Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hijacked crewships disappear if you finish the mission

So I was doing earth solo for my own shenanigans and left the hijacked crewships lined up besides my railjack like lining up stolen cars in GTA and got 5 in posit cluster waiting for them before deciding to destroy them.

Got 2 wreckages from them (MK 1 Vidar and Zetki carcinnox) so I decided to destroy the rest just to find out the rest has gone when the mission is considered complete, leaving me feeling a bit sad for losing my stolen crewship just like that.

Anyone agree hijacked crewships should stay even after the mission is complete so you can destroy them for loot? Because I have a feeling they have better chance to drop wreckage.

But on the other hand, I'm worried this might be abused by a group that just sit there ambushing crewships for unlimited wreckage + lots of Dirac (I really need them so bad after we don't get them from fighters anymore), even if it's close to zero.

36 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Anyone agree hijacked crewships should stay even after the mission is complete so you can destroy them for loot?

You could just destroy them during the mission.

37 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Because I have a feeling they have better chance to drop wreckage.

I do not believe that this is the case. Would be silly if it were because everyone would just hijack the crewship for half a second before destroying the reactor to get more loot.

8 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

You could just destroy them during the mission.

Destroying 5 crewships solo is not that easy when you want to get them lined just for shenanigans before destroying it

10 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

I do not believe that this is the case. Would be silly if it were because everyone would just hijack the crewship for half a second before destroying the reactor to get more loot.

Better drop chance regardless of hijacking or not

4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

I thought that Crewships don't drop any wreckages, only outriders do.

Either that, or I'm unlucky af.

Actually, crewship are in fact how you get the -good- stuff, Lavan and Vidar weapons that is. Droprate is indeed very poor. (of course)

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Destroying 5 crewships solo is not that easy when you want to get them lined just for shenanigans before destroying it

4 is definitely do able. I'd have to actually sit down and do maths to work out if 5 if possible or not. Especially since the first 2 (at least) are free, it's only ones exceeding the objective that are under time constraint.

Or, if there is a mission objective (such as a Ship Killer Platform) just don't do that and then you have until the Warframe servers close to line up and destroy ships.

17 minutes ago, HintOfMalice said:

4 is definitely do able. I'd have to actually sit down and do maths to work out if 5 if possible or not. Especially since the first 2 (at least) are free, it's only ones exceeding the objective that are under time constraint.

Or, if there is a mission objective (such as a Ship Killer Platform) just don't do that and then you have until the Warframe servers close to line up and destroy ships.

It's on earth though, just for shenanigans and I would like to line up more than 10 if I can before destroying them

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Even better, they'll disappear even if currently piloted by another player.  This leaves them stuck in some kind of void according to my friend.

This happened to me. It was the usual "fell out of the map" rushing wind sound as things get further and further away, and "/unstuck" didn't help: had to abort in the end.

Even more pressing is that Crewship loot disappears if you kill another Crewship... though that might be tied to killing the last of the 6 Crewships.

Yeah, it was fun flying toward the purple mod thingy only to have it disappear when a Crewship exploded. Purple mod thingies are basically Dirac to me.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is loot not already picked up disappearing... like the purple one vanishing right before my eyes as a Crewship exploded! It was a purple thingy drop from another Crewship blowing up. Also, this is nothing like Profit Taker... this is a distant Crewship exploding and then loot from a different Crewship floating in space vanishing (purple thingies, mods, blue thingies alike).

Edited by nslay

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

This is a very nice bug report, but isn't there already a section of the forums designed specifically for bugs? Or am i delusional?

This isn't a bug. It's deliberate too prevent you from farming them. Just like how fighters flee after the required number is killed. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

This isn't a bug. It's deliberate too prevent you from farming them. Just like how fighters flee after the required number is killed. 

They don't flee. Cy says they are falling back, but they are still annoying the heck out of me well after they should have fleed! Every single time too!

2 hours ago, nslay said:

They don't flee. Cy says they are falling back, but they are still annoying the heck out of me well after they should have fleed! Every single time too!

It seems if you've shot them before they flee they stay, but I've watched formations of fighters warp away, so they do do it. Eventually. 

13 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

It seems if you've shot them before they flee they stay, but I've watched formations of fighters warp away, so they do do it. Eventually. 

Independent of whether you shot them, they really don't flee. When I used to properly defend my Railjack, I found this exceptionally annoying! Now I just drive the Railjack 10km away and then they just attack me.

Also, when all fighters and crewship counts are complete, even remaining crewships do not flee. They still continue attacking you/Railjack.

What does happen is that if you head back to and enter your Railjack or to a missile platform, turbine, hanger, etc... and then exit these places back into space, only then do those remaining fighters/crewships vanish.

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Anyone agree hijacked crewships should stay even after the mission is complete so you can destroy them for loot? Because I have a feeling they have better chance to drop wreckage.

I would say nothing at all should despawn when the mission is concluded. There's no need for that to happen - even if you were overwhelmed by (that small amount of) additional enemies, you could simply extract to the dry dock even if you are during a catastrophic failure countdown, so it is not needed as some sort of safety mechanics. Second, it just feels cheap, especially the way they literally just vanish, not even some warp-out animation or anything that suggests they legitimately fled the battlefield. Third, in non-Railjack content, enemies also don't suddenly despawn once the objective is complete, and only very specific enemies ever attempt to flee (e.g. capture targets) where it makes sense as part of the objective. Third - some enemy ships, in particular Elite Outriders and Crewships, are desirable to kill for their loot, seeing one of them despawn at the end feels really frustrating.

20 hours ago, 844448 said:

Anyone agree hijacked crewships should stay even after the mission is complete so you can destroy them for loot?

It's worse if you are inside of one dealing with the fighters or whatever, and someone else ends up completing the objective. That ends up kicking me out of the skybox, typically with no hope of returning to the ship until someone jumps on navigation and we warp out. 

52 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

VfW8gM0.jpg

Global reactor meltdown timer can only account for a single reactor at a time. And like DE support, each reactor acts as a new ticket and puts it at the beginning of the queue.

Does that mean destroying new reactors fast enough will reset/extend the countdown? Worth trying

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Does that mean destroying new reactors fast enough will reset/extend the countdown? Worth trying

Yes. Just make sure the reactor shields are down in each one, then use something with punch through at the entrance, jump out, repeat. 

I imagine this will get patched eventually as it hurts regular gameplay too when playing normally and your RJ is getting pummeled and boarded longer than necessary because you or the team is efficiently taking out multiple crewships consecutively. But 1: I defeated those crewships fair and square. 3: it's dumb that they force vanish said valid loot. And 3: they haven't fixed the abysmal drop rates yet and they (at least Scott) has said they plan to improve them.