Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex drop table for Exo Crewship is incorrect or incomplete (Surprise! More Zetki)

FataL-Flaw

14 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

I I can only assume that its construction costs will be the same as the other T3 guns, which is to say somewhere north of "holy S#&$, where did my wallet go?", but seeing as how I don't even have the wreckage yet (at least I don't have to worry about the random roll, I don't care about RoF), this is a problem for the future.

I found one today, and a reparing a mk iii lavan apoc wreck costs:

• 15000 credits
  • 16 bracoid
  • 1440 asterite
  • 12000 titanium
  • 10400 copernics

So, the only difference from vidar apoc cost is the bracoids (vidar wants 16 fresnels).

Anyways, for me, the asterite is the constrained resource.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

that's about the average from my own playtime(my average is actually ~20), i'm only not 10/10/10/10 since the only XP Booster i've had was over the past week-ish from Login.

Ok, so that's with an xp booster (and milking combat).

I'm not sure "with an xp booster" would be something I call "nothing special". But you are right that I had been shooting down ramsleds instead of milking them for combat xp (and, also not capturing crewships to milk them -- but, again, that's not my idea of "nothing special").  Personally, ... I guess I don't mind letting some ramsleds board, but I'm not going to go all out for maximum xp. I'd have to get to be too fussy with my crewmates to even make that work.

22 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

Ok, so that's with an xp booster (and milking combat).

Personally, ... I guess I don't mind letting some ramsleds board, but I'm not going to go all out for maximum xp. I'd have to get to be too fussy with my crewmates to even make that work.

yer, with a Booster. i have not in any Thread set these numbers based on having a good uptime on a Cat Booster, though. have excluded a Cat Booster entirely.

i don't necessarily either, i don't Kill every Enemy in a Ship/Base every time, but i do try to make sure to Kill most of them and to definitely Kill any Heavies.
for Boarding Pods it's really convenient since you can just ignore them for the entirety of Railjack - being lazier about them lets you get a bit more XP, that's what i call convenient, haha.

2 hours ago, Fleuria said:

I found one today, and a reparing a mk iii lavan apoc wreck costs:

• 15000 credits
  • 16 bracoid
  • 1440 asterite
  • 12000 titanium
  • 10400 copernics

So, the only difference from vidar apoc cost is the bracoids (vidar wants 16 fresnels).

Anyways, for me, the asterite is the constrained resource

Good to know. Asterite and titanium would be my largest problems, but I think I can get them by bulldozing asteroid fields with a particle ram and so I'll just spam the lowest level Earth mission as soon as I get a resource booster from login rewards.

On 2020-01-02 at 10:26 AM, DoomFruit said:

And it's absolutely going in the pilot seat. My gun. MINE. The apoc is for me to shred priority targets. My gunners will get vidar photors, along with both crit mods in the avionics (if they ever drop, that is). Not as damaging as the favoured cryophon, but since I learned from the Gundam and Macross school of space combat, I'm going to be jumping around a *lot* and I expect that my gunners would find it easier to land hits with a laser beam rather than a slow-moving, slow-firing, 4 shot/magazine pulse.

There's a couple things I think you should keep in mind here.

First of, yes, your tactics and your weaponry are interrelated.

However, also, if your gunners DPS were 3 times the photor DPS, they would only need to hit 1/3 of the time to equal never missing with the photor (and that's ignoring status effects).

And, they're not going to be hitting all the time even with the photors.

15 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

There's a couple things I think you should keep in mind here.

First of, yes, your tactics and your weaponry are interrelated.

However, also, if your gunners DPS were 3 times the photor DPS, they would only need to hit 1/3 of the time to equal never missing with the photor (and that's ignoring status effects).

And, they're not going to be hitting all the time even with the photors.

True. I do know that cryothings are particularly good in veil missions when half the enemies seem to have this massive health regen thing going on. The other part is that I just like the look of laser beams. Much prettier than farting out wispy clouds.

On 2019-12-31 at 6:05 PM, Fleuria said:

(1) Codex lists exo crewship dropping vidar and levan armaments. I do not see any components (shield/reactor/engine) on that list.

(2) Components are on the end of mission reward table. Is there any chance the end of mission rewards landed on you when you destroyed that crew ship?

Also... in my experience, the zetki is ok for shields and avionics, but not all that good for armaments or the other components. Zetki is expensive, but enemies won't be impressed by how much you have spent.

(Also, they need to fix some things before they introduce additional railjack content, but I am pretty sure that this is just the introduction.)

the best manufacturer is dependent on the gun stuff like the pulsar is supposed to be good with zecti but I am to poor to build my coppy

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

True. I do know that cryothings are particularly good in veil missions when half the enemies seem to have this massive health regen thing going on. The other part is that I just like the look of laser beams. Much prettier than farting out wispy clouds.

The crewships in the veil are different from the earlier crewships. Not only are their reactors locked so that they will not accidentally blow up if someone hits them a few times, but they also emit these wispy clouds that slowly grow and heal things. 

Actually, clouds is not quite the right word: they are a sort of grineer adaption of a cross between an amesha healing sphere and a corpus nullifier sphere:

• They slowly grow over time.
  • They will shrink (and can be destroyed) using a rapid fire weapon. (You can shrink them slightly, using a cyrophon, but that's a useless effort.)
  • They regen friendly ships.

You can also hide inside one of them to drastically reduce the amount of damage you take (grineer missiles won't penetrate the things).

So, I like a rapid fire weapon on my ship specifically to take those things down.

(There's also apparently a bug, where currently only the host -- player 1 - can see them. So it also makes some sense that the host be pilot, specifically to take those down. Unless the crew is really good about taking crewships down fast.)

Anyways... I originally had a vidar photor for this purpose, but I've swapped it out.

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

the best manufacturer is dependent on the gun stuff like the pulsar is supposed to be good with zecti but I am to poor to build my coppy

If you are low on mats, you can usually harvest most of what you need in a few hours in earth proxima missions. Asterite has been the most constrained resource, in my experience.

On 2020-01-04 at 3:44 PM, Fleuria said:

If you are low on mats, you can usually harvest most of what you need in a few hours in earth proxima missions. Asterite has been the most constrained resource, in my experience.

good to know but shouldn't Veil be better for resources (not saying that it is just questioning the game's lack of balance)

On 2019-12-31 at 5:58 PM, FataL-Flaw said:

Pro-Tip for anyone who slingshots into crewships and pops them, if you want the loot from it, sit in archwing right outside for about 4-5 seconds after it explodes and you'll see around 5 or so items get vacuumed up.

to keep them from scatting i noticed shooting the crew ship even after you set it to blow can keep them clustered 

On 2019-12-31 at 5:58 PM, FataL-Flaw said:

Just sharing for anyone equally annoyed by current the railjack drop tables.  Once you have all your zetki components min/maxed, anything other than stealth instrinsic farming right now is just a waste of time.

pc players have a better chance at getting void hole than console as the exo outrider spawn fix was only on pc so consoles get more elite exo outriders.
overall the drop tables an how often the mission objectives bug out its quite strainous to actually get the good stuff an keep it.

3 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

good to know but shouldn't Veil be better for resources (not saying that it is just questioning the game's lack of balance)

For rare resources, perhaps.

But for common resources, earth is much faster to clear, seems to have about the same amount and especially once you have a good ship can easily and quickly be solo'd. Meanwhile, only sometimes will you find a pick up group that's interested in mining.

19 hours ago, Fleuria said:

For rare resources, perhaps.

But for common resources, earth is much faster to clear, seems to have about the same amount and especially once you have a good ship can easily and quickly be solo'd. Meanwhile, only sometimes will you find a pick up group that's interested in mining.

ok that makes more sense  it is still a pain but a more manageable one