Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Future

CrimsonEvent

So i played a lot of railjack , got everything there is , seen everything there is for now , and i wanted to make a list of things , that would in my opinion improve railjack for everyone.

1. Voice Lines : A lot more voice lines for Grineer in Railjack  and for our Railjack cephalon . ( it got old really fast)

2. Cephalon  variety : Just more Cephalons for our railjack ,  You could make them a new grind or add them to one of the existing ones, even as ultra rare drops from railjack .

3.Railjack Avionics mod that will let us collect loot from much bigger distances at the cost of a avionics slot ,or even a Rare Tactical mod that will Release 1 or a few small Drones that will go around and collect loot : downside big cooldown

4.More Grineer Ship variety : just add more types of ships for us to fight .also make the Galions feel more like ships then just objects

5.Infested ships : with a focus on boarding and infesting disabling our ships 

6.Corpus ships : For this remove some of the firepower from the grineer faction so the Corpus can have their ships with the focus on firepower , and the grinner should have a focus on toughness

7.A LOT more mods , and railjack build options , dont let the same thing happen to railjack shields that did to everything else.

8.More mission types 

9.More Railjack Types : for an example , lets say SIGMA railjack is the balanced one , you could make one the has a small hangar with one fighter inside , a Carrier type of railjack , So you would have a Pilot , 2gunners(that also repair and defend the railjack) , and the 4th guy could go into the fighter to deal with the crewships. this would go around the problem with archwings right now ( and lets be honest its never truly gonna work with archwing the way you want it to)

10.More intrinsics levels , make them go up to lvl 20 , doubling the req. for each lvl like now , so players can specialize in one role and get amazing perks , or they can be a jack of all trades if they wish to be , ( also the fighter idea can be added to one of the existing trees or a new tree)

11.When you add the Corpus faction to Railjack : add drones (farmable) , drones that will defend the ship acting like small auto torrent shooting down enemy ships , or drones that will boost your shields and refill them , drones that can be launched at enemy crewships to disable them , drones that can take out fires and other damage types to our railjacks  ) and many other types , you could just add drone perks to the engineering tree , which would make it more useful . ( but make drones separate items that can be farmed , upgraded even moded)

12. More Ordnance types : Right now just the 2 exist seeker missiles and dumb fire ones

13.Improve enemy ship AI : Right now they are killing themselves a lot of times , which makes no sense , but gives a good idea of adding an enemy type that will run into you killing itself and disable our railjacks for a brief time

14.Please delay the Command tree if you need to , just make the AI work good , if it comes out and its a mess , no one will like it and it just might be one blow to many for railjack.

15.General bug fixing  : that is all i got for now , and i have no clue what you already plan to add, so i guess at least some of this things will be added anyway,

I encourage everyone to leave their suggestions below , if we make this thread big enough and DE reads it , some of it might actually happen,

Also DE i dont think my suggestions are better then anyone else , but i would like to know that at least one person from the dev team has seen this .

Here's what's gonna happen for the future of railjack: 

2021 we're gonna get corpus, sentient or infested railjack, and that's gonna introduce mk4,5 & 6,  
so all the stuff we did so far will be completely irrelevant and unusable (yknow, to keep people spending plat for rush drones)  

alternatively:

Railjack enemies get nerfed to the ground so we barely have any challenge with mk3 stuff anymore,  
like how the rest of the game is trivial with anything above mediocre gear.

20 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

1. Voice Lines : A lot more voice lines for Grineer in Railjack  and for our Railjack cephalon . ( it got old really fast)

So have any other voice lines, 
be it Holo-Lotus telling us how relics work for the millionth time, 
darvo sending in life support at a discount, 
maroo's comments about how this orokin tower was known for its ayatans and deadly security, 
or how we tenno maggots are still breathing vay heccccc's air (You will be missed, dear Raid Line).

2. Cephalon  variety : Just more Cephalons for our railjack ,  You could make them a new grind or add them to one of the existing ones, even as ultra rare drops from railjack .

I think even DE forgot about the fact that you have to build Cy,
considering the Cephalon research vanished from your research console as soon as you finish your railjack.

3.Railjack Avionics mod that will let us collect loot from much bigger distances at the cost of a avionics slot ,or even a Rare Tactical mod that will Release 1 or a few small Drones that will go around and collect loot : downside big cooldown

You mean those Avionics nobody can install cuz they don't have any luck getting that +100 Capacity Reactor?

9.More Railjack Types : for an example , lets say SIGMA railjack is the balanced one , you could make one the has a small hangar with one fighter inside , a Carrier type of railjack , So you would have a Pilot , 2gunners(that also repair and defend the railjack) , and the 4th guy could go into the fighter to deal with the crewships. this would go around the problem with archwings right now ( and lets be honest its never truly gonna work with archwing the way you want it to)

Nah it's already too much for DE to get one type right, we have an interceptor - but we have to use it as a frontline offense,
besides, we know from Cy's Memories that he can control the ship - so why can't he control the front/side guns while no tenno is using them?
Bugger should make himself useful even if he was slower at aiming/firing.
Besides, a single-person fighter wouldn't be useful anyway cuz you can't kill crewships with bullets, you have to use the big gun or go inside.

Edited by HowDenKing
added comments on OPs suggestions

1 minute ago, HowDenKing said:

Here's what's gonna happen for the future of railjack: 

2021 we're gonna get corpus, sentient or infested railjack, and that's gonna introduce mk4,5 & 6,  
so all the stuff we did so far will be completely irrelevant and unusable (yknow, to keep people spending plat for rush drones)  

alternatively:

Railjack enemies get nerfed to the ground so we barely have any challenge with mk3 stuff anymore,  
like how the rest of the game is trivial with anything above mediocre gear.

Pretty much this...

25 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

Cephalon  variety : Just more Cephalons for our railjack

You've put up with Ordis' same 3 jokes for 5 years, but a couple of weeks with Cy is too much?

27 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

Railjack Avionics mod that will let us collect loot from much bigger distances at the cost of a avionics slot ,or even a Rare Tactical mod that will Release 1 or a few small Drones that will go around and collect loot : downside big cooldown

I understand that you're trying to be fair and you don't want to give players a big QoL improvement for free, but I don't think it's unreasonable to just ask DE to make the innate vacuum effect bigger, or make loot brighter.

29 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

More Grineer Ship variety

Infested ships

Corpus ships

A LOT more mods , and railjack build options

More mission types

I think all this stuff is a given. Wouldn't make sense for it to just be Grineer forever, considering Corpus are just as good at the spacey life, and the Infestation can Infest ships.

31 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

More Railjack Types : for an example , lets say SIGMA railjack is the balanced one

I was actually sort of thinking of essentially making different classes of Railjacks. There are 3 skins and 3 houses (unfortunately, this would mean Sigma gets left out) and with each skin, I would associate a House and I could exclusively use the Avionics, Armaments and Componets of that house. Having different Houses offer an entire Railjack would make that even more exciting

33 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

More intrinsics levels

You're going to run into 2 issues; Firstly, trying to fill 10 spaces with meaningful perks that are deserving of the hundreds of Intrinsics, and secondly, people who want to max out all of them complaining about the 2 thousand hour grind. I think a better, and more meaningful content addition would be to add more Intrinsic classes. We're getting Command, we could also get a Boarder class, for example. Maybe they got bonuses to Crewships that they hijack (perhaps AI firing of the side canons, or access to Ordnance to make Hijacking ships more impactful or a Slingshot like feature to make it effective to go from Crewship to Crewship without having to TP back to RJ or die in AW).

38 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

add drones

That's actually quite an interesting idea. Not sure how I'd feel about them affecting ship Hazards, but I like the idea of them boosting shields or disabling enemy crewships. Definitely something that could be expanded on nicely.

39 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

More Ordnance types

Yes please.

39 minutes ago, CrimsonEvent said:

Improve enemy ship AI

It's honestly better than I expected, but it could definitely use some polishing.

-------

One thing that I think they should probably do is make Hazards Faction specific/add more hazards.

An example of a new Hazard could be a Corpus device, or an Infested Boil or something could latch onto the ship and damage your Engines, causing someone to go outside the RJ and destroy it to restore Engine capacity. Or an Infested spore could latch on and inject Spores into the Ship, draining the health of players inside, so they have to destroy the boil and patch up the hole it made.

Doesn't have to be those exact examples, but something to make fighting each faction actually uniquely interactive instead of just shooting ships with different skins on them.

I love how they added a very long description with big brightly colored letters explaining where feedback should go, yet we still get feedback posts in general discussion, which is supposed to be for players talking to other players, not the devs. Maybe they should use even bigger letters that constantly flash and cause epileptic seizures.

8 hours ago, CrimsonEvent said:

Railjack Avionics mod that will let us collect loot from much bigger distances at the cost of a avionics slot

How about no? How about we don't lock away basic convenience behind a band-aid mod?

While we're at it, how about we remove similar band-aid mods from companions and just give every warframe innate vacuum? It already exists in the game, only the range is a useless 3 meters. Literally all that's necessary is for a dev to go into whatever file that value is stored in and add a 0 on the end of it. One keystroke is all it would take to make a massive improvement to the game. Same thing with railjack and archwing vacuum. All it would take is just adding a couple zeroes on the end of the numbers. But no.

Edited by SordidDreams

Voice Lines

voice lines are one of the things that take more time to produce; lines have to be written, edited and then recorded. it would be nice, but not something that necessarily benefits everyone. we've put up with Ordis' quotes for some time and never seen any changes there..

Cephalon  variety

DE seems to have intended Cy to be our permanent Railjack Cephalon, a reluctant one since he kept saying he wasn't viable, likely due to his PTSD, but apparently no other known Cephalons in existence, including Ordis, are capable of running a Railjack. like it or not, we're stuck with Cy, as he's basically a Character now.

Railjack Avionics mod that will let us collect loot from much bigger distances at the cost of a avionics slot ,or even a Rare Tactical mod that will Release 1 or a few small Drones that will go around and collect loot : downside big cooldown

I'll absolutely give you this one. Univac for railjack is sorely needed, it's easier on pilots not having to hump dead ships and people won't have to go into Archwing just to scan for resources. if it costs an Avionics slot that's fine, passive Univac would be better, but I'm willing to sacrifice a slot for it, and I imagine other resource-hungry players would too.

.More Grineer Ship variety

probably something in the future. I think there are subtle colour palette swaps between the Kosma, Gyre and Exo Grineer ships, but totally different visuals and new factions would be quite nice.

Infested ships

I don't think they'd so much be ships as giant, floating masses of Technocyte, maybe with tendrils that can reach out and damage our ships, or stationary, derelict-style bases that can throw out their own pods that allow Infested to board us.

.Corpus ships

pretty much bound to happen at some point. I look forward to it because they'll likely use Lasers and beam weapons on their ships, so it'll be a proper space battle, like in Star Wars or something!

.A LOT more mods ,

could happen, though let's not forget that Archwing mods could use some expansion as well.

.More intrinsics levels ,

ehh, let's look at how Intrinsics are earned first; they should be rewarded for ship kills as well, Gunners have a harder time getting Intrinsics unless fighting Boarders/crewship boarding/completing objectives.

.More mission types 

likely going to happen in the future. even though the only "mode" is skirmish, there are different objectives (Pulse Turbine, Galleon, Anomalies etc.)

More Railjack Types

not sure if this will happen: it seems DE want one railjack but with multiple build options, focusing on speed, or firepower or defense, with sacrifices made in at least one area to benefit others. I wouldn't say no though: I'd love something akin to a Flying Fortress: maybe not the fastest ship, but built like a Death Star (minus the Exhaust Port weakness)

.When you add the Corpus faction to Railjack : add drones

NPC crew will likely fill this role anyway, but maybe add them as a gear item? could work IMO.

More Ordnance types

yes, I want more big-a$$ laser weapons. it's not a proper spaceship fight if there's no lasers!

Improve enemy ship AI

heh, keep em dumb for me, I'm more worried about friendly AI when the Command Intrinsic becomes available.

Please delay the Command tree if you need to

DE need to slow down and not rush as a whole, not just when it comes to railjack content. I still say they should've waited until after New Year to release it, but here we are.

General bug fixing 

likely coming in the next set of updates. lord knows there's more than enough for them to fix.

9 hours ago, CrimsonEvent said:

No. Nope. Nein. Don't give them any ideas.

The last I would want is having to spent a precious slot and capacity just to not have an utterly miserable looting experience. Any improvement to looting should be done at no extra cost or downside, as a built-in feature of all Railjacks and Archwings right from the start. (Likewise, I still say Vacuum/Fetch should not be mods but be a built-in passive effect of all Warframes and Operator mode.)

Rush Drones are getting removed. that was hinted on the last devstream

Damn i would gladly pay to use m on top line stuff. But if thats the case ill just keep using other RJs. I think mine as is has 10 minutes of flight time because screw farming. So much easier to just t others do the work so i can just play the damn game.

10.More intrinsics levels , make them go up to lvl 20 , doubling the req. for each lvl like now , so players can specialize in one role and get amazing perks , or they can be a jack of all trades if they wish to be , ( also the fighter idea can be added to one of the existing trees or a new tree)

No, just no. Or at least remove the cap in the intrinsics rate, because 7 (best case) for 10 mins (also best case) with the numbers reaching around 1 - 4k+, I would say nah I'm good on that front.

I wouldn't mind having the Infested and Corpus being threats in this game mode though, but that might be a late 2020 - 2021 thing, at the earliest.