Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quellor(Auto mode) vs Supra Vandal

DarthIronclad

I did some testing between the 2 today,both using the same exact build,against various enemies.

The build i used:

Serration,Split Chamber,Point Strike,Vital Sense,Malignant Force,High Voltage,Vigilante Armaments and Infected Clip

I replaced High Voltage with Thermite Rounds for tests vs Corpus and Infested

I do have a video recorded of me testing,but is unedited...I can upload it and post it here if you guys want me to do it.

Anyway here is my breakdown

Quellor

Pros

Better Base Damage

Low Recoil

Innate 0.5m Punch through

Hitscan

Cons

Lower rate of fire

Slow Reload Speed

Ammo Issues

Supra Vandal

Lower Crit stats

Pros

Good rate of fire

Good Crit stats

Good ammo economy

Better Reload speed

Cons

Projectile

A bit of recoil

From my tests,The Supra Vandal kills enemies faster than the Quellor,but the Quellor uses less ammo to kill a same level enemy than the Supra Vandal.

To me,both are fairly evenly matched,and is personal preference in which you choose.

If you want raw DPS to melt through everything,go with the Supra Vandal,if you want something that is easier to handle and want to land consistent headshots,go with the Quellor.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Quellor also has the crit-based alt fire, which while expensive, is definitely worth mentioning

Which hits like a steel brick when properly modded, you just have to make sure to have an ammo mutation in use if you plan on using the alt fire alot.

• Like 1

It's worth saying that the Zenith is very similar as well, though hitscan. I haven't tried building for crit on the Quellor, which means I haven't tried the secondary fire under a realistic build, but all three of these weapons have similar damage and status-spraying properties.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

I like Boltor Prime better than Supra Vandal.

Boltor P getting turned into a Status weapon was weird, I prefer the Telos Boltor (with a +CC Riven for guaranteed Crits woo).

4 hours ago, nslay said:

I built Quellor recently and I'm not looking forward to a 4 second reload.

For mitigating reload issues (in general), try Synth Deconstruct & Fiber on your Companion, auto reloads during Melee = yes pls.

I did not like the quellor personally. 

It's a good weapon, but it's just lacking when compared to other weapons. 

The Zenith, fulmin and kuva quartakk perform significantly better in my opinion and have better qol. 

I am comparing these cause they all have some sort of alt fire. 

Comparing purely with high mag auto weapons I still prefer my supra Vandal with the energy augment over the quellor, I even had a riven which I traded cause I did not like the base fire rate, alt fire charge up and ammo cost along with the poor reload speed. 

Would have been excellent for tactical reload if that mod wasn't bugged and only working for hosts though. Then again that's true for the other weapons too. 

Also just to let people know, the quellor looks like the Nezha jinza helmet. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

The weapon is ok.. but the 4 second reload is a bit too much..

It sucks for railjack missions though.. I tried it in the last mission of Saturn and this one heavy Gunner on the enemy ship took my whole clip.. just ate the bullets like cupcakes..

Those heavy gunners can take 3-4 red crit head shots from Kuva Chakkhurr. It's not Quellor's fault.

26 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Yep,lots of weapons have issues dealing with them,the 2 viable ways for me are viral melee with forced slash stances or viral slash weapon with a chroma

Just tested a Kuva Kohm against level 140 of these. A Toxin Kuva Kohm modded for Viral and Hunter Munitions takes ~1 full clip to kill just one. Half a clip for level 100 which is probably around what you see in Veil.

52 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Yep,lots of weapons have issues dealing with them,the 2 viable ways for me are viral melee with forced slash stances or viral slash weapon with a chroma

I just use the Ohma with corrosive and the Sovereign Outcast stance, the electric proc locks them all down while corrosive strips all their armor and the stance has innate slash procs. No Chroma needed and it deletes them in seconds.