Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Not Playing Fair

FillyRarity

Ok, let me set the scene.

I'm just a casual Banshee, chilling in my armoury. You know, browsing through my toys and such.

Picking gear for some relaxing missions.

I decide to play to my strengths and go stealthy.

I pick up my Glaive, my Kunai and my Dread. I get into my most sneaky mod set.

I go into and infested mission, ready to silently kick some &#!.

All the infested are instantly hostile and alerted.

I don't get this.

With infested missions, sometimes you wont get the option of stealth and the game will just be like... "Look, they know you're here. Deal with it."

This is rather annoying, as I wasn't really equipped with it in mind.

This ever happened to anyone else?

Might be another faction fighting against each other. I had this happen to me several times. I was never detected but Corpus or Grineer were fighting each other, Lotus tells me that I'm detected w/out the enemies actually detecting me in the first place.

Sometimes when I start a mission, I get put in the middle of a room, with enemies looking right at me. 

Also, the stealth mechanic is kind of broken in this game anyways. For example, on higher levels a stealth attack won't 1 hit kill enemies, so that after performing a stealth attack they turn around and everyone is alerted...

just a quick question.  was there fire all over the place?

No, there were no environmental debuffs in play at the time of play.

Might be another faction fighting against each other. I had this happen to me several times. I was never detected but Corpus or Grineer were fighting each other, Lotus tells me that I'm detected w/out the enemies actually detecting me in the first place.

Interestingly, it was a clean infested exterm in eris.

Nothing but infested.

I actually think this may be part of the mission, but I don't know. Ran it twise now and both times was already alerted.

Can't imagine why they'd take out stealth though.

The Corpus is another faction that seems to be alerted as soon as you enter. I've spawned in the "locker room" multiple times and had MOAs run from another tileset to the one that I'm in. The Crewmen had no idea I was there, but the MOAs somehow knew. 

And no, I didn't spawn into the sight of a camera. Although that has happened in the past. 

Infested aren't ideal for stealth runs since there will be at least a dozen of them present at any given time. One of them will see inevitably you and alert the group.

That's why I enjoy them to be honest.

It's rewarding to walk into a room, become invisible with shade and just sit and chill for a few seconds.

When the others have their backs turned, execute one, run to the next and the next till the whole room is down.

I find it entertaining.

It is possible to stealth infested, but it can be hard.

In my own mind when they are alerted when I wouldn't think they should be I say well, all the stuff growing from the floors and walls, the whole ship is kind of alive and can communicate that there is a Tenno running through the ship killing stuff.

Enemies just need decreased awareness. If the door's closed, they shouldn't be able to hear what's going on in the next room. Those doors are at least 15-20cm of solid metal, for cryin' out loud. Grineer and Corpus should only be on full alert when the alarm is triggered, not because someone thought they saw something halfway across the level. Also, rollers, and maybe ospreys, should not be allowed to alert enemies to your presence.