Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashframe

CGSS93

the game is crashing continuously, I do not know if it is due to the game itself or if it is my computer that is bothering me, my computer is completely new, I obtained it just about 2 days ago, and since downloading Warframe it has been giving me problems, I had to move graphic settings, screen resolutions, everything so that the game would let me in, and once inside the game the message "Warframe has crashed" appears at all times and most of the time when I'm doing something important Or just when I'm going to finish a mission, will this have any solution? Is my computer the problem or the game is crashing to others too? I hope you can help me...

if you have any questions about my specifications this is my pc build: ryzen 7 2700x, RX 5700 XT, RAM 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MB Aorus gaming X470, SSD 480GB, HDD 3TB

If you want anyone to care about your problem, you should be way more specific about the way it crashes, any significant details on when it crashes or when you do what. There are a lot of different bugs in this game so just saying "the game is crashing continuously" won't lead anywhere.

15 hours ago, CGSS93 said:

the game is crashing continuously, I do not know if it is due to the game itself or if it is my computer that is bothering me, my computer is completely new, I obtained it just about 2 days ago, and since downloading Warframe it has been giving me problems, I had to move graphic settings, screen resolutions, everything so that the game would let me in, and once inside the game the message "Warframe has crashed" appears at all times and most of the time when I'm doing something important Or just when I'm going to finish a mission, will this have any solution? Is my computer the problem or the game is crashing to others too? I hope you can help me...

if you have any questions about my specifications this is my pc build: ryzen 7 2700x, RX 5700 XT, RAM 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MB Aorus gaming X470, SSD 480GB, HDD 3TB

You need technical support.
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/202940448-Technical-Support

9 hours ago, Tak_Thoan said:

If you want anyone to care about your problem, you should be way more specific about the way it crashes, any significant details on when it crashes or when you do what. There are a lot of different bugs in this game so just saying "the game is crashing continuously" won't lead anywhere.

Hey, how about this for details? Oh, I was accessing the Tactical Panel and then it crashed. Oh, I was dog fighting in space and it crashed. Oh, I was just using my synthesis scanner and it crashed.

These are not reproducible in the sense that we can give detailed instructions to lead the developers to the crash. They need a core dump or similar.

And this page:

https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail

Does not make me feel better! You hear that? I've seen this page numerous times before. Don't show it to me again! I don't want to see good intentions and smilies every time I lose a ton of progress in Railjack as a solo player (and yes, this only happens in Railjack).

What even ticks me off more was I had a nice mission with 1 objective to push through. Then when I restarted, I had 2 objectives in addition to the usual 6/90! Then I aborted and restarted again. Two objectives again! I don't want two objectives when I originally had one before the crash!

I don't even bother to farm or kill enemies anymore. I am too afraid of the loss. You can easily sink ~2 hours into Railjack with only 1 hour of progress to show for it. I just rush through everything. Railjack is currently sketchy to the point that I wonder "Will it crash this time?" I've never felt this way about anything else in Warframe before. To be fair, this is only like a once or twice per day kind of crash with no clear pattern or cause.

il y a une heure, nslay a dit :

To be fair, this is only like a once or twice per day kind of crash with no clear pattern or cause.

For you maybe. But the fact these bugs don't show any clear pattern of cause for you doesn't make it absolute for everyone.

Simple proof : The bug I get the most is an ever restarting loading screen when someone invites me to their Dry Dock and it's stuck to the point alt+f4 takes 2 to 3 minutes to  take effects. It appears only a few people bug me like that and restarting the game doesn't remove the bug if it's the same host that invites me.

This bug is reproducible and causes can reasonably be found.

I get it : you're pissed off because you get a lot of these bugs ? We are many to have felt the need to smash something after loosing a bunch of phat loot, no problem with that.

Also : you don't want to spend half an hour or more on reporting a bug, with all the procedure that goes with it ? No problem either.

If you don't want to spend time and help figuring out these bugs, that's ok. Now let the people who are willing to help do so.

Because figuring out those bugs is possible if you're patient and observant. Doesn't make sense to you currently ? Maybe will later.

Although I admit it's not easy to keep calm in the current conditions. If it's too buggy for you, you could just go play something else one week or two. Worked out great for me when they released the Plains of Eidolon and I was unable to load the map and make it run correctly during the first few days. Avoided me to spoil all the fun of a new update by grinding it when it is the most frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Tak_Thoan said:

For you maybe. But the fact these bugs don't show any clear pattern of cause for you doesn't make it absolute for everyone.

Simple proof : The bug I get the most is an ever restarting loading screen when someone invites me to their Dry Dock and it's stuck to the point alt+f4 takes 2 to 3 minutes to  take effects. It appears only a few people bug me like that and restarting the game doesn't remove the bug if it's the same host that invites me.

This bug is reproducible and causes can reasonably be found.

I get it : you're pissed off because you get a lot of these bugs ? We are many to have felt the need to smash something after loosing a bunch of phat loot, no problem with that.

Also : you don't want to spend half an hour or more on reporting a bug, with all the procedure that goes with it ? No problem either.

If you don't want to spend time and help figuring out these bugs, that's ok. Now let the people who are willing to help do so.

Because figuring out those bugs is possible if you're patient and observant. Doesn't make sense to you currently ? Maybe will later.

Although I admit it's not easy to keep calm in the current conditions. If it's too buggy for you, you could just go play something else one week or two. Worked out great for me when they released the Plains of Eidolon and I was unable to load the map and make it run correctly during the first few days. Avoided me to spoil all the fun of a new update by grinding it when it is the most frustrating.

Let's be clear here. I report a lot of bugs. Check my post history!

Let me repeat this: These types of crashes are beyond reporting because they require core dumps to properly debug. They are not reproducible. A post on this forum would amount to OP or the three real examples I gave you. I know these are not helpful, ergo, I don't post them!

Here's one very basic thing you can do (that Warframe's hardwarefail page neglects to mention!), you can use the Windows Event Viewer to inspect a crash.

Start --> Type "Event Viewer" --> Run "Event Viewer"

In Event Viewer, collapse "Windows Logs" and select "System" (it may take a while to load!). Go to about the time the game crashed and look at any "Error", "Warning" and "Information" entry alike. In my case, the recurring theme is this:

A "Warning" of this form:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

What causes this? I have no clue! It's not a proper driver crash! But it only generally happens when playing Railjack... Railjack must be a special kind of GPU intensive to the rest of Warframe! If you see this, you might try things like (and this may be misguided!):

1) Disable any overlays (Discord, Windows 10's game overlay... I disabled these on day 1)
2) Disable the fancy wallpaper features Windows 10 has. Despite showing cute messages like, "While you were gaming, we did this security scan!" messages, Windows 10 often decides it should change your wallpaper while playing GPU-intensive games (why? I don't know!).
3) Kill Discord before playing Warframe (because it has an established history of crashing games!).

This time, I've opted to mess with the registry! Fun! Windows solutions tend to always involve extremes like rebooting, reinstalling stuff, messing with the registry, reinstalling Windows. In my case, I've decided I should adjust the timeout threshold for when Windows decides to restart the graphics driver using the "TdrDelay" registry key documented here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

If you do this, it's at your own risk. I hate Microsoft with a passion for hiding stuff like this in the registry (among many many other reasons).

Nope, TdrDelay doesn't fix it. I finished my last Veil node (twice!). I'm done. I'm not playing Railjack for a long while. I'm sick of this.

I do not want to spend 30-40 minutes killing 90 fighters and 6 crewships, cruising smoothly through space to my first objective and watching the Windows screen momentarily turn black and Warframe showing me that stupid hardwarefail page with all its patronizing sentiments and obnoxious smilies. Hey player, your game crashed! You lost everything! Are you an overclocker? Oh, maybe you shouldn't overclock *smiley*. Thanks DE, so irritatingly friendly... everything is OEM default from day 1. I'm tired of it.

I did the mission again (in a total of 20 minutes!) by spamming lots of energy pizzas and rushing through everything. I got 1 intrinsic point to the original 6 that I lost. This is not fun.

And the worst part? Nothing actually crashed! Oh yeah, this is the latest Nvidia driver too! This only happens in your Railjack mode!

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I was playing with cuda-memcheck and noticed that I needed to pull up NVIDIA's Nsight Monitor and set some WDDM options (like the one I mentioned before, TdrDelay!). Cuda-memcheck makes all those CUDA kernels run extra special slow so that TDR will yank the driver or block the application to be debugged (if you're curious something like this). So nice of it not to yank my driver out like it does for Warframe!

https://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/developertools/desktop/nsight/timeout_detection_recovery.htm

Lo' and behold... my value was still set to 2! So whatever Microsoft documented about WDDM and the registry keys is wrong! Why does that NOT surprise me? I hate Microsoft.

Now just for context, I have written CUDA software that uses all the cores on my machine and almost consistently 99% GPU usage for 1-2 days straight. Never ONCE did I ever have TDR yank the driver like it does for Warframe and Railjack. I had this system crunning hot for almost 2 days straight without a single hiccup.

I don't know what to tell you DE... Your Railjack must be some kind of special GPU intensive. Or maybe your crashing scripts escape into some kind of graphics debug mode that causes the GPU to look hung much like cuda-memcheck?

Anyway... now that Nsight Monitor claims my TdrDelay is 30 seconds instead of 2 seconds, I might give Warframe Railjack another shot after this paper deadline. Why should Warframe players need CUDA toolkit tools to set this value? Why doesn't Microsoft expose this in some configuration UI? Silly Microsoft!

On 2019-12-31 at 2:29 AM, CGSS93 said:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x specifications is only up to 2933 MT/s DDR4. Anything higher might be unstable with possible random crashes.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ryzen+2700x+specs

Enter motherboard settings, by repeatedly press DEL when turning on computer. For stability, make sure it is running at DDR4 2933 MT/s or less, for Ryzen 2700x.

My Ryzen 2400g fails with 3200 MT/s, with what looks like crashframe "Warframe has crashed" but also crash computer like random Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD), and Prime95 shows errors. Works fine at 2933 MT/s, and so far, works at 3000 MT/s.

Might want to test CPU and some RAM with Prime95 torture test.