Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it safe to use this "trick"?

Cloud

People are farming intrinsics with the stealth multiplier method, and many got already their 10/10/10/10. Since we got the experience of noobshowtek, is it really safe to use it till holidays end and DE will fix it ?

I mean the only thing which goes beyond normal gameplay according to me is aborting at the end to speed up the process, for the rest this is the same of adaro, and if adaro is ok, this should be too.

DE has included it and not fixed it.
It might be known or unknown to them... why would they punish players?
e.g. if I were to play a Sleepquinox in the missions and get more affinity, is that broken?
Also... no one is "hurt" if some players already have quadruple rank 10.

Would be a different thing if they had found a way fo duplicate drops or stuff and sold them.

• Like 1

They didn't fix it when people used it to farm focus (and I think some people still do). They don't fix eximus stronghold sortie farm either. Why would they fix this ? It still take a lot of time to get to 10/10/10/10 with this "trick" and it isn't fun to do for most people.

il y a 5 minutes, Cloud a dit :

I mean the only thing which goes beyond normal gameplay according to me is aborting at the end to speed up the process, for the rest this is the same of adaro, and if adaro is ok, this should be too.

I think we should get 2x intrinsics when completing a mission like everything related to affinity. I hope it's a bug.

There are two reasons I'm going to say it is 'safe' to use:

1. All of the mechanics this farm is based off of have been in the game for years. If DE starts banning players for using mechanics that they put in the game, it would be very bad PR for DE.
  2. Enough players have been using this method that DE would be removing a significant part of their player-base if they start banning players for this.

So while DE is going to remove this, I don't see them punishing players for it.

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Noobshowtek abused a bug. The stealth multiplier has been a standard feature of the game for ages.

I mean, even in this farm there is a bug with the operator to reach faster the galleon, I guess that's a big no, at this point.

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

It is not an exploit but a sorta of significant DE oversight. If they have a problem with it, they can remove the stealth bonus from railjack and be done with it when they get back from their vacation. 

Stealth exp bonus was introduced long time ago, around mid 2014 if I'm not mistaken to encourage stealthy ninja gameplay instead of running around gunning like Rambo so it should be safe. If they want to fix this they can simply remove the multiplier and make no intrinsic gained if you abort to make people stay and finish the mission

13 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I mean, even in this farm there is a bug with the operator to reach faster the galleon, I guess that's a big no, at this point.

Eh, I guess? You don't even need to use that, though, you can just fly to it normally. It doesn't really save you that much time.

Edited by SordidDreams

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Stealth exp bonus was introduced long time ago, around mid 2014 if I'm not mistaken to encourage stealthy ninja gameplay instead of running around gunning like Rambo so it should be safe. If they want to fix this they can simply remove the multiplier and make no intrinsic gained if you abort to make people stay and finish the mission

I mean we all agree that stealth multi is an old and consolidated feature. But can be considered the fact that it affects the intrinsics gains in railjack as a bug, and its use as "bug abuse"?

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

no intrinsic gained if you abort to make people stay and finish the mission

Yeah, that's what I'm dreading. I don't think completely avoiding playing railjack is the intended method of progressing through the railjack upgrades, and since people don't want to play railjack, it would be a very DE thing to simply make them.

Just now, Cloud said:

I mean we all agree that stealth multi is an old and consolidated feature. But can be considered the fact that it affects the intrinsics gains in railjack as a bug, and its use as "bug abuse"?

Since intrinsic gain is based on exp gain, what is the reason it's a bug when it's a mechanic used to its full use? What justifies it as bug abuse? At best it's efficient gaining

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Since intrinsic gain is based on exp gain, what is the reason it's a bug when it's a mechanic used to its full use? What justifies it as bug abuse? At best it's efficient gaining

It would not fall under the "bug" category but the unintended method of use that DE might consider an exploit of the system.

DE will figure this out when they get back and if it was really a big deal it would have already been hot-fixed by someone.

Stealth multipliers? I think you'll be in the clear.

The Nooblshowtek situation was quite extreme, to be honest, a cavalcade of glitches and exploits that resulted in insta-levelling. And thus it was more than could be considered reasonable. For more 'intended mechanic being abused' things - such as this min-maxing - DE does tend to fix them but not hold the users accountable, instead treating it as 'bank error in your favour'. Much like they did with the original twitch drops, which gave people some 20-30 exilus adapters.

11 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

The irony is that 10/10/10/10 is strictly for MR fodder, because the rank 10 perks aren't actually that helpful. 

past 8 is mostly not helpful got everything to lvl 8 now and 400 pts banked nothing I want available atm waiting to see which things they fix to spend more 

I don't think it's worth it farming like that. 

I tried it once, didn't like it because it's even more boring than farming Adaro for focus and proceeded to farming Gian Point the usual way.

I'm currently pretty much halfway done with Intrinsics, that is, I've earned roughly 2048 points total and currently sitting at 9/9/9/9 with another ~2000 to go to turn that into 10/10/10/10, unless they release the Command tree real soon which will put me back another 1023 points. Since it's very likely we'll get some repeatable RJ content (Alerts? Daily quests? Sorties? Syndicate missions? Bounties?) to earn more points, I'm planning to complete the remaining ~3000 points at a more relaxed pace to avoid bad burnout like it happened with Focus, since I maxed out all schools BEFORE they introduced SO/ESO and had little motivation to go there at all. 

De would be absolutely mad to ban people for this, the backlash would be horrendous.  Plus, de can't really afford any more players leaving.

I've never used it myself, I'm taking rj nice and slow to avoid burn out and make the content last a bit longer.  But, if I'm honest, I think they should leave it in the game.  Given how goddam broken some of the things are in this mode, having a mechanic that actually helps the players would be a good thing to leave alone.