Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack MK III weapons are not effective

(XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080

So I have tried all the MK III weapons that are obtainable in the Veil, as well as the MK III armaments researched and built from the Clan Dojo.  These weapons are severely ineffective against even the lowest tier enemies in the Veil, only exception being the Cryophon, which should be the ONLY effective weapon to use.   The enemies are simply bullet sponges for what is supposed to be the best weapons available??  And the Armaments, most dont work properly and do little damage. The only exception is the MK III Tycho Seeker.....it hits hard, when it functions properly. The other 2 weapons just dont do much at all, and I cant imagine that this is as intended.  

Anything we get in the Veil should sufficiently deal with all levels of fighters. Ok, if the fighters are the highest tier and they take 1 or 2 shots more to kill, that is expected....but thats not the current state of the game.....which is totally unbalanced and the weapons simply do not scale to the enemy level....which makes doing Railjack missions cumbersome, annoying, and just not fun...which it should be fun..this is why we play a game.....for fun and entertainment..not to be annoyed and stressed by playing the game. 

• Like 2

Without the appropriate avionics, the weapons are severely hamstrung. With them, they're much better as long as you build for heat management and let high-rank gunners use 'em. 

I have not seen this problem with the Carcinnox, at least - Mk III's eat up the fighters in the Veil. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Well two videos from Brozine and Tactical hit on the subject of the total mess of Rail Jack right now... Just par on course for every update we've gone through since, it'll be hellish and then DE tweaks it after the vacation is over...

Then it will be okay and go through all kinds of roller coaster hot fixes and changes and then in year you'll be plowing through everything and the forums will be complaining how easy it is, totally forgetting the nightmare this mode was in the beginning...

Like example I remember when they introduced the Maniac, and everyone just quit out when ever his laugh echoed and the forums were like WHAAAAAT? He can one shot me...and then he got changed and changed again, and now he's a annoyance that shows up that's easily dispatched...

We've just been through this so many times already, I'm not saying don't post feedback or voice your annoyance or whatever...it's just in a week it'll be another story, and then in two months it'll be a different beast and so forth.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

My Cryophon works fine, it does 1-3 shots on any ship if I'm close enough ( as you should be, since it's like a shotgun ).

My Carcinox is also satisfying to use when I'm at the side guns. I Like it's pew-pew style.

This is of course against the highest level enemies on the Veil Proxima, including outriders (weak spots) and the other tanky ones.

I wouldn't mind if they were stronger, but tbh it's not that bad considering we are fighting against the strongest enemies there are currently available in Railjack missions.

It's entirely possible that DE may be adding new Avionics soon, which will shift the power balance like it happened in traditional Warframe long ago. Primed Zekti Hyperstrike? ;-)

( Worth noting that I'm used to play, and enjoy, space/flight combat games, so Railjack does feel good to me.  If that's not your thing, I can understand that it may feel underwhelming.  )

vor 1 Minute schrieb BornWithTeeth:

Zetki Hyperstrike, Vidar Mk 3 Carcinnox, and a Particle Ram, and I can solo Veil missions.

Solo.

It's pretty ok.

I have been farming the Veil hours on in, every day since release.  I have yet to get a Particle Ram, a Void Hole, a Zetki Hyperstrike, a Predator.....all this stuff currently locked behind a 0.02% drop chance...just ridiculous. After all the hours put in....and it has been MANY....none of these...and no Vidar Reactor..not even a bad one! I have even been recruiting people with Mod Drop chance boosters to join my crew....still nothing.  But this is another topic for another thread.

Upshot is...there shouldnt just be a few lucky people enjoying playing Railjack whilst the rest of the community suffers from not being lucky enough to get a few things locked behind very bad RNG in order to be effective against the enemies. 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

I have been farming the Veil hours on in, every day since release.  I have yet to get a Particle Ram, a Void Hole, a Zetki Hyperstrike, a Predator.....all this stuff currently locked behind a 0.02% drop chance...just ridiculous. After all the hours put in....and it has been MANY....none of these...and no Vidar Reactor..not even a bad one! I have even been recruiting people with Mod Drop chance boosters to join my crew....still nothing.  But this is another topic for another thread.

Upshot is...there shouldnt just be a few lucky people enjoying playing Railjack whilst the rest of the community suffers from not being lucky enough to get a few things locked behind very bad RNG in order to be effective against the enemies. 

Of those four things you mentioned, I have only two of them, and I did not pick up either of them in the Veil. I think I got them both in Saturn Proxima...?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Vit0Corleone:

My Cryophon works fine, it does 1-3 shots on any ship if I'm close enough ( as you should be, since it's like a shotgun ).

My Carcinox is also satisfying to use when I'm at the side guns. I Like it's pew-pew style.

This is of course against the highest level enemies on the Veil Proxima, including outriders (weak spots) and the other tanky ones.

I wouldn't mind if they were stronger, but tbh it's not that bad considering we are fighting against the strongest enemies there are currently available in Railjack missions.

It's entirely possible that DE may be adding new Avionics soon, which will shift the power balance like it happened in traditional Warframe long ago. Primed Zekti Hyperstrike? 😉

( Worth noting that I'm used to play, and enjoy, space/flight combat games, so Railjack does feel good to me.  If that's not your thing, I can understand that it may feel underwhelming.  )

Well, you are making an assumption here....and it is my thing, I love the space combat aspect ...I just want it to work! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XB1)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

Well, you are making an assumption here....and it is my thing, I love the space combat aspect ...I just want it to work! 

Well if you're used to space/flight combat, you probably know that the dog fighting game play doesn't usually mean effortlessly one shooting everything unless you're like using missiles or some kind of ordnance.

Typically if you're using the likes of a machine gun, you'll have to pew-pew quite a bit and chase them down. That's what dog fighting is all about, and it's the same feeling I get from, say, using the Carcinox.

If this is good or not for Warframe, is debatable. People that like that dog fighting style of space shooters, will probably find the guns fine and enjoy it. People that want to replicate in Railjack the typical Warframe power fantasy of killing 10 baddies with a swipe of a melee or hitting 4 and clearing an entire spawn, may not enjoy this. And that's fine.

• Like 2

I use Lavan Hyperstrike and Zetki Section Density and a Vidar Cryophon MKIII, and also use the Tycho Seeker MKIII to oneshot outriders and ramsled

and can solo the mission just fine in 13-15min (giant point) or 20-24(any other)  or 30 min with the sentient ship, but that is because i got a Void Hole in one of my solo runs before getting it i was completing mission in 30-50min

MKIII Weapons alone have decent performance vs Zone 3 Enemies, lower Tier Weapons with good Damage Mods have decent performance vs Zone 3 Enemies.

both of them together, Kills Zone 3 Enemies quite well.
there are a few of the Weapon Archetypes&Variants that struggle due to some limitations (mainly Range issues, Photor and Pulsar desperately need an Extended Range model - any Cryophon other than Vidar needs to actually offer some useful alternatives to what Vidar offers - most of the Weapon Variants overall just don't offer enough difference between each other).
however, i don't know what you're doing wrong, but my Ship works just fine. and even before i had essentially everything maxed out, it still worked just fine.

the Homing Missile Ordnance isn't the only effective option.... the Rocket Barrage literally deals more Damage than it, it's just a Shotgun style instead.
Galvarc is limited by that Fire Status in Railjack is just useless.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

whilst the rest of the community suffers from not being lucky enough to get a few things locked behind very bad RNG in order to be effective against the enemies. 

you can complete Zone 3 Missions without much trouble with half of your Ships' Mod Slots empty and with just whatever Guns you have access to by the time you get there.

so you're not suffering with being unable to complete Missions smoothly without rare items.

19 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

A good point - weapons are pretty low on the "Things what need fixin'" list for Railjack. 

What should be fixed, amongst other things, is the absurd enemy scaling.

Making enemies spongy as hell does not magically create difficulty. Instead, it only serves to promote frustration and boredom.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Well two videos from Brozine and Tactical hit on the subject of the total mess of Rail Jack right now

Both those videos hit the nail on the head. Steve and Scott need to sit down and seriously watch them.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Vit0Corleone:

I finally got a Vidar Cryophon 2 days ago...the only one I have dropped so far out of many many Veil mission, Repair Drone to use it instantly.....tonight it disappeared from my inventory!  Support ticket submitted. 

Well after the vacation is over I'm sure they're going to do some tuning, though there's a possibility it won't be good.

I think there's probably an equal possibility that they will either nerf cryophons to make them just as bad as the other weapons, or buff all the other weapons to be closer to the cryophons.

Vidar Carcinox and Vidar Apocs are really good on Veil and can kill everything that is not a crewship in a short burst, cryophons can oneshot but have far less range so i use these on pilot seat and put vidars on gunners seat so the gunner can clean what fly stray from my vision

Edit: I'm using maxed Zetki hyperstrike, Predator, Polar Coil, Section Density and Winged Storm (yep, winged avionics affect the railjack too, so it's a nice 20% little boost on your dmg)

Edited by Duskham

3 minutes ago, Duskham said:

Vidar Carcinox and Vidar Apocs are really good on Veil and can kill everything that is not a crewship in a short burst, cryophons can oneshot but have far less range so i use these on pilot seat and put vidars on gunners seat so the gunner can clean what fly stray from my vision

Edit: I'm using maxed Zetki hyperstrike, Predator, Polar Coil, Section Density and Winged Storm (yep, winged avionics affect the railjack too, so it's a nice 20% little boost on your dmg)

The Winged mods affecting the Railjack is very obviously a mistake, mind, and one which is likely to get fixed in the first major round of balance passes.