Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich farming really isn't that hard

FUBAR-BDHR

46 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

It doesn't respect your time. Think of it this way. What do you get out of a dupe? You can convert a Lich and got what? A free pal that appears when you forget it exists and lasts for how long? Lol.You get nothing for your time that is worth it once you get a dupe that doesn't add anything as far as an extra boost of strength or a new cosmetic if you are lucky.

In fact, that pal can show up and screw things up—had one show up and screw up a stealth run (riven unlock). I was overjoyed.

I’ve taken to vanquishing and deleting duplicate weapons. Nobody’s gonna trade for  your 25% kraken. Just delete it. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

On 2020-01-01 at 8:19 AM, MirageKnight said:

Oh yes, the so-called "solution" to every problem in the game...try and grab whatever's meta for dealing with enemy X and apply cheese until dead. If you don't have what's meta, you're a bad player and doing it wrong.

It's hard to "git gud" when the game decides to roll dice and then screw you over because you rolled bad or the game said so. See Lich Roulette.

Cheese if you're not that good, because get good is for those who don't use meta and it was about the enemy level where some are struggling against level 100 grineer when hunting lich at level 5, not killing the lich

For all those saying that people aren't complaining about it being too difficult I have had many people in random groups complaining about them.  People trying to to keep their lich level one because they think it's too difficult if levels up.  Yes many people complain about other things and I'm one of them.  Bugs of course are my biggest complaint.  Always fun to have your requiem combo change on you or your mission to bug when you are trying to kill it.  Spawn location suck.  Always fun to have your lich spawn 800m behind and down an elevator.  Really fun on timed missions that end up failing because of trying to get to the lich and back.  I've seen dozens of other bugs too.  Loot sucks except for a few missions.  Be nice if there were relic drops and more credits.  Maybe a chance for some rare loot like you get from sorties.  

For whoever said the video looks strange it's real.  Nothing altered just a straight capture from my GPU software.  I'm now on lich 82.  Took a break from lich farming to work on my railjack and do nightwave or it would be higher.

For others that say there is no encouragement to do the missions well my encouragement was at first to get a ephemera.  That took 26 missions.  Then I change my goal to get all of them.  Now my goal is to get a version of each damage type for all the weapons.  I set a goal and push towards it. 

On 2019-12-31 at 6:55 PM, FUBAR-BDHR said:

I see a lot of people both in game and the forums complaining about liches.  Well I complain about them to but only because of the bugs and insta-kill thrall spawns.  As far as the process it's really not hard to acquire a lich and defeat it.  I can do one in about 2 hours give or take depending on if I get a lucky guess or not. So far I've defeated 80 of them.  That's right 80 liches.  Don't belive that well have a look:

So what are my tricks to farming them so fast?  First do the longer missions.  Survival, mobile defense and defense are the best way to get murmurs.  Running though capture and exterminate real fast is not the way to do it.  You want to give those liches time to spawn.  Second never pass up a lich spawn.  Always try.  It's worth about 10 murmurs if you fail.  You also might get lucky and uncover a requiem in the process. 

In case you are wondering it took 67 liches to get all the ephemeras.  Only took about 20 to get all the toxic weapons.  I'm not working on getting one of every damage type.  I have 36 different ones so far. 

Good hunting

Ok but was it fun for you?  Immersive?  Or were you just showing us you know how to rat-run the maze faster than most and thus get the mostest cheese?

I hate Requiem Roulette, so I guess survival makes sense to score as many murmurs as possible before running out of nodes and having to pull the RnG trigger.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Ok but was it fun for you?  Immersive?  Or were you just showing us you know how to rat-run the maze faster than most and thus get the mostest cheese?

I hate Requiem Roulette, so I guess survival makes sense to score as many murmurs as possible before running out of nodes and having to pull the RnG trigger.

It's something to do last at night.  I'm nocturnal so it gets really boring when everyone is asleep and the town is dead. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

7 liches through with using mirage for every single one of them for the radiation ephemera. Never got it. Considering how boring every single mission these liches are, I'm on the verge of just deleting warframe.

Took me 26 to get my first. 

• Like 1

Yeah the farm isnt hard, it's just tedious and not fun. At the rate that I'm doing them it can take to at least 3 to 5 hours for a lich that is just wasting my time as of late. All i want is a karak and a quartakk, I already have the other weapoms I want.. At the last time i got a karak was 30 liches ago (I would say that was around 7 or 8 days after the Old Blood, granted I didnt want it at the time but still. Plus i just started farming for it last week) From then untill now I have yet to get another karak. As for the quartakk that last lich to give me that was 20 liches ago. (Around the beginning of last week). For me I just dont think it should take you 20-30 liches just to get a gun (even an ephemera) it just doesnt feel worth it to just waste hours on end with nothing to show for it.

Side note: I've beaten 50 liches in total.

I don't recall folks saying it was hard.
I recall them saying it is TEDIOUS, BORING, & extremely UNFUN.

Three words that a dev should dread hearing impo.
Honestly, my biggest gripe with Liches is that you can farm all the mods, Thralls, and murmurs you want but you STILL cannot beat the Lich using skill or puzzle solving.

Ultimately, it is a LITERAL guessing game. You might know the 3 mods via Murmurs but that's it!
You do not know the order & there is no system in place to reveal the order. It's a literal pull of a slot machine.
If you die...the order is wrong. If you live it was right.

But according to DE on the devstream...this is "interesting" & "its fun to have something that can kill you".

I have no issue with an enemy that can kill me. I have issues with the fact that it isn't a matter of the enemy defeating me fairly, it's defeating me because I have no choice BUT to take a guess & hope I get it right. Doesn't matter that I soundly defeated the Lich, wrong mod order so I die?
The Lich didn't kill me the mods did. Never thought I'd see a Warframe get beaten by mods.

The entire Lich system needs a revamp. Instead of farming, so you can farm for another item, so you can do another farm, and then farming till you guess right. It should be a structured system that requires player skill & interaction & allows players who put the time & effort in a rewarding experience thus removing the RNG mechanic.

On 2019-12-31 at 4:55 PM, FUBAR-BDHR said:

I see a lot of people both in game and the forums complaining about liches.  Well I complain about them to but only because of the bugs and insta-kill thrall spawns.  As far as the process it's really not hard to acquire a lich and defeat it.  I can do one in about 2 hours give or take depending on if I get a lucky guess or not. So far I've defeated 80 of them.  That's right 80 liches.  Don't belive that well have a look:

So what are my tricks to farming them so fast?  First do the longer missions.  Survival, mobile defense and defense are the best way to get murmurs.  Running though capture and exterminate real fast is not the way to do it.  You want to give those liches time to spawn.  Second never pass up a lich spawn.  Always try.  It's worth about 10 murmurs if you fail.  You also might get lucky and uncover a requiem in the process. 

In case you are wondering it took 67 liches to get all the ephemeras.  Only took about 20 to get all the toxic weapons.  I'm not working on getting one of every damage type.  I have 36 different ones so far. 

Good hunting

Not hard at all, sure is boring though.

27 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

'i did one'. 

Yes I did, because the larva walked up next to me and got downed by my Helios Prime while I was going to hack a console to open a lockdown, hit the interact button and suddenly, mercy animation.

I then spent the next 3 hours embarrassing the Lich in every way possible, knocking its head around while farming murmers from the converted Thralls.

That won't change, not if I did just one for 1000, the entire system is boring from the first time you do it, even by mistake, it is the exact same repetitive farm and grind over and over and over.

So yes, "I did one" and that one has made me never want to do another Lich ever again because I am completely aware that it will never NOT be the boring, repetitive, uninspired, poorly designed and insulting excuse of a system that it has been since day one.

Good day sir.

• Like 2

Lich farming is 'hard' just like the wolf was 'hard' 

And just like the wolf, the 'rewards' are so mediocre they're not worth the hassle. Though I guess at least the wolf had the common decency of actually having a new weapon instead of a reflavored version of stuff we already have in most cases. 

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yes I did, because the larva walked up next to me and got downed by my Helios Prime while I was going to hack a console to open a lockdown, hit the interact button and suddenly, mercy animation.

I then spent the next 3 hours embarrassing the Lich in every way possible, knocking its head around while farming murmers from the converted Thralls.

That won't change, not if I did just one for 1000, the entire system is boring from the first time you do it, even by mistake, it is the exact same repetitive farm and grind over and over and over.

So yes, "I did one" and that one has made me never want to do another Lich ever again because I am completely aware that it will never NOT be the boring, repetitive, uninspired, poorly designed and insulting excuse of a system that it has been since day one.

Good day sir.

I know that this is straight up against the spirit of these forums, but next time maybe consider doing more than one of ANYTHING before criticizing and going away from it forever, even if only to educate your own opinion a little better. 
happy new year to you!

10 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

but next time maybe consider doing more than one of ANYTHING before criticizing and going away from it forever, even if only to educate your own opinion a little better. 

Enlighten me then kind sir, other than the weapon and maybe element the Lich has and the Requiems needed to kill it, what actually changes from Lich 1 to 100?

Because I am plenty educated in the systems, you farm requiem mods, you farm murmers, you test requiems, you kill the Lich, repeat.

That does not ever change, not even once, this is not a Rougelike like Binding of Issac where there are different item drops each run that synergize with each other differently and make each run unique in some way, this is the exact same system every single time with the exact same order of operations every single time.

I don't need to eat plastic multiple times to know it isn't edible, nor do I need to do multiple Liches to know that the system is obscenely repetitive grinding, that is plain to see for everyone who even goes to the wiki under the Kuva Lich section and reads it as a tutorial.

So no sir, I don't need anymore education or experience with a bad system, I don't need to touch a burning stove more than once to know I shouldn't because it hurts.

Edited by Aldain

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

Cheese if you're not that good, because get good is for those who don't use meta and it was about the enemy level where some are struggling against level 100 grineer when hunting lich at level 5, not killing the lich

If you can fight level 100 grineer just fine with whatever way, that's a cheese.

LOL

20 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

If you can fight level 100 grineer just fine with whatever way, that's a cheese.

LOL

Oh? I thought cheese is the easiest way like chroma, inaros and saryn where there's no thinking and fast reaction needed. So being able to fight level 100 with braton is cheese now?