely replaced...with an ability similar to the Conculyst's cyclone ability,generates a powerful cyclone charged with sentient energy around the frame,greatly increasing his movement speed and granting full damage immunity,enemies that are unfortunate to be in range of this ability will take heavy damage. The duration of the ability will be short,but it can be powerful is used right

For his 4,i will add a small AOE effect to his beams on impact,similar to how the prism lasers from the Battalyst work.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

For his passive,i will prob give him an adaptive damage effect with 75% status chance

The adaptive damage will be similar to the adaptive damage from his 4 currently,but with a fixed status chace at 75%

Corrosive for Armor,Magnetic for shields,gas for infested health and viral for non infested health.

His passive affects all of his abilities that deal damage

Slapping the adaptive damage on his passive would be nice, very effective overall

2 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

For his 1,his thralls are not permanent until 'dead',when they are killed,they will turn into a spectral form similar to vomolysts for a set duration,with a bonus damage multiplier.

Also thralls in normal and spectral form as affected by his passive.

Sounds good

 

2 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

His 2 will be reworked to a duration based adaptation like effect,but granting 100% resistance to up to 4 damage type,resisted damage will be amplified and reflected back at the enemy.

If you are going to remove damage immunity and switch it out for reduction you should consider keeping the health/shield drain a part of the kit, you'll still wind up taking damage and if you run into a nully it will come in handy, give it to thralls, damaging unturned thralls instantly deals max health damage to restore health and shields- excess becomes overshields- on spectral forms the restoration is doubled

2 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

His 3 can be completely replaced...with an ability similar to the Conculyst's cyclone ability,generates a powerful cyclone charged with sentient energy around the frame,greatly increasing his movement speed and granting full damage immunity,enemies that are unfortunate to be in range of this ability will take heavy damage. The duration of the ability will be short,but it can be powerful is used right

A nice touch- For the synergy just discussed let it pull spectral form thralls to your location- if you don't want to put it on that we can just have it so casting 1 with no target will summon the nearest few thralls and that can be cast inside dm and 3 

2 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

For his 4,i will add a small AOE effect to his beams on impact,similar to how the prism lasers from the Battalyst work.

I'd be fine with just a vertical hitbox but that seems possible, your rework has mainly touched on sentient ideas while keeping thrall the same so balancing it out with some eidolon would be nice, have laser's leave energy pillars when it touches terrain- This is something the gauntalyst does already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

A nice touch- For the synergy just discussed let it pull spectral form thralls to your location- if you don't want to put it on that we can just have it so casting 1 with no target will summon the nearest few thralls and that can be cast inside dm and 3 

Interesting,similar to how Wukong's cloud walker can teleport his twin to him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-30 at 11:52 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, Revenant needs a full rework.

Considering how much you dislike his desing a rework will no do. The proper word is a relaunch. Wich means kill the current revenant then create a new one.

Seriously I dislike Revenant and I think he manages to waste two cool themes and deliver one the least cohesive and unhealthy desing on warframe. But I don't share this opinion on every post about him. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Considering how much you dislike his desing a rework will no do. The proper word is a relaunch. Wich means kill the current revenant then create a new one.

Seriously I dislike Revenant and I think he manages to waste two cool themes and deliver one the least cohesive and unhealthy desing on warframe. But I don't share this opinion on every post about him. 

 

 

They can keep his 4. That technically keeps it within the confines of what would be considered a rework.

Also if you’re not hating on Revenant at every available opportunity YOU’RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They can keep his 4. That technically keeps it within the confines of what would be considered a rework.

Also if you’re not hating on Revenant at every available opportunity YOU’RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!

If he keeps his 4 by technically is a rework. Kinda funny that the most sentient thing on his kit is a last minute change due to community uproar.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dreamforger said:

Why do we want to rework an immortal frame with 100 scaling? That still needs awareness of his surrounding?

Not dying doesn’t make a frame good. Just look at old Wukong for that. And even then Revenant is one of the worst at it. A charges based defense ability was not a good choice for a game like Warframe.

His “100% scaling” is worthless due to its long setup and incredibly short range, and bizarre combination of powers to do it. 99.99999% of the time it’s far more practical to just mow down everything with your gun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Okay then question time, what does make a frame good in your eyes? Cause apparently being able to infinitely solo survival hours doesn't make a frame good for you.

After ur well versed with what a frame can and can't do, Play a defense mission and if u can't keep it from being destroyed with x frame, star listing why? Also tracking at what level your frame stopped being competitive!

Contrarians need not post!

Edited by (XB1)EPOSSTYLE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Okay then question time, what does make a frame good in your eyes? Cause apparently being able to infinitely solo survival hours doesn't make a frame good for you.

There are multiple definitions of good. 

While rev can survive the longest of any frame, except maybe ivara who just stays invisible forever, that doesnt mean he is a good design. The old wukong was very similar. He was for all intents immortal, but he had many issues within his kit that kept him from being a good frame, while still being good at surviving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...