Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara "Concentrated Arrow" augment not worth a slot

DarkRuler2500

Because of Ivara Prime's release I was looking at new possible ways of playing her.

latest?cb=20180411235950

On the normal Ivara I have not had tested the Concentrated Arrow before so I thought I gave it a try.
Strength above 200, Range 145, so rather optimized for the bow.

I was extremely underwhelmed by the effectiveness of the bow.

The mean reason? Giving the +50% critical hit chance only on headshots. Warframe is a fast paced game and some enemies have almost minuscule heads (or no heads at all, so the effect would not apply) making it harder than necessary. The explosion is nice if it happens but the biggest issue is the head-issue in my eyes.

Ofc you can always go with Slow Nova or letting them sleep but if thats the case almost every weapon is good so why bother?

I'd suggest that the +50% would always apply. The explosion can and should still be headshot exclusive though.

The REAL issue with Concentrated Arrow is that it is NOT a concentrated arrow.  It has 1/7 the power of normal Artemis without multishot.  Meaning it has 1/18 the power of a normal Artemis with multishot.  

Until DE resolves that huge difference in power I consider the augment a waste

Gerade eben schrieb DatDarkOne:

The REAL issue with Concentrated Arrow is that it is NOT a concentrated arrow.  It has 1/7 the power of normal Artemis without multishot.  Meaning it has 1/18 the power of a normal Artemis with multishot.  

Yeah the arrow count is cut but it seems they took a single arrow as reference when they balanced the CA augment.

4 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Yeah the arrow count is cut but it seems they took a single arrow as reference when they balanced the CA augment.

There's no seems in it.  That's exactly what they did.  We got one of the Artemis arrows instead a arrow with the full concentrated power of Artemis.  

edit: You might have noticed that i have strong salty feelings about this augment.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

11 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Not just you. Seems there is no way to use Artemis Bow at all then.
There are so many better primaries.

Artemis Bow itself is fine.  It's the augment for it that sucks.  

Hit me up on Discord.  I'll share my 3 Artemis Bow builds with you.  

Well a replacement to that augment mod is Thunderbolt. lol but no crit change increase. Not sure why they didn't do "Concentrates all bow into one multishot arrow, +25% crit chance with 2m explostion, on initial head shot +50% crit chance with 7m explosion." Aslo it should have a passive on the bow that allows infinate punch through till hitting objects/ walls not enemies. This would allow her to kill multiple enemies in light of sight, not behind walls. Her kit makes her super slow, so at least allow her damage to balance her slowness. Not sure but I have not used Excal for a long time now and after last melee update, but from what I remember the damage doesn't have fall off when passing through objects or enemies, so why should Irava's exalted bow?

Or another augment option I would recommend is "Arrows lock onto targets within aim and 2 meter explosion on contact, when fully charged one single  arrow locks onto enemies +50% crit chance and 7m explosion." Working similar to the Cyanex passive.

Edited by kwlingo

vor 14 Stunden schrieb DarkRuler2500:

I'd suggest that the +50% would always apply. The explosion can and should still be headshot exclusive though.

I actually think it should be the other way around. Always AoE shot, even if no enemy is hit, similar to Lenz, but +50% crit chance on headshots. Maybe even a lingering effect like argon scope. The +50% cc would also apply on the AoE attack if the head was hit. 

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Aslo it should have a passive on the bow that allows infinate punch through till hitting objects/ walls not enemies.

Normal Artemis Bow has innate punchthru.  Quite a bit of it too.  It's the Concentrated Arrow augment that removes all punchthru even if you mod for it.