Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detrimental ember bug

Zekk

Anyone notice ember seems to not kill stuff half the time? I had a theory I just proved as to why this is. It's extremely easy to replicate yourself in the simulacrum. For some reason ember can't kill enemies that she's never looked at. I know, it's weird, but that's what's going on. You can try it yourself. Look away from the console then spawn some enemies then back up into them and press 4. They will not get hit. This has made playing ember extremely difficult because it means you basically have to play her like Ash.

https://youtu.be/uFbvvKL-Xdw

here's an example for those who assume i'm lying

Edited by ZekkMC

Ember had that since the start of her Rework. Not sure if DE fixed this but her 3 got a worse kind of LOS. You can look at a enemy that’s covering him/herself with a obstacle and her 3 wouldn’t hit the enemy. Also, even with that LOS restriction, pretty sure her 4 can ignore Walls still. Just a design mess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

Ember had that since the start of her Rework. Not sure if DE fixed this but her 3 got a worse kind of LOS. You can look at a enemy that’s covering him/herself with a obstacle and her 3 wouldn’t hit the enemy. Also, even with that LOS restriction, pretty sure her 4 can ignore Walls still. Just a design mess.

Actually was gonna mention this but I forgot. Yes her 3 is also broken, but I haven't done enough testing to see in which ways it consistently breaks. Thanks for reminding me.

Would really love both of these fixed ASAP, especially since I sunk 8 forma into her before realizing this absolute dealbreaker

Alternatively:

After years of players going back and forth about how Ember's old World on Fire was a complete AFK tool, about how DE had ruined it by giving it shrinking range, and so on and so forth... DE completely reworked the ability to be a single high instance of damage in Line Of Sight to ensure that players were actively moving, scanning and combining her casts together to create the best effects.

An interesting note about Line of Sight in Warframe is that it isn't always dependent on the actual lines of sight, DE built in a system that ensures if the player 'saw' an enemy that then ducked into cover, this still counted because the character still knew where that enemy was, even if line of sight had been recently broken. World on Fire, moreover, has a mechanic that allows both an AoE and an area that spreads the effects of the ability on to nearby enemies, meaning that it can tick for high damage on enemies you really haven't even seen before.

Besides that, as a capped damage ability, even with her scaling passive and her bonus from Immolation's current value, Inferno is not actually a kill ability without one, little, tiny function that she has; armour stripping on Fire Blast. Without that Armour Strip, even an Ember massively modded for strength can't kill an armoured Heavy Gunner past around... level 40-50 with just Inferno on its own.

What you cannot do is remain inactive. You do have to approach situations making sure that your camera actively 'sees' enemies, and far from playing like Ash who literally has to mouse-over every enemy multiple times, you just have to not dive into the middle of everything like a moron so that you're surrounded and have to spin your camera.

• Like 2

Another problem...she needs a way to defend against incoming  fire. 

Ember can't hold enemies at bay. She has no way to stop offensive firepower. Discovered this defending a railjack component against the corpus. As soon as her powers are depleted its game over. She has no lasting affects.

There is no reprieve once bullets start flying. The idiotic decision to put a charge attack on her one was dumb as a box of rocks considering it's already weak as hell(aka charge for less Dps due to time loss). 

DE needs to play the frame before making changes to get a clue of the work they have performed? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

As soon as her powers are depleted its game over.

There's a bunch of Frames that rely heavily on abilities to be effective
(some a bit more so, Ember's natural defensive stats are not completely terrible).

If you find your Ember desperately needs Energy / has constant Energy issues,
change up your Mods / make additional preparations (worst case, spam Energy Restores lol).

Hek, she even has an Augment that (potentially) litters the map with Energy Orbs 😛

(For the record, I don't mean to say Ember is perfect - or even all that fun - right now.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

interesting note about Line of Sight in Warframe is that it isn't always dependent on the actual lines of sight, DE built in a system that ensures if the player 'saw' an enemy that then ducked into cover, this still counted because the character still knew where that enemy was, even if line of sight had been recently broken. World on Fire, moreover, has a mechanic that allows both an AoE and an area that spreads the effects of the ability on to nearby enemies, meaning that it can tick for high damage on enemies you really haven't even seen before.

This is false, or at least not the way inferno works. I just tested it. If you look at an enemy who is through a wall, despite never actually having line of sight with said enemy, it will still hit them with inferno.

9 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yes, that's how her 4 is supposed to work now.
It's not a proper radial attack anymore, instead only affecting enemies in her vision cone.

I initially skipped testing this at first, and then completely forgot to come back to this before making a post because I've seen enemy markers who I've already looked at disappear seemingly consistently. Admittedly this was a stupid mistake on my behalf, so my apologies.

Still this brings up an entirely different problem, which is the ash problem, where I now have to spin my camera around in order to do the damage I'm supposed to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZekkMC said:

This is false, or at least not the way inferno works. I just tested it. If you look at an enemy who is through a wall, despite never actually having line of sight with said enemy, it will still hit them with inferno.

Fair enough, cone of effect does actually bypass the basic line of sight ^^ Even better.

Bulletjump midair, press 4, rain hell, loot globes, repeat.

You need more tankiness? Slap Adaptation on her, press 2 and everytime your heat bar goes over 80% just press 3. Not to mention you can add QT with HA for another "health bar".