Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid farming has become more difficult

(PSN)zenhumphrey

Question

So, i was looking at Lil Duck's arcanes that might help me in the game, then i saw Magus Lockdown (i actually dunno actual name), i was rank 3 so i decided to kill exploiter for her toroids which gave 12k standing if traded, then i had enough to rank up i had everything except the sola toroids i needed 10 so i tried farming it... I barely got any in 30 minutes with a pilfering khora in temple of profit, tried w hydroid and same results, i decided to go to recruiting chat and see if anyone else farming them but got no one to farm with, i tried asking friends and didnt wanna farm cuz they said it'll take too long, i even tried the profit taker bounty but i got none 8 attempts, im now stuck at 3 sola toroids that i havent used in the past. What should i do?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

P.S i dont have nekros

Edited by (PS4)zenhumphrey

5 answers to this question

Get Chesa Kubrow or Smeeta and keep trying especially when you roll resource chance booster from login reward. Pilfokhora is not as effective as Nekros or Hydroid but you will get some eventually. Keep alert level to max for enemies to keep spawning, that would mean big green lazer Raknoids will appear - those have 20% chance to drop Sola. I'll be willing to help you farm these if we would be on the same platform though.

Also get your Nekros farmed, Lephantis is not that hard to solo or pug.

Edited by RobWasHere

12 minutes ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

What should i do?    

Get some people to go with. I got more in 10 minutes with a friend than in one hour solo. Doing it solo is a really bad choice. You don't need a full squad, just one extra person.

Nekros is the best for this I have found. If you don't have it try find someone that does. 

From what I've done to get Toroids, a Mesa + Nekros combo should work wonders. I got more than 10 toroids in 10 minutes when I don't even get 1 in three hours of solo farming WITH Nekros. It could just be RNGesus being a dipwad like it normally is, but like krc473 stated, soloing is a very bad choice.

Edited by Cephalon_Naiture

For the toroids requirements for building things, I always went solo because of how hard it is to find a group ( reason same as OP's)

I believe farm frame is not necessary, sometimes I went with nekro but it didn't impact too much to me.  After all it's totally RNG.

According to my experience, there is a trend to drop more toroids if I got 1 from the first group of enemies I encountered in the base. When I didn't get a single toroid for the first 5 mins, I won't get any toroid in the coming 10mins. So if this happens to you, go back to Fortuna and re-enter Orb Vallis to reset the instance.

Resetting the instance sometimes gave me 3 toroids from the first group of enemies.