Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich as it is isn't adding anything, it's just a bother.

Tuxu_Holyland

Ain't it great when you take ivara on a hush-hush mission and a Kuva Lich decides to drop in just before you get into the safe room in a vault and messes up your stealth game?
Ain't it great how a Kuva Lich decides when, and for how long he will drop into a mission?
Ain't it great that there's no possible way to block this glorious feature altogether from even starting because you will hit that kuva larvling and instinct will take it's hold and it will summon another Bother-Lich, sorry, Kuva Lich and all of that is just because you're a loyal WF player and got the moves into your bones?

Yeee, you should be punished like that - that's the way.

And if we're on the rant-row...

Ain't it great that most of Humanity is governed by tyrannical regimes and no one will care to do anything about it? Just like those darn Kuva liches. :p

DE, really... We love what you are doing with warframe, why do you keep on with these messed up Kuva liches?

It's an empty game mechanic, just like in the picture.

3203896175_9b8f689e58_b.jpg

Edited by Tuxu_Holyland
Typo
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Tuxu_Holyland said:

Ain't it great when you take ivara on a hush-hush mission and a Kuva Lich decides to drop in just before you get into the safe room in a vault and messes up your stealth game?

This is the entire point of nemesis system ,take ruin your day or be some kind of threat.

1 hour ago, Tuxu_Holyland said:

Ain't it great how a Kuva Lich decides when, and for how long he will drop into a mission?

If you down lich 3 times it will go away , no need to parazon it.

1 hour ago, Tuxu_Holyland said:

Ain't it great that there's no possible way to block this glorious feature altogether from even starting because you will hit that kuva larvling and instinct will take it's hold and it will summon another Bother-Lich, sorry, Kuva Lich and all of that is just because you're a loyal WF player and got the moves into your bones?

Your contradicting your self in this statement , by not parazoning kuva larvaling you can opt out of kuva lich creation , be mindfull of what you are doing , on top DE has promised us that Palladino some time in near future will give us an option banish lich .

• Like 1

The Kuva Lich system honestly just feels like a mistake at this point. Like literally I had an alliance member today already regret making his first Lich despite all of us telling them not to create one. It’s not fun, it’s not rewarding. It’s just grind, nothing more.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 3

You do not have to parazon it, you can down the Lich enough times and it will leave eventually. You can also ignore it entirely even after creation because you do not have to go to their missions and you never actually lose any of the items they do steal. They are returned upon defeating them finally. I choose to do missions that are less objective complete dependent such as extermination missions, but they are always meant to challenge you so going into an objective heavy mission yes there is a chance they will screw it over for you. That is the risk you take and the choice you make going there.

They are not particularly interesting feature at the moment, they are another removed system with a kind of grind now only outdone by Railjack from what I hear. Other than the characters themselves gameplaywise they are just like any other boss but no integration whatsoever.

23 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

This is the entire point of nemesis system ,take ruin your day or be some kind of threat.

Or in reality, it results in people doing one lich and deciding that the system to more of a headache than it's worth.

• Like 2

En 31/12/2019 a las 19:48, bad4youLT dijo:

by not parazoning kuva larvaling you can opt out of kuva lich creation , be mindfull of what you are doing , on top DE has promised us that Palladino some time in near future will give us an option banish lich .

At what moment does the game tell you that if you kill that random grineer dude, you will generate an annoying, strong enemy that steals loot and requires heavy grind to get rid of?

hace 1 hora, (PS4)psycofang dijo:

Its not a random grineer. Its noticeably different from the rest and even appears on your screen. 

If you pay attention you can definitely avoid them. Also just dont parazon random grineer if you cant help yourself 

That's nonsense there's no way to assume the guy will spawn a lich. Was that your first reaction when you saw the fugitives fo Saturn Six? Because they look the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

That's nonsense there's no way to assume the guy will spawn a lich.

One the kiva guardian  says something 

Two the lich has an unusual glow around around it

Three its using an unusual weapon grineer dont use 

Four the patch notes pretty much explain this

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

That's nonsense there's no way to assume the guy will spawn a lich. Was that your first reaction when you saw the fugitives fo Saturn Six? Because they look the same.

The WoSS is massive, his fugutives are noticeably different on top of having a unique name (bad example) the lich grineer are noticibly different. 

Pay attention to the next time youre valid for spawning a new lich and watch one in the mission it spawns in. Theres quite a few tells besides the very unique and hard to miss red marker that follows it around. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

hace 39 minutos, (PS4)psycofang dijo:

One the kiva guardian  says something 

Two the lich has an unusual glow around around it

Three its using an unusual weapon grineer dont use 

Four the patch notes pretty much explain this

The WoSS is massive, his fugutives are noticeably different on top of having a unique name (bad example) the lich grineer are noticibly different. 

Pay attention to the next time youre valid for spawning a new lich and watch one in the mission it spawns in. Theres quite a few tells besides the very unique and hard to miss red marker that follows it around. 

You can't expect people to read the patch notes, they are optional. And what happens if you come back a year later, you need to read all patch notes from when you left? And if you are new?. That information should be ingame.

None of those points makes it clear that after killing the Larvling a stronger enemy will spawn. You get outright punished for killing an enemy, something never has happend before. Every time an enemy has a red mark above it we kill it, the game itself taught us that. Assasination, capture, when someone marks a Stalker, remaining enemies in Interception, etc.. And when Parazon arrived I only knew that if the enemy had a red thing on top of his head I could press X and his remaining health would be removed. But now there is an exception and you can't expect anyone to act different because he has an "unusual glow".
It's also nonsensical to ask the player to be on the lookout because one of the 967 enemies he will kill in his mission has a small chance of being a larvling.

Mine didn't live long enough for me to look at his weapon, (not that I look at new enemies weapons) and the Kuva Guardian didn't say anything until after I killed him probably because when I joind the Larvling had already spawned. Still, thats not enough.

Don't know what a woss is but it's not a bad example. There are many enemies that have an aura like effect and no one stoped and said "hey I wan't to know more about this enemy before I kill it. It might spawn an unkillable dude that tells bad jokes".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

You can't expect people to read the patch notes,

Thats their problem. Every mmo ever uses patch notes to explain additions or changes to the game. 

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

And what happens if you come back a year later, you need to read all patch notes from when you left? And if you are new?. That information should be ingame.

You read relevant information.  Lets be real here every bit of content has under gone revisions maybe...once? And funny you mention leaving for a year since i was that guy.

Technically i left for 2 yet i still know to read patch notes because i know they wont, after 6 years, release proper tutorials. 

You may as well be angry at a wall. 

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

There are many enemies that have an aura like effect and no one stoped and said "hey I wan't to know more about this enemy before I kill it. It might spawn an unkillable dude that tells bad jokes".

If an enemy has an odd blue glow usually that means its relatively unique over the average Exi.

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

It's also nonsensical to ask the player to be on the lookout because one of the 967 enemies he will kill in his mission has a small chance of being a larvling.

The larvling has a unique red icon that leads you right to it. No other enemy has this specific icon but larva/liches and the turned.

Really this comes down to the communities complete disregard for the importance of reading and DE laundry list of tutorials never implimented being extended.

You want in game explanations which is fair... warframe is how old now?

You know full well what DEs m.o. on tutorials are and at this point youre jusy shooting yourself in the foot not reading the patch notes.

But dont take this as me defending DE.

Im blaming both of you.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

• 3 weeks later...

Reading patch notes?

Oh okay, i'll just leave all my work related reading material, stop reading stuff about my baby's nutrition, stop reading everything the gov sends me about my own business taxes and stuff cancel what time I have with my wife and kid and make time to read the glorified patch notes!

Yeah, because everyone knows that the broad population on gamers sign into a game just to read patch notes and general walls of text.

Here is something you'll like @(PS4)psycofang, why are you bothering with warframe? go for the real thing mate! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text-based_computer_games