Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)draco_86

Railjack still feels like pay to play

Dont get me wrong I like railjack. But the resources, even after the patch, just do not add up quick enough for the amounts needed. Right now I'm debating on an upgrade because its taken me so long to farm for resources. But at the rate I'm going it might be a while before I can repair a zetki gun.

I understand grind as with orokin cells or tellurium but at least you dont have a daunting thousands to obtain to build one item from the foundry.

Just venting. Still fun to play and I'm really enjoying it I just feel like a hamster on a wheel at the moment.

I felt this way but as I've examined how it works it is literally the equivalent of things for the rest of the game. It just feels more money grabby. It is, but no more than anything else.

For me the problem is Titanium. I got like 3 times the amount of everything else but i can't build a thing because of how much titanium is required.

3 minutes ago, Evhel.nVbs said:

For me the problem is Titanium.

I seem to get Titanium as mission reward sometimes, for me the bottleneck is Asterite which only drops from destructible terrain.

I had hosts insisting on collecting debris for 20 minutes after each mission because of this crap...

à l’instant, Evhel.nVbs a dit :

For me the problem is Titanium. I got like 3 times the amount of everything else but i can't build a thing because of how much titanium is required.

Most of stuff require about 15k titanium.
If you play in a coordinate team with one player focusing on asteroid to gather resources, you can get about 2000-2500 telurium in a 30min mission without booster (so 4000-5000 with it), which mean about 6-8 missions for a total of 3-4h to get a weapon (again, half with a booster).
It may sounds like a lot, but considering we only have 3 non-weaponary parts and 2 weapons slots :

• If you build the very least, so the 3 non-weapon parts and 2 guns, it's ~17h30
  • If you build the 3 non-weapon part and one of each weapon, it's ~28h
  • If you build one of each house for each component, it's ~84h
  • If you build one of each house, but 2 time for weapons (because you can't use 2 time the same), it's ~136.5h

Considering you will most likely do the second option and potentially get higher difficulty railjack missions with higher loots in the future, it honestly feels ok. It's a bit longer than required farm for a regular weapon or warframe, but don't forget we only have 39 railjack components, compared to 548 total non-railjack gears, so it's important make them a bit longer to aquire, even through artificial difficulty.

Steve acknowledged himself that the repair drones in the resource grind surrounding them look bad so you are definitely not the only one.

Strange stuff, i mean, alot of people telling they have problem with it, even my clan mates are telling the same...and i have every resource 40k. Same level,+-3-5k...strange :X where i got it,hm...

10 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Strange stuff, i mean, alot of people telling they have problem with it, even my clan mates are telling the same...and i have every resource 40k. Same level,+-3-5k...strange :X where i got it,hm...

I'm the same way with orokin cells. My friends have less than 20 while i have over 250. I wish I knew how or when so maybr I could help then get more

32 minutes ago, (PS4)draco_86 said:

I'm the same way with orokin cells. My friends have less than 20 while i have over 250. I wish I knew how or when so maybr I could help then get more

You probably leveled a lot of gear on saturn.

The other guy probably played Railjack while everything dropped from fighters. I believe it was changed at some point to force players to collect debris.

1 час назад, Traumtulpe сказал:

You probably leveled a lot of gear on saturn.

The other guy probably played Railjack while everything dropped from fighters. I believe it was changed at some point to force players to collect debris.

oh,didnt know this. Maybe thats the reason,yeah. 

And previous guy i think farmed those Hyenas event,they were dropping too much orokin cells last time,people were abusing it very hard :)

3 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

it honestly feels ok.

Glad you feel ok with that ^^

I'm still bothered by not having that much Titanium because i don't wanna play No Man's Sky after i complete the mission.

PC update 27.0.8 on December 20 have increased drop rates and/or amount of some common resource like Titanium. PS4 and Xbox one does not have this update yet.

On 2019-12-20 at 2:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Significantly increased the amount of Common Resources awarded by the End of Mission Rewards. This touches on our plans for Economy balancing within Railjack, and should lend a hand to furthering your Wreckage and Payload crafting projects!

PC can enjoy this:

13 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

you can get about 2000-2500 telurium Titanium in a 30min mission without booster

PS4 and Xbox one still have poor drop rates from outdated version of Warframe, so their numbers may be a lot lower.

14 hours ago, sam686 said:

PC update 27.0.8 on December 20 have increased drop rates and/or amount of some common resource like Titanium. PS4 and Xbox one does not have this update yet.

PC can enjoy this:

PS4 and Xbox one still have poor drop rates from outdated version of Warframe, so their numbers may be a lot lower.

The problem is the increased drop rates are a cheap illusion. As long as a single resource is kept under control, it doesn't matter that you are swimming in 50k+ of everything else. As you can't build without it, you are still pushed to buy their repair drones. Considering how many parts you need for a ship and that the drones are 50 plat each (catalysts/reactors are 20, forma even less), it is a dirty cash grab.

A lot of this is not an accidental "oops we will fix it", it is by design so they get a few months to milk people and by the time they do fix it everyone will already have a railjack anyway...from their paid drones.

I dont think it a pay to play cuz their are ways to get the items needed ( as a PC player ) i understand that once the mission is done it take 20-30 minutes to collect the items but i dont mind this but its like any thing else in grinding games u have to grind them items from the start and it feels like a royal pain in the behind. But once you got a good stock and build it  up it dose not take as long as u think it just requires some effort on your part just like the rest of the game its self.

Effort requires you to put in to it not have it handed to you on a silver plate ( just saying ) 

But once you got them part's u need it feel's great to know that u have achieved some that took a little time to get to that point in the game. just like any  other games out their. 

20 hours ago, FireusI said:

Effort requires you to put in to it not have it handed to you on a silver plate ( just saying )

"Effort". Going around aimlessly it's not an effort. If you think that roaming around bored to death to collect stuff is an effort we are not on the same page. 

An effort as i intend it would be fighting a strong af enemy ship in some kind of boss battle requiring both sabotage inside and dodging/missiling outside and get resources as reward. That's an effort.

I'd say getting Tellurium has been my worst headache, in my time in this game. I'm only just now getting close to 45 Tellurium, but last night, it was like the game just didn't want me to get my own Railjack at all. Tellurium is a rare item, sure, but the best mission where you can get 'em is a survival mission on Uranus, and sometimes, you can spend over 30 minutes in one mission, and not get one.

THAT is infuriating, and I really think this is a problem, for those with a small clan who want their own Railjack.

UPDATE: Did another session, this time alone. 18 minutes, forced to leave, and no Tellurium. This is my third mission without Tellurium, now.