The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just found out that Keystone, apparently came out?

2Peter3Nine

7 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

I just went through about a minute of googleig and I could almost no information about it other than it announce page on DE´s official site

so where did you learn that keystone came out

~
https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2017/05/digital-extremes-announces-keystone
This place talks about it, there was a closed alpha, and gives a link to Keystone's web-sight.

http://www.playkeystone.com/
But, the web-sight no longer exists.
~

That web-sight could have just been for the Closed Alpha,
and it being gone now just means the Closed Alpha is over with.

But I didn't hear about that either.

~
Well, it doesn't exist for me.
I get this,

This site can’t be reached

www.playkeystone.com’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

~EDIT

Oh, I found where they say they cancled it,
https://www.mcvuk.com/digital-extremes-cancels-amazing-eternals/

~

Edited by General_Durandal

• 1 month later...
On 2020-01-02 at 9:03 AM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

I just went through about a minute of googleig and I could almost no information about it other than it announce page on DE´s official site

so where did you learn that keystone came out

The reason there isn't much about it is because we all had to sign a NDA agreement. So we didnt spoil the game to people outside of the alpha

They were late for the hero shooter train. I think they saw the writing on the wall when other similar games (Battleborn, Lawbreakers etc.) flopped hard and decided to pull the plug.

I played it and actually really enjoyed it. it had a unique ability system, characters, gameplay and really stood apart from other hero based shooter games like OW considering how over saturated the market was at the time. I was really disappointed to see it get canceled, but despite its unique take on the genre, pulling it was probably the right call. It  likely would have done poorly because of how late it was to the party.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-31 at 11:16 PM, General_Durandal said:

And it was so unpopular, that no-one played it and they discontinued it?

Well, I just found out about it, so,
maybe the reason was peeps barely knew about it?

Did anyone play it?

What was it like?

de wanted to jump on the hero shooter bandwagon (overwatch and all that crap) but they realized nobody gave 2 S#&$s about hero shooters anymore so they dropped it

it had some card system like paladins. 

someone gave de the middle finger and streamed the game in prealpha even if it wasn't permitted

this is all i remember

I played it, quite fun, active card system instead of Paladins passives was making matches really unpredictable and that was good.

Oversaturated market at that time, poor character balance, some annoying mechanics like turret placement poorly made, horrid netcode and mindless hours of grind to progress.
Game could succeed to some extend if it was released now, not back then with bigger starter playerbase (steam early access?). But looking at the past pulling it off and refunding the founders was wise decision.

• Like 1

The Amazing Eternals, I still have a computer with the game installed on it. Loved this game.

I remember there were barely any players playing it so DE added bots to fill empty slots, but it wasn't enough. It was a buggy mess, but a damn fun one. I remember some names I played with constantly: Legit... Grayfoxx (I think)... We met in game, never beyond it. I remember memes and jokes (Stick Bristle, anyone?)
I bought the founder pack and grinded the game up while waiting for the PoE update in Warframe. When PoE dropped, I stopped playing the game. When I returned, DE announced the next day about pulling it off.
The game had some design issues and balancing issues. Hero shooters were all over the place so the market was tough. I wanted the game to succeed and I knew DE will fix everything there is to fix eventually.

• Like 1