Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like the new Visual Effect on Ivara Prime's Prowl

8faiNt

38 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

ecHsl3C.png

Okay, wtf is that? Doesn't look like cloaking at all

On the other hand, at least you know your position to avoid accidentally falling to pits or bumping enemies because you're being almost completely transparent so 50/50 for me

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Spoiler

ecHsl3C.png

It actually looks a lot more flashy than that if you have a brighter energy color... Personally, I think it looks pretty, and cool, but is a little too distracting. If there was a slider for opacity or whatever that'd be fine by me.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I want to know what with all the criticism of every aspect of Ivara Primes visual design.

Maybe different people just enjoy different things.

• Like 2

Eh... I don't really care one way or the other. At first I thought it'd be distracting, but after playing her for a while I realize it's not an issue for me. I just find it a bit odd they didn't utilize the new distortion effects they added in the same update. They could've made her stealth look like the Predator, now that'd have been cool.

The glitter-stealth is OK with me; much better than the jellyfish hat and the jellyfish-tentacle skirt.  The hat I could replace with another helmet (the hunter one; also goofy af though), but the skirt is there still.  Oh well, she's perma-invis after the first energy pad is up anyways, and all detail is lost in sparkle mode, so the skirt is gone in no time.

59 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

The intellectual concept of a Jellyfish suits her perfectly.

The physical aesthetic looks... well, yeah, goofy.

I guess I’m just enamored of the tree frog look. I use the standard Ivara skin and helmet on my Prime variant. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, but this is the first time I’ve seen a noticeable chunk of the forums actively criticize the appearance of a prime frame.

It's something new and different from the usual. That always happens. Plus the forums don't represent the playerbase, most players never bother with it.

Edited by xBloodySin

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

but this is the first time I’ve seen a noticeable chunk of the forums actively criticize the appearance of a prime frame.

Normally, the Prime Frames maintain the shape of the original, take either Black and Gold or White and Gold colouring and are more ornate, to match the style of the Orokin era. They could have easily kept it simple with a hood and arrow holsters like the original. But instead, we get a Jellyfish.

Not that there's anything wrong with a Jellyfish design. It could totally be cool, it's just not Ivara and I, personally, can't help but feel a little disappointed. She also doesn't look like something the Orokin would make to me. She doesn't really look Prime.

Edited by HintOfMalice